Home away from home

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 10:33 AM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Home away from home

has anyone else noticed that the Bruins have been shutout for 120 min straight at home? going back to the Carolina game where they were shutout...and then the Habs game. The last time they scored a goal in the Fleet Center was October 8th against New Jersey.

oh well...not a big deal...GO BRUINS

Old
11-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Boston Bruno

Are we allowed to criticize?

I have a bad thought to deal with the STAGNATE Line approach that Sullivan uses.

What am I talking about? Im talking about not being willing to shake up the lines during a game - Why not move guys around a bit to see if you can get something different occuring? Why keep rolling Joe with Knubs and Murray if they are not producing. IMO, Sandy Mcarthy was the one bruin who played a smart game vs the habs, and should have perhaps been given a trip to ride with Joe..

Sullivan from what I have noted, does not like to be a creative guy on the fly. He seems to be content to roll his lines and keep rolling them.
I really do not see what harm it would do to shake em up a bit during a game when you are not generating any real offensive attack. Why not try to put all your eggs into one basket once in a while? Put Sammy with Joe and Murray.. Put Murray with Zinojev and Samsonov - Put Joe with Mcarthy and Lapointe.. Just do something different from the status quo!

What could it hurt? Its not like they are scoring.. Shake em up a bit

Old
11-01-2003, 11:25 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE WANT LARAQUE
I have a bad thought to deal with the STAGNATE Line approach that Sullivan uses.

What am I talking about? Im talking about not being willing to shake up the lines during a game - Why not move guys around a bit to see if you can get something different occuring? Why keep rolling Joe with Knubs and Murray if they are not producing. IMO, Sandy Mcarthy was the one bruin who played a smart game vs the habs, and should have perhaps been given a trip to ride with Joe..

Sullivan from what I have noted, does not like to be a creative guy on the fly. He seems to be content to roll his lines and keep rolling them.
I really do not see what harm it would do to shake em up a bit during a game when you are not generating any real offensive attack. Why not try to put all your eggs into one basket once in a while? Put Sammy with Joe and Murray.. Put Murray with Zinojev and Samsonov - Put Joe with Mcarthy and Lapointe.. Just do something different from the status quo!

What could it hurt? Its not like they are scoring.. Shake em up a bit
Sullivan has done a tremendous amount of line experimentation and now he's looking for a shorthand to develop between linmates. I don't see any harm in that. I'm sure he'll do more swapping if the need arises, but I don't think it has.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:48 AM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Sullivan has done a tremendous amount of line experimentation and now he's looking for a shorthand to develop between linmates. I don't see any harm in that. I'm sure he'll do more swapping if the need arises, but I don't think it has.
Im not sure what you would measure as tremendous - but I certainly have not seen any in game examples of a man fitting that description.
At least not during a game..

Unless you consider his first quest of "catering" to the whining of "We never have the same Left winger to work with" or whatever Joe and Murray where sounding about.

We have been shut out at home repeatly, and so far Sullivan has lacked any kind of creative flair to try to get the team going. Im not suggesting that he bench a guy - just when the team isnt scoring perhaps try a different combination than Murray Knuble Thornton - Rolston Axelsson Bergeron - Samsonov Zinojev Lapointe - Mcarthy Grosek Zamnuer-

The games I have been watching have been fairly indicative of a less than creative (or willing) coach.

We have first in the North East - but One pointers while losing to pretty bad hockey teams isnt exactly a revelation..

Old
11-02-2003, 07:13 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE WANT LARAQUE
Im not sure what you would measure as tremendous - but I certainly have not seen any in game examples of a man fitting that description.
At least not during a game..

Unless you consider his first quest of "catering" to the whining of "We never have the same Left winger to work with" or whatever Joe and Murray where sounding about.

We have been shut out at home repeatly, and so far Sullivan has lacked any kind of creative flair to try to get the team going. Im not suggesting that he bench a guy - just when the team isnt scoring perhaps try a different combination than Murray Knuble Thornton - Rolston Axelsson Bergeron - Samsonov Zinojev Lapointe - Mcarthy Grosek Zamnuer-

The games I have been watching have been fairly indicative of a less than creative (or willing) coach.

We have first in the North East - but One pointers while losing to pretty bad hockey teams isnt exactly a revelation..
We haven't seen an extended homestand since a spurt at the beginning of the season so I wouldn't read much into the home record.

There are some games where I would like to see him 'float' Murray and Thornton between different linemates to slip some of the heavy checking focus.

Closed Thread