HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Fans treatment at the Flyers game

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
bioman85*

vCash: 500
Sabres Fans treatment at the Flyers game

"He loves the smack-talking with other team's fans - loves chanting a Leafs fans when they come into the Bank & has always been OK with the heckling he gets at other arenas, but last night was the worst game he's ever been to.

Was immediately picked up by a local TV camera when he got into the building & the local producers encouraged the Flyers fans to smack talk with him - that was fine, all in good fun.

As soon as the TV camera was off the fans started threatening him, etc. When he went to his seat, fans threw stuff at him. Highlight of the night was before the game getting near the bench; Kotalik caught sight of him & gave him a thumbs-up.

When he stood & cheered the first goal, he got hit with a beer in the back of the head. Laughed it off & said, "Thanks for the free beer." Security came up to check & make sure he & his buddy were OK - said they'd be keeping an eye on them for the rest of the game to make sure no one gave them any trouble. (He underscored the fact that the staff at the arena were awesome.)

He says the booing & chanting when Dumont went down were pretty bad; not just a handful of fans. People were yelling "That's for Umberger" & whatnot at him.

When he stood & cheered the second goal, he got hit with a bunch of beers. Security guard went with them when they were leaving to make sure there wouldn't be any trouble. Said he's ashamed, but when security left them in the parking lot he & his buddy took off their sweaters because the way the crowd had been in the arena, they were anxious for their safety.

That's about it, in a nutshell."

Old
04-27-2006, 03:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
link?

Old
04-27-2006, 03:56 PM
2x4*

It was on the radio.

If the station puts it online, ill send a link.

I made a post about it in the eastern conf board.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:56 PM
bioman85*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
link?
Err it was from the Sabres board...someone wrote in to a Buffalo radio station which read it on the air.

Old
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
FlyersFanJS

that's pretty bad, but do you really think that doesn't happen in other arenas as well?

Old
04-27-2006, 04:00 PM
bioman85*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
that's pretty bad, but do you really think that doesn't happen in other arenas as well?
Yea I honestly couldn't care less unless someone got injured. You know what you're in store for when you come here, ya know?

Old
04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
2x4*

From all of the games I have went to, I havnt witnessed sabres ans throwing stuff at other people.

Yes there is that one guy and his buddies at every game for every team, but for the most part I dont see it.

I have had beer thrown at me by a philly fan IN MY OWN BUILDING.
I didnt say anything, it was death from above (or behind rather) I just happened to be the one to get hit. My mother and I got the majority of the splash, and peolpe around us got a little, but not nearly as much as we did.

Not saying everyone does it, but actualy now thinking about that time, which I forgot about, I am not suprised.

Old
04-27-2006, 04:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
all cities have an element of bad fans

either way, this thread can't go anywhere but up in flames. Let's stick to the things that matter on these boards

Closed Thread