Notices

Game 4: @ Colorado, 4/28

Old
04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Rotang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Tippett has impressed me with his coaching as well as his frankness during postgame interviews. Guys tells it how it is and doesn't single out players.

Guerin's a goner. This team doesn't need him anymore. I imagine that frees up some decent cap room to go after a strong RW free agent. Havlat perhaps?
I disagree, Tippett has been completely outcoached by Quenneville this series. Off the top of my head:
  • Scratching Daley in favor of Niinimaa, the whole team played bad in game 1 - why the hell did he only single him out? That's not the sort of thing you do to a young player who gives his all every game. I don't care if Niinimaa wasn't on the ice for any of the goals in the second game - he frequently is the cause of turnovers, makes poor decisions with the puck, plays with no desire, doesn't hit, and is essentially useless unless we have a powerplay - and even then he's expendable.
  • This one is most important in my eyes - one bad game, and Tippet completely dismantles what has worked for us ALL SEASON and breaks up our lines, and with it our chemistry. It also sends a very negative message to the team when he doesn't give them a chance to redeem themselves in game 2. He panic'd when he should have been the steady hand at the helm. It was simply a bad choice to change everything that made us succesful during the regular season for one bad game.
  • Is it just me, or is the Morrow-Arnott-Guerin line EXACTLY what this team needs against Colorado? A line that can power their way through tight checking and make the defensemen pay the price. So why at no point in the game did we see this experimented with? The new lines were so clearly not working, I'm shocked that he stuck with them. While I'm on this topic, Jokinen also looked pretty terrible with Arnott, and yet stayed with him the entire game.
  • Why the hell hasn't Guerin been utilized on the powerplay? I know alot of people here have extremely negative opinions about him, but he's exactly the kind of presence we need in front of the net, and has the best hands on the team.
  • Guerin has looked pretty damn good ever since coming back from his injury. Last game he was skating hard, hitting everything that moves, and creating chances for his linemates - who were unfortunately Ott and Svoboda. I guess this goes back to the MAG line being reunited, in my estimation Guerin has played his way out of the doghouse, and yet Tippett is keeping him there anyway.

Now, I'll be the first to praise Tippett on his great coaching during the majority of the regular season, and let's not forget that he was being discussed as a major candidate for the Jack Adams. However, that does not make him infallible and certainly doesnt absolve him from blame for his part in this post season disaster.

Rotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
shaner89

Guerin needs to play way more. hes with ott, like give him a break. thats poor coaching

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiggitystank
I disagree, Tippett has been completely outcoached by Quenneville this series. Off the top of my head:
  • Scratching Daley in favor of Niinimaa, the whole team played bad in game 1 - why the hell did he only single him out? That's not the sort of thing you do to a young player who gives his all every game. I don't care if Niinimaa wasn't on the ice for any of the goals in the second game - he frequently is the cause of turnovers, makes poor decisions with the puck, plays with no desire, doesn't hit, and is essentially useless unless we have a powerplay - and even then he's expendable.
  • This one is most important in my eyes - one bad game, and Tippet completely dismantles what has worked for us ALL SEASON and breaks up our lines, and with it our chemistry. It also sends a very negative message to the team when he doesn't give them a chance to redeem themselves in game 2. He panic'd when he should have been the steady hand at the helm. It was simply a bad choice to change everything that made us succesful during the regular season for one bad game.
  • Is it just me, or is the Morrow-Arnott-Guerin line EXACTLY what this team needs against Colorado? A line that can power their way through tight checking and make the defensemen pay the price. So why at no point in the game did we see this experimented with? The new lines were so clearly not working, I'm shocked that he stuck with them. While I'm on this topic, Jokinen also looked pretty terrible with Arnott, and yet stayed with him the entire game.
  • Why the hell hasn't Guerin been utilized on the powerplay? I know alot of people here have extremely negative opinions about him, but he's exactly the kind of presence we need in front of the net, and has the best hands on the team.
  • Guerin has looked pretty damn good ever since coming back from his injury. Last game he was skating hard, hitting everything that moves, and creating chances for his linemates - who were unfortunately Ott and Svoboda. I guess this goes back to the MAG line being reunited, in my estimation Guerin has played his way out of the doghouse, and yet Tippett is keeping him there anyway.

Now, I'll be the first to praise Tippett on his great coaching during the majority of the regular season, and let's not forget that he was being discussed as a major candidate for the Jack Adams. However, that does not make him infallible and certainly doesnt absolve him from blame for his part in this post season disaster.
Good points...I forgot Daley wasn't even in the series. I've heard enough venom from Oilers and Isles fans alike concerning Niinimaa...not sure why Tippett wouldn't go with Trevor.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Puck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiggitystank

Billy is still in the doghouse because he let clark skate right past him in game two making him wide open in the slot to tie the game up with under 2min left.

Puck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 12:23 AM
fcbarcelona

i can tell you that your anticipation of the season ending couldn't be more preliminary. i respect ur team too much for me to think the avs have this one in the bag.

fcbarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Again, you absolutely cannot blame Turco for the loss tonight, but it's time to start Hedberg, just to shake things up. Probably going to get swept anyways.
starting Hedberg would be throwing in the towel, and Turco will lose any confidence he has left.

Pure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
Well, we're off to a great start.

This looks very promising

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
_Ice

Great......

Avs 1-0

_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 09:25 PM
_Ice

HECK YEAH!

Lehtinen scores!

1-1

Old
04-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Computer problems early for me but Dallas and Colorado tied 1-1 early.

Lehtinen got the Stars goal after Avs went up early.

Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 09:38 PM
_Ice

Huh, Dallas is actually trying this time.

They are giving me some hope.

WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS GAME!!

Damn, a 3 on 1 and still no goal by Morrow.

Edit: End of 1st.

Last edited by _Ice: 04-28-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old
04-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

End of the 1st Period
Your Dallas Stars: 1
The Colorado Avalanche: 1

Old
04-28-2006, 09:47 PM
_Ice

Nice, The Stars outshot the Avs

11-10

We better be playing like this during the next 2 periods.. We better!!!

Old
04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
_Ice

Hagman!!!!
GOAL!!!

2 -1

Old
04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

THEY SCOREEEEEE!!

HAGMANNNNNNNNNNN!! HE SCORES!! YES YES YES!! THE STARS TAKE THE LEAD HOLY MOLY!! LESS THAN 4 MINUTES INTO THE 2ND PERIOD AND DALLAS! LEADS THIS GAME 2-1

Old
04-28-2006, 10:11 PM
_Ice

Dallas is fierce!
They aren't giving the Avs any chance.

Yes! I love this game! Why couldn't we play like this from the start?

GO STARS GO! Bring the Cup to Texas!

Old
04-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

THEY SCOREEEEEE!!

IT'S OUR BOUNCES TONIGHT BABY! Guerin shots...gets his rebound and bounces it off Theodore.. no an Av D-Man ITS A POWERPLAY GOAL! IT'S 3-1 DALLAS!

Old
04-28-2006, 10:37 PM
_Ice

Score!!

Old
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

End of the 2nd Period
Your Dallas Stars: 3
The Colorado Avalanche: 1

Old
04-28-2006, 10:42 PM
_Ice

If the Stars screw this one over again, then I'm freaking ditching this team. We need this win! We need hope!

Comon Dallas! Your my favourite team! Don't lose this one! If I lived in Dallas I would cheer like heck during those last games just for you guys to get some motivation.

Old
04-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Gravypan

For the love of all things Dean Evason, don't sit back in the third.

You got the two goal lead in the second by showing a greater committment to blocking shots than the Avs had to get those shots through. And your big forwards mauled the forecheck of the Avs.

I'd like more of the same in the third if you don't mind, guys.

Gravypan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 10:58 PM
_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravypan
For the love of all things Dean Evason, don't sit back in the third.

You got the two goal lead in the second by showing a greater committment to blocking shots than the Avs had to get those shots through. And your big forwards mauled the forecheck of the Avs.

I'd like more of the same in the third if you don't mind, guys.
I know man, they better not lay back on the 3rd like last time.
If they do, then god help them.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:14 PM
_Ice

Theo waked up in the 3rd.
Turco waked up just today.

The Stars are playing excellently tonight, same with Turco. They are giving the Avs no mercy, I guess the Stars were serious about taking back game 4.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:17 PM
The Kingslayer

ease up boys we want to make it to Texas in one peace.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Eksynyt Stars

Send a message via AIM to Eksynyt Stars Send a message via MSN to Eksynyt Stars
Different team, now we just have to get through the last two minutes. And for god's sake no bad penalties!!!

Eksynyt Stars is offline   Reply With Quote