HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From TSN: Oilers-Kings talking MC

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
From TSN: Oilers-Kings talking MC

Don't know how serious the talks are. I hope K.lo for settle for crap. After waiting this long for a trade (or any action of the Comrie front for that matter), I hope it's something to help the team now.

Any thoughts/wish list?

Old
11-01-2003, 01:56 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Don't know how serious the talks are. I hope K.lo for settle for crap. After waiting this long for a trade (or any action of the Comrie front for that matter), I hope it's something to help the team now.

Any thoughts/wish list?
Frolov, Dustin Brown, Grebenshov

Old
11-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Oi'll say!

I would be surprised to see Lowe make a deal with the Kings, Comrie could haunt us for the next 15 years if Lowe isn't careful.

Then again, are any of these guys mentioned as possible trade bait?

fwds:
Frolov
Aulin
Tambellini
Brown

d-men:
Vishnovsky (27 yrs old)
Grebeshkov
Gleason

Geez, the Kings really cleaned house at the last draft. Tambellini and Brown are both looking really good early this year.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:05 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I'd like to add Cammalleri to the list of names.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:07 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
Do we really need another runt down the middle? Sure he might be a decent player down the road but the Oilers need size at Centre.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:20 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
Do we really need another runt down the middle? Sure he might be a decent player down the road but the Oilers need size at Centre.
What team will give up a big center for a small center? We may have to settle for a big winger and keep Smyth and York in the middle. Or a d-man.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:32 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Frolov, Dustin Brown, Grebeshkov
Agreed. Those are the only guys of interest from my standpoint. We dont need anymore 3rd/4th liners or midgets unless their really talented (especially if it's a trade to a western team).

Old
11-01-2003, 02:41 PM
edmontonoilers89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
I'm not saying you're reasoning isn't logical or incorrect, but just judging from some recent draft years, it seems that the Oilers are taking players just because they are big and not because of their skill level. Saying that you shouldn't take a player because he is small is not really a fair suggestion, as Mike Comrie, as much as some people hate him, did end up as a fairly good player.

I always thought you take a player in the draft, or aquire a player through a trade because of their skill level, and not because of their size.

Of course, when talking about a 4th liner which your team aquires for more toughness, that logic goes down the drain.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:45 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin

Any thoughts/wish list?
Here's the link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=59126

Says the Oil don't wanna deal with a Western rival. I also happen to think the Kings don't have/won't give up the kind of return required if this is indeed necessary.

Old
11-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
Cammelleri is out with yet another concussion. This kid is going to have a short career at this rate.

Old
11-01-2003, 06:50 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Lafleur
I think MC is going to Atlanta for Stefan and the kid Brayden Coburn outta Portland Winter Chickens..Coburn is a monster ..Oiler fans will love him .
man i hope you're right. if the oilers have to settle for L.A.'s garbage i'll be pretty angry.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:26 PM
hunter orange

Wouldn't mind seeing:

Frolov, Gleason ---------- for ---------- Comrie, Rita/ Chimera

Oil lines:

Frolov Smyth Hemsky
Torres York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Isbister Horcoff Laraque

Brewer Semenov
Smith Gleason
Staois Bergeron

...Beauty!

Old
11-01-2003, 08:38 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
Wouldn't mind seeing:

Frolov, Gleason ---------- for ---------- Comrie, Rita/ Chimera

Oil lines:

Frolov Smyth Hemsky
Torres York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Isbister Horcoff Laraque

Brewer Semenov
Smith Gleason
Staois Bergeron

...Beauty!
that i would be happy with but i doubt any team will give up that type of quality for crybaby and over-rita-ed or chumpmera...

Old
11-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
that i would be happy with but i doubt any team will give up that type of quality for crybaby and over-rita-ed or chumpmera...
One of Grebeshkov or Gleason would HAVE to be coming to Edmonton. I would think Grebeshkov and an NHL forward would be involved.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:14 PM
hockeyaddict101

From tonights Satelite hotstove

The Oilers really do not want to trade Comrie. They are hoping they can still sign him.

Also all they are being offered are players that teams are trying to get rid of.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:18 PM
dem

Any deal that leaves Ryan Smyth at center is unacceptable, imo.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:20 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
The Oilers really do not want to trade Comrie. They are hoping they can still sign him.

Also all they are being offered are players that teams are trying to get rid of.
I dunno, I'd like to think this is the case, but I think KLowe would be acting in a much different fashion if it were. It really has begun to appear to me that he has given Comrie the impression he doesn't want him back, or maybe that's Winter's doing, he was at the Thursday game BTW, not sure if that means anything, saw him heading down to the club area afterwards.

Money is also a lot bigger issue then we're being led to believe here IMO from reading the little tidbits that we actually do get, as well as the posturing.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44

THE LATEST ON MIKE COMRIE.

ESPN.COM: Jim Kelley reports of speculation the Atlanta Thrashers were
offering up 1999 first overall draft pick Patrik Stefan to the Edmonton Oilers for
holdout centre Mike Comrie but the Oilers aren't interested. Kelley also reports
of rumours the Buffalo Sabres were offering up centre Tim Connolly but Sabres
GM Darcy Regier denies he's interested in Comrie. The Oilers apparently want
either a top six forward or a top three defenceman.

Spector's Note: No way Kevin Lowe would take Stefan or Connolly unless they
were throw-ins for Comrie. Unlike those two, Comrie has proven he can produce!!

I cant agree more. The Oiler HAVE to get a quality proven player in this deal. The best player I've read about in any Comrie deal is COMRIE. That is just the rest of the league trying to pick our pocket. I hope Lowe has his rose colored glasses off when he pulls the trigger on this deal. We dont need LA's through aways and huge potential prospects. This is Hockeys future and the Oilers need to ensure their future success with a smart deal. Not picks and prospects for our #1 center.

Old
11-02-2003, 09:09 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

offering up 1999 first overall draft pick Patrik Stefan to the Edmonton Oilers for
holdout centre Mike Comrie but the Oilers aren't interested. Kelley also reports

I cant agree more. The Oiler HAVE to get a quality proven player in this deal. The best player I've read about in any Comrie deal is COMRIE. That is just the rest of the league trying to pick our pocket. I hope Lowe has his rose colored glasses off when he pulls the trigger on this deal. We dont need LA's through aways and huge potential prospects. This is Hockeys future and the Oilers need to ensure their future success with a smart deal. Not picks and prospects for our #1 center.

Good post.

I agree 100%. Stefan would be a great player for the Oilers but they would need to give up something else.

I am convinced that the earliest Lowe deals Comrie is the trade deadline and if that doesnt happen he will sit all year.

Old
11-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Yanner39

I was thinking...The Oilers are starting a 6 game road. I they were going to trade Comrie, now may be a good time. I mean, less pressure on the new player(s) since they don't have to perform in front of the home town crowd, a chance to bond with their new teamates on the road.

Just a thought. Man, can't wait to put this Comrie thing to rest.

Old
11-02-2003, 10:17 AM
baxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

Very good post Obsessed. Hopefully Lowe shares this opinion and realizes that the team needs to start thinking about the here and now, we have been thinking about the future for so long with this team, trades always made for prospects etc. Every year we still end up in the same spot fighting to wrap up a play off spot and bowing out in the first round, Lowe needs to stick with the team he has and add to it for this season. I want the team that I pay to watch to win now, not three years from now. We have a ton of potential in the farm and Junior so it cant be argued that we are sellling the future for the present. Lowe needs to trade Comrie for a proven player and quit being a farm team to the bigger teams.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:02 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Cammelleri is out with yet another concussion. This kid is going to have a short career at this rate.
Squid is not out with a concussion... that was last year. He had a sprained knee during the preseason, but now is back with the team and has played in the last 2 games.

Btw, I'd be hesitant if I were the Kings to let go of either Gleason or Grebeshkov. I really like those two and I think they are going to be future All-Stars... especially Gleason. Gleason has been very surprising... he's certainly surpassed my expectations for a rookie d-man. I'd also be hesitant to get rid of Brown... I like that kid and he's got a great future ahead of him.

Old
11-02-2003, 12:12 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Squid is not out with a concussion... that was last year. He had a sprained knee during the preseason, but now is back with the team and has played in the last 2 games.
Squid

Old
11-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Asiaoil

There really isn't anything much we could use from LA so a deal there is pretty unlikely IMO. Frolov - like we need another LW on this team and don't forget we have Rita and Miknov as first rounders who could contribute soon. Gleason - not worth Comrie. Grebeskov - see Gleason.

My favorite deals are still Comrie and Rita for Coburn and Stefan (we deal with our need for a center and young dman in one package) or a straight Comrie for Blackburn deal (Salo's days as an Oiler are obviously drawing to a close). Either of those deals do more for us then anything LA could be expected to put together.

Old
11-02-2003, 01:38 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20

Btw, I'd be hesitant if I were the Kings to let go of either Gleason or Grebeshkov. I really like those two and I think they are going to be future All-Stars... especially Gleason. Gleason has been very surprising... he's certainly surpassed my expectations for a rookie d-man. I'd also be hesitant to get rid of Brown... I like that kid and he's got a great future ahead of him.
Teams are always iffy about giving up good young kids, and 80% of the time orig. expectations aren't what you get (to the good or the bad). From what I gather, I think the Kings have made a good offer but Lowe is waiting to see if he can possibly get that good return from a team in the east.

Closed Thread