HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Koivu's eye is damaged, we should knock Williams out "cleanly"!

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Beatnik

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced
Accidental or not, you have to be in control of your stick. I think 2-4 games would be appropriate. That was a dangerous play and could cause someone to lose the sight in his eye. Those types of actions, accidental or not need to be punished. That being said, knowing how soft the NHL has been on suspensions this year, I expect he won't be suspended at all.

As for Williams, what really pisses me off, is I have yet to here "I'm sorry, I hope Saku is going to be OK" or anything else from him quoted in the media. Ya this is the playoffs, and you don't want to give an inch, but in the end it is still a game. I know if i would have hit someone in the eye with my stick, I would offer up an apology. Be a man, apologize for your actions.
1- it would be really stupid to suspend an accidental high stick. If WIlliams deserve one, Komisarek, who made a high stick too, would deserve the same. it's just bad luck that it was on the eye.

2- It's an accident, apologize for what? Be sorry he missed his stick? Come on, hockey players NEVER apologize except in very serious and intentional moves ala Bertuzzi. Did Perezhougin apologized when he almost ended Primeau's career? No. Orpik did'nt even apologize for his hit on Cole.

Old
04-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
There was arguement though, that Briere waved the stick back at Leetch in reatliation. One of the guys guesting on the morning show on 990, might have been mcKenzie seemed to think he did. I don't know what I believe on that one.

I just saw the replay again and it was pretty damn careless, it's not like he came anywhere near Koivu's stick, kind of an odd action. I don't see any action coming from this though.
Makes sense. If the argument was that Briere did it intentionally, then Williams will likely not get suspended. I saw the Briere high stick replay a while back and it looked accidental to me, but I guess it's the league's interpretation that counts.

I actually didn't see the Williams/Koivu replay though because I was at the game. I assumed that was accidental based on what everyone else was saying.

I guess we'll see by the end of the day if the league will do anything. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Old
04-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Istvan

Quote:
There was arguement though, that Briere waved the stick back at Leetch in reatliation. One of the guys guesting on the morning show on 990, might have been mcKenzie seemed to think he did. I don't know what I believe on that one.

I just saw the replay again and it was pretty damn careless, it's not like he came anywhere near Koivu's stick, kind of an odd action. I don't see any action coming from this though.
Williams' stick came nowhere near Koivu's stick or the puck or anything other than Koivu's face.

Old
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
Williams' stick came nowhere near Koivu's stick or the puck or anything other than Koivu's face.

Ah, come on, he was a couple of inches away.

Old
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Wisent

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs-stars2006
The canadians need to take matters into their own hand at times. During the season if someone attacked huet, Komi or Sourray would go after him. I think it was Komi that went straight after the guy during a season game and puimmeled him to the ground. The canadians then killed the penallty. If the refs are blind, then we gotta protect our captain. Komi or someone big should have gone straight after the guy and crushed him. 'an eye for an eye'. I think we would have killed the penalty that would have resulted. We lost anyways, but we also lost our pride. We cant protect our captain.
Is there some sort of war going on? I wasn`t aware of that.

Old
04-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
Ah, come on, he was a couple of inches away.
from what?

Old
04-27-2006, 03:01 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I originally thought he was trying to lift the stick, maybe he reflexively was but was nowhere near SK's stick, hard to say. Maybe it was just an attempt to interfere, I don't believe it was even a slash, but really Ihave no idea.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent
Is there some sort of war going on? I wasn`t aware of that.
Damn, I hate when I get left out of the loop. Protect our Captain ? Aragorn making speeches again ?

Old
04-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Beatnik

Quote:
from what?
from his stick, Saku was also moving in the opposite direction.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Wisent

Quote:
Damn, I hate when I get left out of the loop. Protect our Captain ? Aragorn making speeches again ?

Old
04-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Beakermania*

Now we get revenge by winning this series.

We can talk about anything else we wanna do to Williams next year when calmer heads prevail.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Now we get revenge by winning this series.

We can talk about anything else we wanna do to Williams next year when calmer heads prevail.
I agree. Now is not the time.

Beating them Friday will hurt them far more than getting penalties.

Old
04-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
i think Williams has class...

He admited he should have been penalised and he also got Saku's number from Mark Recchi and left him a message saying sorry and hopes he recovers.

not many guys would do that

source: RDS.ca

Old
04-27-2006, 05:57 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

some of you are just classless. It had to be said. It was an accidental high stick, and you want him taken out of the game? Just pathetic. High sticks are a part of the game, unfortunately.

Old
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
some of you are just classless. It had to be said. It was an accidental high stick, and you want him taken out of the game? Just pathetic. High sticks are a part of the game, unfortunately.
I kinda agree with your thoughts after all seeing that Williams was kinda sorry and all, but you're totally wrong saying that high sticks are part of the game. It should not and should be penalized more severly. I say 5 minutes major for any high sticks, blood or no blood and one game suspension for a second infraction in the season. You have to control your damn stick in the game.

Old
04-27-2006, 06:24 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96

He admited he should have been penalised and he also got Saku's number from Mark Recchi and left him a message saying sorry and hopes he recovers.

That's good to hear.

Old
04-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Clumsyhab

Didn't Hossa refuse to apologize Berard few years ago when he high sticks him in the eye?

Old
04-27-2006, 06:27 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
Agreed.

Old
04-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Didn't Hossa refuse to apologize Berard few years ago when he high sticks him in the eye?
It's not a penalty if you high-stick a guy on the follow-through of a shot, which is what happened in that case.

It's a sad incident, but Hossa has nothing to apologize for.

Old
04-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Capitano

Quote:

Ya he's sorry

If he's REALLY sorry he should score 2 in his own net on friday, THEN I'll forgive him.

Cap

Old
04-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Ya he's sorry

If he's REALLY sorry he should score 2 in his own net on friday, THEN I'll forgive him.

Cap

lol, that would be nice, i think we would all forgive him if that was the case.

Old
04-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
lol, that would be nice, i think we would all forgive him if that was the case.
I wouldn't. 2 own goals on friday and another 2 on sunday and i'll start to think about that.

Old
04-27-2006, 07:13 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
It's not a penalty if you high-stick a guy on the follow-through of a shot, which is what happened in that case.

It's a sad incident, but Hossa has nothing to apologize for.
um, yeah it is, a high stick is a high stick no matter what. You always have to be in control of your stick. Intent does not matter at all.

Old
04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
5 man unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
um, yeah it is, a high stick is a high stick no matter what. You always have to be in control of your stick. Intent does not matter at all.
Sorry Sonny. If you high stick someone on the follow through of a shot, it is not a penalty.

Old
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
I know that sounds vicious, but I would do it if I was playing for the Habs. I'm not saying with a cheap shot, but if he was in a corner or has his head down, I hope Souray, Rivet or Komi would put a little bit of extra and hits him the hardest they could. I know, the high stick was not intentional but he is responsible with his stick. It's like a drunk driver that hits someone on the street. Anyways, I'm going to sleep and when I wake up, I'm hoping that RDS would have this on their frontpage: "Plus de peur que de mal pour Saku"!
As a Canadiens fan, I'm embarassed to read things like this.

Even if it was intentional, which it clearly and obviously wasn't, the Canadiens are a classy organization and would never stoop as low as putting a bounty on a player or ever trying to deliberately injure someone.

Leave that for the Bertuzzi's of the world.

It wasn't so long ago that one of our own, swung a stick viciously trying to slash someone's leg only to have the player fall down and take that stick in the face instead.

Closed Thread