Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Do you train/practice on your own?

05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
vCash: 500
Do you train/practice on your own?

Curious to know about this. If/when you practice alone, what drills do you do?

I'm heading out to the rink each morning this week to practice a few skating moves that I need to work on. Obviously there won't be any team-oriented drills being done!

Apart from skating, I'll do some work on the slapshot. The problem is, people praise the power of my slapshot, but I do mine with the toe of the blade, not the heel. It seems to get me a better result. It's like, I'm doing something right, but I'm also doing something wrong.

night-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I practice stickhandling all the time. When I'm home I'll stickhandle with a weighted street hockey ball or golf ball. I'll play keep-away with my dogs and we both have a blast. I have good sized basement and I put a 4x6 sqare on the wall and I'll flip shots into the corner of the square from odd angles, backhand etc and it's made a big difference in my goal output. I think anytime you put a stick in your hand it's not a bad thing.

PensFanInCBus is offline   Reply With Quote
05-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Doctor Hook
Send a message via AIM to Doctor Hook
Run and lift weights on my own, but play league games and pickup when I can. It'd be kind of weird to have an entire rink to myself, but kinda cool. I'd pretend I was Rob Lowe in the opening credit sequence to "Youngblood".

Doctor Hook is offline   Reply With Quote