3.Alex Pietrangelo Jr. Canadiens
4. Phil Mc Rae U . S. under 17
5. Cory Hodgson Markham
6. Greg Nemisz Clarington
7. A. J. Jenks Detroit
8. James Livingston York Simcoe
9 Mitch Gaulton Toronto Red Wings
10. Robbie Czarnik Detroit

Any insight on any of the the above or any other midget stars ?

Old
03-31-2006, 04:39 AM
Default101

vCash: 500
top 5 should be really good... rumours have it that McRae will only play OHL hockey if he's drafted by the knights... bad move considering the knights are gonna be in the basement for a few years recovering from their uncompareable last 2 seasons, thatst just how jr. hockey works, for a 1990 birthdate london isn't the best destination to win in... but thats what dan Fritsche said he'd only play for Saginaw or Plymouth, Sarnia drafted him and told him he can either report or go play in the USHL for 2 seasons then college, he shut up and played OHL hockey

Old
03-31-2006, 02:03 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
McRae hasn't gone on the record to say he'll only play for the knights... but it does make sense... he is american and his dad owns some shares in the Knights and if he gets drafted by someone else im sure he has no problem going the jack johnson route...

Old
04-01-2006, 01:15 AM
ktownhockey

I think McRae will be coming to the OHL. Makes sense since his dad co owns the knights.

I heard the SOO and London are likely destinations for Phil.

Old
04-01-2006, 01:41 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
I saw kudos to any ohl team that takes that risk of him reporting to any other team then the knights... especially the soo since the only leverages they have is history and new arena... long *** bus trips... closest road game is 4 hours away... that sucks!

Old
04-10-2006, 01:54 PM
BeliveauFan4ever

I hope McCrae isn't one of these kids that attempts to manipulate the draft.

That kind of crap is bad for the league.

The Sault is a great place to play, and there is a long list of quality pros who all say they loved playing here.

We need snipers and McCrae is one of the kids I hope the Hounds draft.

Old
04-25-2006, 05:17 PM
ukscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk
According to hockeypropectsonline.com the top 10 prospects are :
1. Steve Stamkos Markham
2. Michael Del Zotto Markham
3.Alex Pietrangelo Jr. Canadiens
4. Phil Mc Rae U . S. under 17
5. Cory Hodgson Markham
6. Greg Nemisz Clarington
7. A. J. Jenks Detroit
8. James Livingston York Simcoe
9 Mitch Gaulton Toronto Red Wings
10. Robbie Czarnik Detroit

Any insight on any of the the above or any other midget stars ?
Here the same as that list but rumblings are some are going to play the school card

Old
04-25-2006, 05:32 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
top 5 should be really good... rumours have it that McRae will only play OHL hockey if he's drafted by the knights... bad move considering the knights are gonna be in the basement for a few years recovering from their uncompareable last 2 seasons, thatst just how jr. hockey works, for a 1990 birthdate london isn't the best destination to win in... but thats what dan Fritsche said he'd only play for Saginaw or Plymouth, Sarnia drafted him and told him he can either report or go play in the USHL for 2 seasons then college, he shut up and played OHL hockey
Funny thing is that most nay sayers were saying that London mortgaged its future and would be in the basement THIS year.

Basil is a part owner in the team. He also knows that his son will get good instruction no matter how good the team is.

In the case of Fritsche, using your logic it was a waste for him to report to Sarnia since the team did so poorly.

It will be a gamble for teams to pick McRae.

Old
04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Kritty

I've never been a big fan of midget rankings. The top few players are pretty much can't miss types for the CHL, but after that it is really a crapshoot. There are all kinds of cases of late round picks and walk-ons turning into big time players. The rankings really mean little. Plus the fact that I wonder how far some of these scouts actually travel. Living in northern ontario, all I see on these rankings is the Thunder Bay Kings. Yes, a good program, but over the last 4-5 years, not very strong individual talent. There are 2 other midget AAA programs in the region and rarely do any of those players even make one of these scouting lists, but I can say for a fact having seen alot of the midget hockey in the area in the past number of years, there are players on both Kenora and the Superior Eagles that could play OHL hockey. I know players from the Great North League and from the southern Ontario leagues that get drafted, and I can say that the northern Ontario kids can compete with them. But for whatever reason, scouts don't care.

Old
04-26-2006, 07:57 AM
mississauga jim

I'll take issue with the fact that scouts don't care about the Northern Midget Leagues. If that were the case, and we have been burned, then Mike Richards ( who was drafted 4th overall in the 2001 draft by the Kitchener Rangers) Jean-Michel Riszk (5th overall to Saginaw) would never have been drafted so high. We were burned in the instance by the Riszk situation as he did play midget with his brother before Tier 2 in Sudbury and we were scouting him ( Jean Michel ) for at least two years before the OHL draft.
Mike Richards is the exception not the norm. Look at Pat Jarrett or Colt King who surely fooled all of us. Rico Fata was sensational as a young player(14,15 and 16 year old) but has had a marginal pro career.
Really what it gets down to is comparing the players in a combine like a prospects tournament or any other tournament where all the best get to play against one another. Years ago when Pat Jarrett went first overall to Mississauga it was more a case that Rick Nash or Richard Power would not go to Mississauga . That, if you will is in fact manipulating the draft I guess. Pat Jarrett was unfairly put in a situation where he indeed think he was the best player in the '84 draft. He was not of course and yes he had heart problems, but it did put him in an unfair posistion down the road in his career.

Old
04-27-2006, 09:56 PM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
I've never been a big fan of midget rankings. The top few players are pretty much can't miss types for the CHL, but after that it is really a crapshoot. There are all kinds of cases of late round picks and walk-ons turning into big time players. The rankings really mean little. Plus the fact that I wonder how far some of these scouts actually travel. Living in northern ontario, all I see on these rankings is the Thunder Bay Kings. Yes, a good program, but over the last 4-5 years, not very strong individual talent. There are 2 other midget AAA programs in the region and rarely do any of those players even make one of these scouting lists, but I can say for a fact having seen alot of the midget hockey in the area in the past number of years, there are players on both Kenora and the Superior Eagles that could play OHL hockey. I know players from the Great North League and from the southern Ontario leagues that get drafted, and I can say that the northern Ontario kids can compete with them. But for whatever reason, scouts don't care.
Kritty - I agree. There's kids out there that play in solid AAA programs as well as AA or even A that never get a second look because of the organization they play with. Unfortunately,that's one of the things that I think will never change in rep hockey. It's all about the business.

Old
05-03-2006, 03:47 AM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
In the case of Fritsche, using your logic it was a waste for him to report to Sarnia since the team did so poorly.
They won the West Division 2 years ago with Fritsche running the offense, problem was it was also during the time that Carcillo still played for Sarnia as well they were faveroites to go as far as the Western Conference Finals, but crashed and burned in the Quarter-Finals vs. Erie, they didn't really look like they wanted it and went out in 6 games, Josh Disher played amazing and Geoff Platt/Ryan O'Marra made alot of their name by dominating the Sting defence. 10 straight playoff appearances which ended in 04-05, but 7 straight first round exits in the playoffs, atleast now they can build a team like they had in the mid 90's that will hopefully make it even further than they did back then. Knights might not crash and burn if every year a top 5 prospect says he'll only play for london and will drop down to wheever they draft every year, then again no one could stop the Montreal Canadiens either back when they had the rights to any player from Quebec

Closed Thread