HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is our secondary scoring?

Old
04-27-2006, 02:31 PM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Where is our secondary scoring?

The Forsberg line has 6 of our 8 goals so far. Savage and Nedved have the other two. Where the hell are our other lines? Its just unacceptable that one line, and really just one man, should be carrying this team. The Flyers are supposed to be built on offensive depth, so why is no one else scoring?

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 02:38 PM
chthonic

wow i believe you have things entirely confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
The SABRES are supposed to be built on offensive depth

chthonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Teezax

If we want a chance in this series, our 2nd line scoring has got to be big in game 4 and 5, period.
Although I think Foppa's line can dictate game 4 as well since we have last change and Drury won't be near him.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 02:50 PM
MojoJojo

The Sabres have great depth, but still, every other player not on our top line is a minus for the series, with the exception of Brashear (Even after only 3 minutes of ice time), Pitkanen (Even), and Rathje (Even)

Old
04-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Mellifleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
If we want a chance in this series, our 2nd line scoring has got to be big in game 4 and 5, period.
Although I think Foppa's line can dictate game 4 as well since we have last change and Drury won't be near him.
I think Forsberg is entirely capable of carrying the team if necessary, especially if he is healthy and he is not being matched up against Drury.

But down the road the other lines need to get clicking...

Mellifleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 03:09 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOni
I think Forsberg is entirely capable of carrying the team if necessary, especially if he is healthy and he is not being matched up against Drury.

But down the road the other lines need to get clicking...
If Drury matching up against Forsberg is enough to shut him down, we are screwed because we will have to return to Buffalo (at least once, but probably twice) where Ruff gets to make the last change.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
If Drury matching up against Forsberg is enough to shut him down, we are screwed because we will have to return to Buffalo (at least once, but probably twice) where Ruff gets to make the last change.
exactly, i n Buffalo is where we'll need our other guys, but I refuse to believe that Drury can completely shut down Forsberg. The latter is finding his playoff touch, and hopefully it'll carry through the series.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
FlyersFanJS

young

our secondary scoring consists of Carter-Umberger-Dimitrakos, i'm worried they are just too young and inexperienced and i'm worried that they are getting gunshy in the big show

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
young

our secondary scoring consists of Carter-Umberger-Dimitrakos, i'm worried they are just too young and inexperienced and i'm worried that they are getting gunshy in the big show
I see the eye of the tiger in Carter, he does not have a hint of nerves on him, he's going to get one in game 4 and that will take the monkey off his back.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
I see the eye of the tiger in Carter, he does not have a hint of nerves on him, he's going to get one in game 4 and that will take the monkey off his back.
i think that line might need one goal...if they get a goal they might regain their confidence and continue where they left off in the regular season

Old
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Winston Wolf

Quite simply, we need something from Handzus, Kapanen, and to a lesser extent Nedved. We need these guys to put up some points in these tight games. Handzus' only point came off a fluke goal and Nedved's only point came in the blowout. Kapanen has played more than any other forward (much on the PK, I know) and he has yet to record a point. These three guys need to start creating some offense, it's 3 games into the series and Michal Handzus has yet to record a shot! I know the guy is playing injured, but it doesn't change the fact that this team needs some production from the above three to come back in this series.

Carter, Umberger, and Dimitrakos haven't seen near the amount of ice time that these guys have. We shouldn't be depending on rookies to completely shoulder the secondary scoring, anyways.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
sansan

We've been on the PK so much this series that the 2nd line doesn't get much ice time. The PK unit is eating up their minutes, that's why Handzus gets so much ice time. The key to getting the 2nd line going is to stop taking penalties and play more 5 on 5. The DUC line can't score from the bench.

Plus they're young. Hopefully the playoff butterflies will have subsided by Friday and they start finishing off some chances.

sansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Brown21

Nedved needs to step it up. A few years back we had the whole team step up, and it was always different players at different times. Preems was amazing the whole time, but in key situations certain players stepped up. For instance, Zhamov (sp), was great for the Devils series. Nedved steps it up a notch and stops making dumb plays we will win the next game. He has so much skill, he just needs to use it. Peter the great is great and needs to continue playing great. The young kids also have to start scoring again. I think if Nedved steps it up and Peter continues to be great everything else will fall into place this series

Brown21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

definitely need to have line 2 step up.
KEEP SHOOTING CARTER!!!
But the constant PK is making it seem worse than it is

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 06:28 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy
But the constant PK is making it seem worse than it is
never though of that, but the lack of ice time and flow could def be hurting that

Old
04-27-2006, 06:56 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Anybody notice Handzus doesn't have 1 shot on net yet?

Umberger - Carter - Dimitrakos aren't getting a chance IMO. They get **** for icetime because we've been taking dumb penalty after dumb penalty.

easton122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Sum1winachampionship

This has been my biggest concern as well. I think if they don't show something in game 4 you split them up for game 5. The Drury line has been suffocating the Forsberg line. Put Forsberg w/ RJ and Niko and let Carter work w/ Gagne and Knuble or some combination. That way Drury comes out for Forsberg you've got Gags and Carter against a weaker line together and they can fly.

Sum1winachampionship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Dr Love

It's been missing all season, I don't know why you're now wondering where it is. Various line combos have had stretches of sucess, but a half-way decent consistent secondary scoring line has eluded the Flyers all year.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1winachampionship
This has been my biggest concern as well. I think if they don't show something in game 4 you split them up for game 5. The Drury line has been suffocating the Forsberg line. Put Forsberg w/ RJ and Niko and let Carter work w/ Gagne and Knuble or some combination. That way Drury comes out for Forsberg you've got Gags and Carter against a weaker line together and they can fly.
not a bad idea - doubt Hitch would do that in the playoffs though. Any way to get Carter some more minutes seems like a good idea to me.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
It's been missing all season, I don't know why you're now wondering where it is. Various line combos have had stretches of sucess, but a half-way decent consistent secondary scoring line has eluded the Flyers all year.

It's why we didn't have a 2nd line until we got Niko freaken Dimitrakos

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:30 PM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

Just because Drury has shot down Forsberg in some game(s) doesn't meen that he can do it again, Every player have bad & good nights.. And if Forsberg has a good night.. then there's NO-ONE in the league that can stop him.

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 12:02 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2273
Goals from the D-men would help, too.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 12:25 AM
goodrev

well i know that we got no secondary scoring from the carter line because umberger is a huge part of that line, and if you recall they were probably the best line in the first game before the umberger hit, in the second game obviously he was out so they had an X-factor winger with carter and dimatrakos which i believe was savage, then last game they only had 10 mins of ice time, though it was well warranted with the play of forsberg and his line so our end of season best line has been non existent because of circumstances and injury. I am expecting carter to have a huge game real soon so we will see what happens

goodrev is offline   Reply With Quote