HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We shouldn't be surprised...

Old
04-25-2006, 01:20 AM
SanDiegoFlyersFan

vCash: 500
We shouldn't be surprised...

This team has been inconsistent for the last 4 months...Tonight is no different. Everyone predicted it would be an early round exit because of this type of play. The Flyers actually had the worst record of any playoff team since the Olympic break.

We were all hopeful that some miracalous transformation would occur with the hockey club entering the playoffs. This is the same hopeful phenomena that keeps us fans coming back each year. The bottom line, regrettably, is this team isn't that good. The reasons are many and not purely based on skill.

The Flyers anguishing fall from the playoffs is a Philly right of passage...at least since 1985 when I began following the team. It's like a fifth season as a prelude to the summer...even though in San Diego, everyday is summer... Now we have to endur another 6 months of that awful sport called 'baseball'....

SanDiegoFlyersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 01:21 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

thanks for clearing that up....

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 01:23 AM
sansan

omg. i can't believe some of you are giving up already. Would it be possible to wait til we actually lost to start threads like this? I know things look bleak, but come on.

sansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 11:50 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
not cool...calling for injuries to players is a complete lack of class

if you want redemption for running the score up then either don't let them do it or do it to them in philly, but calling for someone to get injured is pathetic
see i didnt want to see them go for injuries, rather hits like eager's, which was a bit late, but a clean hit otherwise, no intent to injure...gauthier is just a ******...and i hope hitchcock programs this team out of attack mode for game 3 or else a few buffalo powerplays could lead to a few goals and i will write this series off as being done

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHomer DM03
see i didnt want to see them go for injuries, rather hits like eager's, which was a bit late, but a clean hit otherwise, no intent to injure...gauthier is just a ******...and i hope hitchcock programs this team out of attack mode for game 3 or else a few buffalo powerplays could lead to a few goals and i will write this series off as being done
agreed, i'd like them to play physical and establish their physical dominance, but do it completely cleanly. i can't stand the kind of clowns saying the whole "go for the knees" kind of crap

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
this thread has got my undivided attention.
That isn't a good thing.

Some of you have mail.

Knock it off.

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Last edited by Gee Wally: 04-25-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:01 PM
SanDiegoFlyersFan

It's not about giving up...just being realistic. So, we might win a couple of games in the series...but we just aren't good enough this year...it happens...I know Bobby will get us back in shape...It should make for an interesting off-season.

SanDiegoFlyersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:25 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoFlyersFan
It's not about giving up...just being realistic. So, we might win a couple of games in the series...but we just aren't good enough this year...it happens...I know Bobby will get us back in shape...It should make for an interesting off-season.
i can certainly understand where you are coming from...but in the playoffs you gotta be there every step of the way, no matter how poor the team is or how poorly they are having IMO...

remember what Yogi Berra said...."It ain't over till it's over"

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
in case anybody else has issues....with my guidance here ...PM me ....

I find it interesting that those that called me out do not have the ability to *see* what I had to delete and react to.

Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote