HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Food for thought...

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 08:09 AM
"TheTrain"

vCash: 500
Food for thought...

Zidlicky will, first off, continue his stellar play, then be the only Predator to make the all star team, then go about finishing the season with 45-55 points and last but certainly not least, be a Norris candidate. I know many people object to this because you don't want to get your hopes up and have them come crashing down like in previous years, but I ask you then, if this is the case, when will you ever believe in this team and what they have the potential to do? Our sole purpose as fans is to rant and rave to anyone willing to listen about how great our team in fact is, to over-value, over-appreciate and over-excite everything and anything. If we don't, then who will, I sure as hell wouldn't count on the writers and analysts. So as far as I'm concerned, I will continue to do my job as a Nashville Predators fan and believe that David Legwand will be the next Mike Modano, that we will make the playoffs this year. I believe that the Predators will win the Stanley Cup someday and I only hope that others share this belief with me so that it will be here, in Nashville, that they bring it back to their forever loyal fans.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:36 PM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Let the record show that all of us here are true Predator fans and have been since day one so someday when we do win it all we'll all know who the real fans are!!

Old
11-01-2003, 06:53 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
Let the record show that all of us here are true Predator fans and have been since day one so someday when we do win it all we'll all know who the real fans are!!

Old
11-01-2003, 08:50 AM
"TheTrain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
I don't think I understand your reasoning here, that is the exact situation I was referring to, everyone loves to say that they're a fan when a team is successful. I'm sure there will be thousands of so called "real fans" that materialize out of thin air, claiming to have stuck it out, but the "true Predator fans" are those that believe in our team no matter what the situation. There is nothing I hate more than to watch the dramatic transformation in these "real fans" as soon as the score isn't to their liking. I know many of these people, we all do, and I will never call them a "true fan", or even a fan at all, for it is a disgrace to the rest of us. I don't doubt your loyalty Spank, but there are some on these boards that, unfortunately, I have reservations about. That is the exact reason that I also believe that the Predators will not be here in Nashville when they, do in fact, win the cup.

I know that I seem to contradict my undying faith in saying this, but it is not in the team that my doubts lay, it is in us, the fans and I, myself, am no exception. Although I say all these things, how am I any different from these non-believers, how can I call myself a "true fan" when I sit right alongside them at home during games, doing nothing at all to keep this team I love, here, in Nashville.

Just some food for thought...

Closed Thread