HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Desjardins?

Old
04-25-2006, 04:04 PM
flyboys328

vCash: 500
Desjardins?

does anybody think he can still play, if i was bobby clarke i would have made my mind up on not resigning him by his performance in the playoffs, he is really showing how an unconditioned 38 year old defenseman plays, any suggestions for someone to take his spot not currently on the roster, next year.

flyboys328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 04:11 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboys328
does anybody think he can still play, if i was bobby clarke i would have made my mind up on not resigning him by his performance in the playoffs, he is really showing how an unconditioned 38 year old defenseman plays, any suggestions for someone to take his spot not currently on the roster, next year.
i've always liked Rico but his time is up...i'd love to see him retire as a Flyer, but if he doesn't retire after this season, he's gotta go...his body can't keep up and lately his decision-making can't either

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 06:10 PM
flyersfan21

I would bench Rico and put Picard in, He may be a rookie but he wont make the same mistakes Rico does, plus he's a hell of a lot faster.

Rico is just washed up. He's too slow and doesnt make the right decisions on the ice.

Time to hang them up.

I hope Clarke does not resign him, let him walk.

flyersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 06:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Desjardins can come back next year if he doesn't mind being a 7th defenseman and no more than $1M (which for any 7th d-man is a lot)

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Desjardins can come back next year if he doesn't mind being a 7th defenseman and no more than $1M (which for any 7th d-man is a lot)
let him pull a tommy albelin, practice with the team, part tiem coach and when we get the injury bug see what happens.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Miracle80

Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
i've always liked Rico but his time is up...i'd love to see him retire as a Flyer, but if he doesn't retire after this season, he's gotta go...his body can't keep up and lately his decision-making can't either
Agreed, his age is showing. I have always been a Rico fan, but these playoffs have not been good for him. Face it, this is a young mans game now. KJ(if healthy) and JP are our new veterans on D.

Miracle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:26 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
let him pull a tommy albelin, practice with the team, part tiem coach and when we get the injury bug see what happens.
When we get the injury bug desjardins is somewhere near the epicenter

He broke his arm playing wiffleball or something with his son in the '04 playoffs before the tampa bay series

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
crackerzack

You guys were calling him "desjardone" three years ago, and then he made a comeback. You forget that he did come back from serious shoulder surgery this season. I'm guessing there is something seriously wrong with him.

crackerzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 12:27 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerzack
You guys were calling him "desjardone" three years ago, and then he made a comeback. You forget that he did come back from serious shoulder surgery this season. I'm guessing there is something seriously wrong with him.
honestly i never heard, or don't remember hearing desjar-done...but i wish i had, thats good...

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 01:20 AM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerzack
i wasn't around for any kind of desjar-done stuff but rico was looking REALLY bad until Hitch started as head coach, he flourished with Hitch's defensive system, but he just can't keep up in the new NHL

Old
04-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Agreed. That said, Hitch would still try and play him 20+ minutes.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 01:57 AM
Boyd_Gordon

Yeah, I've heard him been called "gay"jardins, but not desjar"done"...that's pretty good. It's a shame, because he's been a staple on our D for what seems like forever. Hopefully he can stick around as a reserve defenseman, if only because of his play over many years.

Boyd_Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 02:02 AM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd_Gordon
Yeah, I've heard him been called "gay"jardins, but not desjar"done"...that's pretty good. It's a shame, because he's been a staple on our D for what seems like forever. Hopefully he can stick around as a reserve defenseman, if only because of his play over many years.
i'd rather him just walk away now and go out before he really tarnishes his legacy...i think he's a definite flyers hall of fame guy

Old
04-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Boyd_Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
i'd rather him just walk away now and go out before he really tarnishes his legacy...i think he's a definite flyers hall of fame guy

yeah, i hear ya. I would just like him around because he's been around a long time and would be a good locker room guy for the young players coming up. He's a savvy veteran and guys like are always good in the locker room. And he's gotta be a lock for Flyers HOF

Boyd_Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote