HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Next seasons Roster!

Old
05-02-2006, 10:26 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Yashin?
I wouldn't be suprised to see Yashin bought out by the Isles and if they did I would sign him if the contract demands were the right terms in both $$$ and years.

Yashin is still a damn fine player if he is in a support role like a 2nd line spot as opposed to having to be the "man" and live up to that ridiculous contract.

I think a 2nd line with Prucha-Yashin-Sykora would be one of the better 2nd lines in the NHL and would certainly alieviate some of the burden offensively from the Jagr line.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11
I Yashin is still a damn fine player if he is in a support role like a 2nd line spot as opposed to having to be the "man" and live up to that ridiculous contract.
The more things change........

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11
I wouldn't be suprised to see Yashin bought out by the Isles and if they did I would sign him if the contract demands were the right terms in both $$$ and years.

Yashin is still a damn fine player if he is in a support role like a 2nd line spot as opposed to having to be the "man" and live up to that ridiculous contract.

I think a 2nd line with Prucha-Yashin-Sykora would be one of the better 2nd lines in the NHL and would certainly alieviate some of the burden offensively from the Jagr line.
Yashin might be a skilled player but he is not in the mold of players that this team is looking for build with (that is hard working guys who are difficult to play against). The hardest Yashin skates is coming to the bench after a shift. Not nearly enough heart for my liking.

Rather get a guy like Arnott or even Nieuwendyk. Heck, I'd take Lindros over Yashin.

05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Yashin might be a skilled player but he is not in the mold of players that this team is looking for build with (that is hard working guys who are difficult to play against). The hardest Yashin skates is coming to the bench after a shift. Not nearly enough heart for my liking.

Rather get a guy like Arnott or even Nieuwendyk. Heck, I'd take Lindros over Yashin.
With one stroke, Sather would undo quite a lot of the good will that was built up this season. Especially if Yashin didn't have a good start.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Larry Melnyk

OK, I haven't read every post in this thread, but one person I think that hasn't been discussed as a possibility is JAN MAREK from the CZECH league...The Rangers wanted him over last year but he decided to stay...He might be ready to step in this year as a 2nd liner..His stats were good this year, but that's all i Know...maybe somebody else hs more info and guidnace on his game and possibility of coming to NY this year.,....Along with Rachunel and Jan Novak maybe...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25
I can see the Rangers doing this

Straka/Nylander/Jagr
Prucha/Yashin/Sykora
Hossa/Immonen/Dawes
Moore/Betts/Ortmeyer

Defense

Tyutin/Chara
Malik/Rosival
Kasper/Staal
That looks fine, just put Arnott in for Yashin, move Prucha up, Straka down, Hollweg for Hossa, and Orr for Moore with Hollweg coming down and Ortmeyer moving down.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM
TheZherdev

I never like arnott, i don't know why. I just have the perception that hes a slow and inconsistant forward. If the rangers want a scoring forward that plays with an edge, they should seriously consider Dubinsky.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 10:42 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
I never like arnott, i don't know why. I just have the perception that hes a slow and inconsistant forward. If the rangers want a scoring forward that plays with an edge, they should seriously consider Dubinsky.
Well, he's the one guy out there who can provide some grit and toughness while playing on the top lines

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 11:26 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
That looks fine, just put Arnott in for Yashin, move Prucha up, Straka down, Hollweg for Hossa, and Orr for Moore with Hollweg coming down and Ortmeyer moving down.

who ever want us to get Yashin should follow the Islanders. Id take Arnott over Yashin any day of the week, he actually does something in big games. Id take Hollweg for Hossa, Dubinsky over Betts, Moore and Immonen over Betts, Falardeau over Betts. Id rather keep Moore and dump Betts.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:31 PM
BINGO

I really can't believe it...I was just thinking the same thing.

BINGO is offline   Reply With Quote