HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - 4/26: Sabres @ Flyers, Game III, (7:00PM, TSN)

Old
04-26-2006, 11:40 PM
sansan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull
The Flyers I saw in GM3 are the Flyers I thought I would see from the get go.
Flyers are slow starters. It takes them awhile to get going it appears. Been like that all season. From what I saw tonite, it looks like they're ready to go.

sansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 11:47 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan
Flyers are slow starters. It takes them awhile to get going it appears. Been like that all season. From what I saw tonite, it looks like they're ready to go.
The sabres didn't do themselves any favors by not playing very hard until they were down 3-1. It almost seemed as though they thought they won after Kotalik's goal. Then Philly stormed back

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 11:52 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Are Buffalo fans actually denying they werent cheering when they showed the RJ hit on the screen multiple times. One of them was to show how dizzy and out of it RJ was after the hit.

You didn't hear Bob Mckenzie call what the Buffalo people did classless by putting that up there as all the Buffalo fans cheered?

As I talked to a couple of Flyer fans, a lot of them did say it was in response to what Buffalo did with RJ.

P.S., I also thought the "USA USA" chants to mock Buffalo were pretty funny.

I dont like Buffalo or Philly, just like I know you guys dont like Ottawa, I just wanted to know what was going on with the whole episode. Bad Blood makes things so much more interesting eh?

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 11:59 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz
Are Buffalo fans actually denying they werent cheering when they showed the RJ hit on the screen multiple times. One of them was to show how dizzy and out of it RJ was after the hit.
You didn't hear Bob Mckenzie call what the Buffalo people did classless by putting that up there as all the Buffalo fans cheered?

As I talked to a couple of Flyer fans, a lot of them did say it was in response to what Buffalo did with RJ.

P.S., I also thought the "USA USA" chants to mock Buffalo were pretty funny.

I dont like Buffalo or Philly, just like I know you guys dont like Ottawa, I just wanted to know what was going on with the whole episode. Bad Blood makes things so much more interesting eh?
That is a fallacy created by some media outlets. It was replayed once after the hit when RJ was off the ice. It was also replayed by MSG during the intermission. The MSG intermissions are feed throught the Jumbotron.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 12:02 AM
BringBackStevens

i thought some players really shined tonight:

foppa - physically dominant
pitkanen - finally looks comfortable
meyer - used the body real well. always in position
handzus - seemed to dig very deep tonight
ratchje and hatcher - stood out to me for some reason too

i wish i could add more forwards, but the lack of secondline pressure is sorta troubling

not so great games:
nedved - atrocious penalties
niko - played with a ton of energy so i can't fault him there but i think he was a little overly energetic and overskated / over persued the play and lost the puck a fair amount
carter - i'm still waiting for him to step it up and get some of those wicked wrist shots on a shaky miller

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 12:38 AM
clumping platelets

Lack of productivity on the PP hurt....Sabres had chances but didn't capitalize.

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 01:13 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer
What you thought all the cheap shots didnt deserve penalties?

dont even be bringing that crap up.
Roy hitting Forsberg from behind in game 2 was the cause of all the mess from there on out IMO.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 01:35 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
safe to say forsbergs best game as a flyer so far?

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 03:25 AM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim
absolutely...that is why he is making 5.5 mil a year...i'm not knocking the guy, but this is what is to be expected from him

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 03:36 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim
Solely because of the time of the year and the importance of the particular game. I think he's had other games where he was more dominating, but obviously those games weren't as important as this one was.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 04:29 AM
SChan*

Quote:
I think Cambell actually took it of Forsberg's stick and cleared it right at McKee and then........ . With all this talk of Forsberg as the uberhockey player, I think Gagne has been over looked. He has been the best Flyer in each game.

dude Forsberg was better than Gagne in this game that's for sure.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Meathead

nm

Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 07:23 AM
FearTheFlyers

Gagne was a monster last night though. His play to set up Richie on a two on one was incredible.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 07:32 AM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz
See, that's the problem. They didn't show the hit multiple times, and they certainly didn't show RJ laying there on the ice (which I assume is what you mean by "to show how dizzy & out of it RJ was after the hit").

They showed the hit once, after RJ was off the ice. Fans cheered the hit. It's worth noting that they showed just the hit, cutting away nearly before he even hit the ice. They did not show him laying on the ice after the hit (although I did see that on TV later on).

MSG showed it during the intermission, and because the MSG feed is shown on the Jumbotron during the game, it was up there a second time. This I believe because other people who were at the game tell me that's what happened; I was outside having a smoke & didn't see it.

bflohockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Stonehands77

That game last night was much, MUCH better. What I've been waiting for from this team. The Flyers hit, worked hard, and it paid off. Now if perhaps the refs could get a clue on some of those penalties, and perhaps call Afinogenov for some of HIS dives, I'd be even happier. But hey, we'll take what we can get.

Forsberg's play was awesome, but just as encouraging was that Pitkanen jumped up into the rush several times. The Flyers need more offense, and when Joni is on his game, they tend to get it. Very nice to see. Now, if they can just turn some of those posts into goals, this would be a VERY different series.

Oh, and finally, dear God, please let the Center Ice feed on Friday night NOT be the MSG feed. Honestly, they suck. And badly, I might add. Besides the fact that the play-by-play guy's voice is more grating then nails on a chalkboard, he gets so overexcited when the Sabres move over the blue line at all I'm afraid he's going to have a heart attack on the air. And heaven help us if they actually throw the puck near the net. This is without getting into the fact that the feed was dark, and they can't seem to follow the play all that well sometimes. Just not a good way to watch a game. I'd rather listen to Pierre Maguire, I think...at least there's a chance the play-by-play guy won't make me want to get earplugs.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:51 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
See, that's the problem. They didn't show the hit multiple times, and they certainly didn't show RJ laying there on the ice (which I assume is what you mean by "to show how dizzy & out of it RJ was after the hit").

They showed the hit once, after RJ was off the ice. Fans cheered the hit. It's worth noting that they showed just the hit, cutting away nearly before he even hit the ice. They did not show him laying on the ice after the hit (although I did see that on TV later on).

MSG showed it during the intermission, and because the MSG feed is shown on the Jumbotron during the game, it was up there a second time. This I believe because other people who were at the game tell me that's what happened; I was outside having a smoke & didn't see it.
Your fans were also mocking RJ and planning shirts to mock him, before you even knew he was going to be OK. Mocking a young player who may have carreer problems from a hit, is classless.

Regarding JP, I have played alot of hockey in my life. When you are down and have to be helped off the ice, You do not return 10 mins later like nothing happened. Plus after he got sticked, it took him 5-10 seconds to go down, HMMMMMMMMMM.

When Kaps got knocked senseless by Tucker, he fought with everything he had to get back to the bench, he did'nt roll atound on the ice for 5 mins. No one likes to see a guy get injured, but to go down like you were shot, only to return in 10 mins, is embarassing to fans and to anyone who has played the game before. We have seen the likes of Tucker way to often.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:54 AM
2x4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Your fans were also mocking RJ and planning shirts to mock him, before you even knew he was going to be OK. Mocking a young player who may have carreer problems from a hit, is classless.

Regarding JP, I have played alot of hockey in my life. When you are down and have to be helped off the ice, You do not return 10 mins later like nothing happened. Plus after he got sticked, it took him 5-10 seconds to go down, HMMMMMMMMMM.

When Kaps got knocked senseless by Tucker, he fought with everything he had to get back to the bench, he did'nt roll atound on the ice for 5 mins. No one likes to see a guy get injured, but to go down like you were shot, only to return in 10 mins, is embarassing to fans and to anyone who has played the game before. We have seen the likes of Tucker way to often.

2x4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 09:00 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer

Typical response , when you know I am right.

Old
04-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Rex88

I don't plan on reading this entire thread but a fun game to watch last night and a solid effort especially on the PK - come on and get another on Friday boys.

Rex88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

Quote:
Right. All of our fans were doing that. Every last one of us. In fact, the arena had shirts printed up mocking RJ and gave them out at the door for game 2. They were planning it while he was still on the ice - you know, before Hitch (mistakenly) assured the press RJ was "good to go" for game 2.

Were there people in the building still waving their pom-poms and cheering while RJ was being tended to? Absolutely. A couple of them were sitting near me, and I thought they were acting like idiots. I told them as much, too. But overall a tiny minority of fans were acting like that. And I'm not about to defend their behaviour. I think the fans that didn't show the proper concern/respect for RJ's welfare were pretty classless. How do you feel about the people chanting "***-hole" while JP was still down?

Quote:
Regarding JP, I have played alot of hockey in my life. When you are down and have to be helped off the ice, You do not return 10 mins later like nothing happened.
Your fans have some amazing ESP, if they knew while JP was still lying on the ice that he was going to be OK. Because it would be classless to mock him before they knew that, right?

