Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

ISS profiles Top 10 for OHL draft

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
ISS profiles Top 10 for OHL draft

Here's the link to it on the TSN website.

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/feature/?fid=9653&hubname

Old
05-02-2006, 03:18 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Pretty good...Staal at 7th overall seems really high...he may end up being drafted that high but i dont think his talent level warrants it.

Old
05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Boomhower

Most people say Staal is a 4th round talent, but will probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round on name alone.

7th overall is by far the highest I've seen him ranked.

Old
05-02-2006, 04:09 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Most people say Staal is a 4th round talent, but will probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round on name alone.

7th overall is by far the highest I've seen him ranked.
Yeah, that's a huge reach from everything I've heard. But, if he goes in the top 10, it means that Kitchener has a better shot at a 'top 15 type' player and I can live with that!

Old
05-02-2006, 05:46 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I thought Jared was really good?

Old
05-02-2006, 09:00 PM
jwalk

The $64000 question is will Stamkos opt to go the college route ? He has yet to declare. That could have quite a chain reaction in the top 10 on who goes where.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
ktownhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
I thought Jared was really good?
at this stage of all the Staals career (there OHL draft years) Jared is the least developed. He was a 2nd line player on his Thunder Bay AAA team. That being said he has good size and a long stride with decent offensive instincts. I do not think he'd be worth a top 2 round pick but he may turn out to be a pretty good player with alot of help.

Old
05-04-2006, 08:30 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk
The $64000 question is will Stamkos opt to go the college route ? He has yet to declare. That could have quite a chain reaction in the top 10 on who goes where.
Maybe he will pull a Logan Couture, send a fax to the league saying he is going to the NCAA and then call London, Ottawa, Kitchener and Owen Sound and say he'd report.

OHL draft is a joke.

Old
05-04-2006, 08:54 PM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Maybe he will pull a Logan Couture, send a fax to the league saying he is going to the NCAA and then call London, Ottawa, Kitchener and Owen Sound and say he'd report.

OHL draft is a joke.
On that point you and I agree. And given the potential money involved ( for the guys that are already being projected as sure fire NHL prospects), and the U. S. enticements,and the agents,my guess it's only going to get worse particularly for the teams that are located far from the GTA.

Old
05-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Quote:

OHL draft is a joke.
I think you mean a Chet Couture. That's Logan's dad. Things worked out well for Logan in the end, but man, if my dad pulled wanted to pull something like that, I'd tell him to chill.

Old
05-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
I think you mean a Chet Couture. That's Logan's dad. Things worked out well for Logan in the end, but man, if my dad pulled wanted to pull something like that, I'd tell him to chill.
yea he got drafted to big city/market Ottawa as supposed to the smaller of either Sarnia or Saginaw, i think the stunt his dad pulled worked out great for him, he's being coached by arguably the greatest coach in CHL history. looks like it's gonna work this year for Stamkos as well. Small or big it doesn't really matter, if you build your team right your name will get out there, look at guelph, their arena isn't hardly anything, the city isn't big, but Ryan Parent, is a household name for anyone that follows hockey, Mark Katic is begining to get his name out there, a year ago no one heard this name or knew what he could do, dispite playing in a small city and average sized arena in sarnia. it's all about how you play, not what city you play for.

Old
05-05-2006, 11:08 AM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
yea he got drafted to big city/market Ottawa as supposed to the smaller of either Sarnia or Saginaw, i think the stunt his dad pulled worked out great for him, he's being coached by arguably the greatest coach in CHL history. looks like it's gonna work this year for Stamkos as well. Small or big it doesn't really matter, if you build your team right your name will get out there, look at guelph, their arena isn't hardly anything, the city isn't big, but Ryan Parent, is a household name for anyone that follows hockey, Mark Katic is begining to get his name out there, a year ago no one heard this name or knew what he could do, dispite playing in a small city and average sized arena in sarnia. it's all about how you play, not what city you play for.
Actually, Ry Dogg I believe that Guelph has a nice new facility. Seeing as how Stamkos was at the Sarnia press conference today I guess he didn't have a hidden agenda.

Old
05-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Default101

been to Guelph's arena, and i've grown up in sarnia, the only difference is that the SSEC is alittle brighter than the GSEC and the seats are blue in guelph instead of purple in sarnia, the building plans were by the same guy, and if i didn't see the guelph logo at center ice i would have sworn i was in the SSEC and the yjust painted the seats lol.

Old
05-06-2006, 08:27 AM
petrklima85

Is McRae the only top ranked American player that could be drafted into the O ?

Old
05-07-2006, 10:17 PM
JrHockeyFan

Yeah

Quote:

OHL draft is a joke.
Gotta agree with you there. Like Basil McRae has no idea where his kid wants to play, or wouldn't tell his fellow Knight owners. LOL So much disinformation and posturing. Not as nauseating as the Bonnie and Carl show though.

Old
05-08-2006, 07:48 AM
kov

How old are these kids? 16? 17? What's the age limit for kids entering the draft for a major juniors league?

Old
05-08-2006, 09:16 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kov
How old are these kids? 16? 17? What's the age limit for kids entering the draft for a major juniors league?
1990 birth year..

The WHL just held theri draft and they drafted 1991's (14 year olds). The OHL drafts 15 year olds and the QMJHL drafts a mixture of 15 and 16 year olds.

There is no "limit" to enter as every year there are 19 year olds who werent drafted and who walked onto rosters via a strong training camp.

Closed Thread