HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Begin's Back: Who Sits?

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
The problem might not even pose itself. I'm knocking on wood but another forward could get injured in the mean time. Either way I'd not rush him.

That being said if Bégin was to come back next game and I was Gainey I'd sit Sundstrom. Never enough grit, plus Murry has been surprisingly good defensively and he can also score from time to time or set up plays in the slot as well with good work along the boards.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Nyclaus

Murray should sit...for a while a least (can't say more without jinxing)

Sunny is fresh, healthy and very much swichted on thank you. We don't have to rely on him as much as in past years since dephtness (what a word) is less of a issue now meaning, he can play a very important role if used sparingly (another word).

Oh forgot...SSSSPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! !!!!!!!!!

Old
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
tnq

Murray
because the Sunny Bonk Begin makes more turnover than Murray Bonk Begin.

Old
04-26-2006, 01:42 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Tough call. Sundstrom is playing really well right now. I would probably sit Murray to get Begin in the lineup if he is good enough to go at some point.

Old
04-26-2006, 01:44 AM
ShuttFan

We might get this answered sooner rather than later if Montreal dresses 7 D tonight.

Old
04-26-2006, 02:07 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Sunny, without a shadow of doubt.

Old
04-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Bob Bastards

Sunny is playing out of fear right now and I am really scare that he will end up in the same mood as in regular season, AKA a$$ grabber...

Put him in the press boot and destroy is sweater, I don't want to see him with the Habs jersey anymore.

Old
04-26-2006, 07:54 AM
eddy

Tough call but say what you want about Sunny but he's got 3 assists in 2 games and is tied for the team lead in +/- with a +3, he's playing well.

Old
04-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I think we can safely assume it's between Murray and Sundstrom.

Murray's been solid on the PK and brings a nice physical element, unafraid to wreak havoc in the offensive zone and drive the net. Good shot-blocker. Very good at winning battles along the boards in his own zone.

On the downside, he hasn't been overly physical, and has been sub-par in the neutral zone. Often times when the Canes' fourth line is matched up against Bonk's line, the Adams will out-skate and out-work the Montreal fourth line in the neutral zone and establish a cycle. I think this is partly due to the line's lack of neutral-zone ability, and ability to move the puck forward. Begin's really very good at making the simple play and getting the puck deep. Murray's not been doing this.

Sundstrom's been strong defensively, but doesn't block shots and doesn't win the important battles as cleanly as Murray does in his own zone. He is far better at deceptively getting into passing lanes and forcing turnovers, and has far more offensive awareness--he's actually able to contribute offensively, whereas Murray's contribution is limited to a 'wreak havoc to give teammates room' (which is fine--but not sure if it's what the team needs on that fourth line).

Personally, I think Murray's the better option to sit. Against a tougher team, or a team that forechecks harder, go with Murray. He supports the D better. But against Carolina, Sundstrom seems to be at his best.
Don't panic, there will be injuries.... if not, Murray is your guy for sure.

Old
04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
HabsSlappy

As much as I love Begin and would love to have him in the lineup.....until the Habs lose, you don't put Begin back in. You don't mess with a winning lineup and thats all there is to it!
But if the Habs start losing, then Gainey has a tough decision. I honesly can't decide.

Old
04-26-2006, 08:36 AM
speed11

bench koivu, put begin on the first line =O

Old
04-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Murray out if Begin comes back while we're still playing Carolina.

Sundstrom can be out (or whoever is newly injured), or maybe Perezhogin, if we manage to get past Carolina and Begin comes back in the next round.

Old
04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule11
As much as I love Begin and would love to have him in the lineup.....until the Habs lose, you don't put Begin back in. You don't mess with a winning lineup and thats all there is to it!
But if the Habs start losing, then Gainey has a tough decision. I honesly can't decide.

I don't want to flame you or anything but, would you be saying the same thing if it were Gretzky? I'm not saying Begin = Gretzky, but heh! we need the guy every night for obvious reasons, winning or loosing.

edit: "Superstition ain't the way" - Stevie Wonder

Old
04-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Sunny = Soft, I am still pissed at Sunny for that stunt he pulled in game 4 against TB when he didn't give full effort and was SCARED of getting hit by the puck.

Murray = Heart, playoff warrior, size, power, and scores as well

Closed Thread