But I'm not at all sure what this has to do with my post. My initial take last night was that the fans in the building were being pretty classless, but then I realized they probably had no idea why JP was down since nothing appeared to be happening in his general vicinity. I also realized that since I wasn't there, my perception of what was going on might be "off."

Which was really the point of my post: If people want to complain about what happened in the building on Saturday, that's fine - but complain about what actually happened in the building. If the guy I was replying to had said, "I know they only showed the hit once, and they didn't show RJ laying on the ground, and they showed it after he'd left the ice, but I still think it's poor form to show a hit when there might be god-knows-what kind of ramifications to the player who got hit and clearly he wasn't well," I wouldn't have even responded to him. But he didn't, so I wanted to set the record straight.

Old
04-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Jester

Quote:
The Flyers I saw in GM3 are the Flyers I thought I would see from the get go.
still taking too many stupid penalties that have nothing to do with speed...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 09:44 AM
bioman85*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
still taking too many stupid penalties that have nothing to do with speed...
What happened to the Nedved we saw towards the end of the season?

bioman85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
Right. All of our fans were doing that. Every last one of us. In fact, the arena had shirts printed up mocking RJ and gave them out at the door for game 2. They were planning it while he was still on the ice - you know, before Hitch (mistakenly) assured the press RJ was "good to go" for game 2.

Were there people in the building still waving their pom-poms and cheering while RJ was being tended to? Absolutely. A couple of them were sitting near me, and I thought they were acting like idiots. I told them as much, too. But overall a tiny minority of fans were acting like that. And I'm not about to defend their behaviour. I think the fans that didn't show the proper concern/respect for RJ's welfare were pretty classless. How do you feel about the people chanting "***-hole" while JP was still down?

Your fans have some amazing ESP, if they knew while JP was still lying on the ice that he was going to be OK. Because it would be classless to mock him before they knew that, right?

But I'm not at all sure what this has to do with my post. My initial take last night was that the fans in the building were being pretty classless, but then I realized they probably had no idea why JP was down since nothing appeared to be happening in his general vicinity. I also realized that since I wasn't there, my perception of what was going on might be "off."

Which was really the point of my post: If people want to complain about what happened in the building on Saturday, that's fine - but complain about what actually happened in the building. If the guy I was replying to had said, "I know they only showed the hit once, and they didn't show RJ laying on the ground, and they showed it after he'd left the ice, but I still think it's poor form to show a hit when there might be god-knows-what kind of ramifications to the player who got hit and clearly he wasn't well," I wouldn't have even responded to him. But he didn't, so I wanted to set the record straight.

Trust me, when I am in attendance, I have NEVER booed an injured player, and always clap when they get up. But I can't control what other people do, and I don't need Sabre fans calling all Flyer fans classless, because I am not one of them. I know that is not what you are saying, and I respect your posts, but some fans come on and spew that all Flyer fans are classless, because of the antics of some. Regarding JP, when he waited 10 secs to go down, I honestly thought he was not hurt, and I was right, that's all.

Old
04-27-2006, 10:10 AM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

Quote:
Trust me, when I am in attendance, I have NEVER booed an injured player, and always clap when they get up. But I can't control what other people do, and I don't need Sabre fans calling all Flyer fans classless, because I am not one of them. I know that is not what you are saying, and I respect your posts, but some fans come on and spew that all Flyer fans are classless, because of the antics of some.
I'm with you on this. I think a lot of us are having the same sort of frustration - people calling all Sabres fans classless because of the actions of a few (and, what sparked my initial post, because they heard something happened that didn't).

Honestly, the fans I saw continuing to cheer when RJ was down, I assumed were just bandwagoners who jumped on board for the playoffs & didn't know that there are some things you just don't do. I could be wrong, but I don't know a lot of real fans of the game who would do that.

Last night? I think most of that was a reaction to Saturday (or what they heard happened on Saturday). I still think it's crap, but I understand why some fans might have thought it was appropriate in response.

Quote:
Regarding JP, when he waited 10 secs to go down, I honestly thought he was not hurt, and I was right, that's all.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. You know that photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald taken right after he was shot by Jack Ruby? When they showed the replay, my first thought was that JP had the same look on his face.

Clearly it wasn't all that bad in the end, since he was able to come back, but I have no doubt he was in a world of pain when he went down.

Old
04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman85
What happened to the Nedved we saw towards the end of the season?
he's had that tendancy since getting here...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote