HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A landmark for Lundmark

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 12:06 AM
KING

vCash: 500
A landmark for Lundmark

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-118275c.html

Old
11-01-2003, 02:52 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Why do I get the feeling the game will start tonight and Jamie will be back on the 4th line with little ice time.....

Great news on Brian, welcome back!

Old
11-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Edge

more catch 22's blah blah blah

and when has sather ever touted lundmark? he almost seems resentful that the only TOP young player to make the roster during his tenure thus far was a Smith draftee.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Lundyfan

Way to reward a guy for having a great game. Put him on the 4th line once again with Moore, who in the one and only shift they saw, gave up the puck, fell down and missed his assignment. So what does Slats do? Simple, sit them on the bench for the rest of the period. Anyone care to bet Lundmark was the one who told Keefe to run as far away from the Rangers as he could get?

Old
11-01-2003, 03:52 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
Way to reward a guy for having a great game. Put him on the 4th line once again with Moore, who in the one and only shift they saw, gave up the puck, fell down and missed his assignment. So what does Slats do? Simple, sit them on the bench for the rest of the period. Anyone care to bet Lundmark was the one who told Keefe to run as far away from the Rangers as he could get?
I was thinking the same thing. He is having a great game tonight. He will be on the wolf pack tomorrow. He is sure making a fool out of sather which is just plain dumb you would think sather would be happy.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Edge

cmon guys you know this is a no win situation.

you do good sather thinks you made him look bad. do poorly and it feeds his ego as having "seen it" coming.

lundmark and moore get on the board and yet they'll be lucky to break double digits in minutes.

unreal.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:27 PM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
cmon guys you know this is a no win situation.

you do good sather thinks you made him look bad. do poorly and it feeds his ego as having "seen it" coming.

lundmark and moore get on the board and yet they'll be lucky to break double digits in minutes.

unreal.
Dominic Moore has 3 assists according to Yahoo and NHL scoresheets. And less than 7 minutes on ice so far. What more do these guys have to do ? Go coast-to-coast in every shift ?

Nice game so far by the kids, regardless of the crappy ice times.

Old
11-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Edge

Lundmark 2 goals, 2 assists 4 points and a plus 3 in the past two games.

Moore gets 3 assists in his first ever NHL game.

Combined they barely get 18 mins between them tonight.

So anyone else want to argue that "the kids havent shown anything and dont deserve the icetime"?

Face it, you can't argue on behalf of this teams policy.

Old
11-01-2003, 05:11 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Lundmark 2 goals, 2 assists 4 points and a plus 3 in the past two games.

Moore gets 3 assists in his first ever NHL game.

Combined they barely get 18 mins between them tonight.

So anyone else want to argue that "the kids havent shown anything and dont deserve the icetime"?

Face it, you can't argue on behalf of this teams policy.
you complain that they got little ice-time tonight since they are kids but if messier got 18 minutes of ice-time on the 4th line you would be screaming murder. they were on the 4th line!

anyway, how many minutes of the game were spent on special teams?

Old
11-01-2003, 05:43 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
you complain that they got little ice-time tonight since they are kids but if messier got 18 minutes of ice-time on the 4th line you would be screaming murder. they were on the 4th line!

anyway, how many minutes of the game were spent on special teams?
Are you ******'s twin?

First Poti is good defensively, then Sather has done well as a GM, now you justify a line playing just 10 minutes when they scored 3 goals and their center was the best player last game. Ahh, almost forgot, Malakhov and Mironov are actually good, so those who see the games and don't agree (everyone else) are either blind or stupid.

Old
11-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Edge

yeah but messier is one player, combined moore and lundmark got 18. Which means they averaged 9 mins.

You think mess will ever see the day when he gets 9 minutes? lol, not likely.

And the difference between messier and these two kids is night and day.

They have their whole careers ahead of them and are gonna be skating in the NHL long after messier has retired.

They aren't exactly Brad Smyth and Tony Tuzzalino, these kids are going to play in this league for a long time. Whether they are Rangers or not.

Guys like Rucinsky, Messier have a good game and it warrants them more icetime {no matter how bad they stunk or their turnovers, etc.}

Lundmark has a great game and gets 10 minutes tonight which he STILL produces in. Logically you'd expect him to get 17 minutes next game right? nope probably another 10.

We're not talking about two 18 year olds here, we're talking about a 22 and 23 year old. When are they finally gonna get some time here? At 25? 26?

Fact is this team is the ONLY team in the league that runs their team this way and the results speak for themselves.

These kids arent even given a chance on this team and even when they do produce it's not enough.

The got a little bit of PP time but it took a 5-1 score to give them that much.

And you're right i would be screaming bloody murder if Messier got 18 minutes a night as a 4th liner.

A. because their are three guys ahead of him who are better players at this point making a combined what? 20-25 million dollars?

B. Because at 42 we already know how this story is going to go. Messier is going to get tired and then overworked and then the sloppiness is going to show. Happens EVERY single year. When he is used properly he can be effective, but it's like a pitcher who goes with the same pitch one too many times. Eventually it's gonna cost you.

C. These kids have proven they belong in this league and yet their treated as afterthoughts. I am not even totally convinced that if this team makes it to the playoffs that it wouldnt be a one shot deal because they haven't developed their younger players well enough to step up entirely.

I mean how sad is it that this team is a laughing stock of the league? Heck one of the biggest in pro sports period. They havent made the playoffs since many of the posters on this board were in elementary school. They havent developed much of anyone, which says nothing about those few they have even being on this current roster. I read the Keefe article from a week ago and let me tell you, that's a prime example of why this team is a joke.

How much you wanna bet the younger player who told Sheldon to run far away was a younger member of this team and probably Lundmark.

Dube, Malhotra, Lundmark, the list goes on and on with this team and it's mentality.

You know what Moore and Lundmark better be getting some icetime because long after Messier finally gets a life away from hockey and Lindros is gone and half of this roster is as well, the ONLY two sure fire NHL forwards this team has at the moment are the two guys who put up 5 points between them. the others are either further away or haven't shown that they can play at this level yet.

Old
11-01-2003, 06:20 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Are you ******'s twin?

First Poti is good defensively, then Sather has done well as a GM, now you justify a line playing just 10 minutes when they scored 3 goals and their center was the best player last game. Ahh, almost forgot, Malakhov and Mironov are actually good, so those who see the games and don't agree (everyone else) are either blind or stupid.
poti is improving defensivly and hitting, something you guys wanted to see more of. now he does that and he isnt scoring enough.pfft.

sather has done well as a gm. he has rebuilt the farm system and increased the talent level on the varsity while making some very nice trades.

at least half the game was spent on special teams tonight. the top line needs icetime and whenever montreals top line went out holik went out there. messiers line is continuing their solid play(mostly simon) so they got there ice time. the 4th line got the rest. now they should see an increase in icetime tomorrow.

malakhov is playing solid after coming back from shoulder surgery. you cant just play top level after surgery so it took some time. mironov is playing solid as well. not spectacular but not crappy either. look at the numbers.

and i never said anyone that doesnt agree with what i say is stupid or blind. i may have said you are blind with some bias against certian players but no one else. so if you would like to combat my opinions please get your facts straight.

Old
11-02-2003, 02:38 AM
Lundyfan

I wonder what Sather's reasoning will be for not playing them today? Come on kids, keep playing like you are and he won't have a CHOICE.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:21 AM
TKLOOCH22

[QUOTE=Edge]How much you wanna bet the younger player who told Sheldon to run far away was a younger member of this team and probably Lundmark.
[QUOTE]

I totally missed this one. When did this happen? I'm not being sarcastic, I just cant believe I missed this. What article is it from?

Thanks

Old
11-02-2003, 04:36 AM
Lundyfan

[QUOTE=TKLOOCH22][QUOTE=Edge]How much you wanna bet the younger player who told Sheldon to run far away was a younger member of this team and probably Lundmark.
Quote:

I totally missed this one. When did this happen? I'm not being sarcastic, I just cant believe I missed this. What article is it from?

Thanks
Keefe's agent was quoted in the paper as saying an un-named Ranger told Keefe to get as far away from the Rangers as possible.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Edge

I'm not sure of the specific article title but if you go to rangers fan central and look up past headlines it's in there under i believe "Agent rips Rangers".

Now i am not a big fan of Keefe's agent but i think he said everything everyone has said about this team right now.

Closed Thread