HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Where did the montreal canadiens go?

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Where did the montreal canadiens go?

Remember before the Steve Begin injury? When we played with grit, and heart. Everyone seemed to be a team. What has happened since then? I hope to god Steve will be back for next game, maybe then we'll have 2 forwards who give 110% every night and actually want to win games.

Old
04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
KaptainKourage*

Meeh.. We start our hot hot streak right after the bégin injury.. i dont say we dont need him but that shouldnt be an ''excuse''

Old
04-28-2006, 09:24 PM
ToNedOuT

KOIVU!!!!! Missing him is what's wrong...I don't think it's that hard to see...we've looked completely anemic ever since he's been out. 3rd period of game three flat...today's flat...higgins/ryder flat.

Old
04-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
Meeh.. We start our hot hot streak right after the bégin injury.. i dont say we dont need him but that shouldnt be an ''excuse''
Steve only missed 5 games at the end of the season.

Old
04-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToNedOuT
KOIVU!!!!! Missing him is what's wrong...I don't think it's that hard to see...we've looked completely anemic ever since he's been out. 3rd period of game three flat...today's flat...higgins/ryder flat.
you mean, our hot hot streak ended the night Begin got hurt

Old
04-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToNedOuT
Obviously missing Koivu is going to hurt, but Begin is more important than anyone on the current roster. Bonk on the first line is just laughable. Hopefully the Bonk believers have tamed down.

Old
04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
David

So disappointed in so many guys on CH tonight. Played like little girls...

Old
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
digitalmonkey*

Koivu is the heart of the Habs. They were deflated when they lost him and game 3 and will have great difficulty recovering.

Begin is not the answer.

Old
04-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
Koivu is the heart of the Habs. They were deflated when they lost him and game 3 and will have great difficulty recovering.

Begin is not the answer.
They looked good to me in the last 2 periods. First line was bad. Having Begin back will be huge. Not a bad thing to have a 4th line that gives 'er.

Old
04-28-2006, 10:20 PM
MissCanuck

Playing 7 d-men worked real swell. Streit barely saw the ice. Neither did Sundstrom. The Bonk experiment on the 1st line tanked ***. If Begin's ready for Sunday, take out both Streit and Sunny and add in Kostitsyn. Offense, please. Young spark, please.

Old
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
the hot streak ended the game he got hurt

Old
04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey

Begin is not the answer.
The answer is simple. CH has to want to win more and not get bogged down by the Koivu incident.

Old
04-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCanuck
Playing 7 d-men worked real swell. Streit barely saw the ice. Neither did Sundstrom. The Bonk experiment on the 1st line tanked ***. If Begin's ready for Sunday, take out both Streit and Sunny and add in Kostitsyn. Offense, please. Young spark, please.
I don't know. This new Carolina defensive scheme makes me think Downey or Lapierre would be more valuable. Someone to soften up that Carolina D, get in front of the net and whack at rebounds off of point-shots.

I might be wrong.

I wouldn't mind Kostitsyn either. I'd like to see how he does. Carolina's defense is weak, so perhaps he could have some success with his natural ability.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:30 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I don't know. This new Carolina defensive scheme makes me think Downey or Lapierre would be more valuable. Someone to soften up that Carolina D, get in front of the net and whack at rebounds off of point-shots.

I might be wrong.

I wouldn't mind Kostitsyn either. I'd like to see how he does. Carolina's defense is weak, so perhaps he could have some success with his natural ability.
I agree. I think Sundstrom and Streit should sit in favour of some combination of Lapierre, Ferland, Downey and Begin. The Habs really need some players who are willing to get in Cam Ward's space. Hopefully the work of a grinding line could rub off on some of the more reluctant forwards. If this perimeter play keeps up it will be over pretty quick. Also it wouldn't hurt to have some players willing to mix it up after the play. This series has been far too polite so far. A little animosity between the teams would hopefully ratchet up the intensity level of the Habs.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Madevilz

Take out Sundstrom, put back Downey. Give that Williams kid a lesson for chris sake.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:34 PM
ShuttFan

erm, you meant to say for saku sake.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I don't know. This new Carolina defensive scheme makes me think Downey or Lapierre would be more valuable. I wouldn't mind Kostitsyn either. I'd like to see how he does. Carolina's defense is weak, so perhaps he could have some success with his natural ability.
I think that as a rookie a role player like Lapierre could have a tougher time to adapt and be more enclined to take penalties because he would want to do too much.

What we need is a sniper who can shake Ward's confidence, give some extra munitions to the Habs and some questions to Laviolette....The only thing we can ask to Kosty is to create good chances, win his 1 on 1 and....score if you can. I believe what we can ask of Lappy could be too much in that environnement. Play well defensively, great forechecking, in your face type of game, a little offense wouldn't hurt.....Don't get me wrong I love Lapierre, he'll be tremendous for us, I wouldn't even mind if Gainey goes with him, but we need more Kosty sniper attributes.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
Take out Sundstrom, put back Downey. Give that Williams kid a lesson for chris sake.
I doubt that's what Saku wants.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:42 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreVX
I doubt that's what Saku wants.
I'm sure that Koivu doesn't want anyone to do anything stupid, but maybe the Habs need something to rally around right now. If Downey went after Williams or even just got in his face maybe the Habs would get a spark from it and start playing better.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Habsurd

The Habs need a spark in a big way. Hopefully Begin can play next game; at least he can bring some badly needed energy!

In the biggest game of the season to date........Habs were FLAT ??????!! Now granted, they were due for an off-game but for the life of me, at least play w some intensity and drive!

Certainly they miss Koivu but that is no excuse to play w/out any fire in a game that could have won the series for them,basically. Sorry to say this, but now their chances are...

Old
04-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Madevilz

Bonk looked out of place in the 1st line... he sure sucked out the energy that line had.

Old
04-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Habsurd

I've had little time to read lately, but I thought I saw somewhere that BG was going to play Hggins at center. Any explanations out there...as to why Bonk and not Higgs at center??

Old
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
Bonk looked out of place in the 1st line... he sure sucked out the energy that line had.
you have a lazy sack in Ryder and a streaky scorer in Higgins, its not even Bonks fault, he was never a first line center, BG should of shuffled the lines at least after the 2nd period when he saw that line had no chemistry. i honestly blam BG for this loss, and the refs of course did there part.

Old
04-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Rayne*

Bulis can play centre, I would've put him (or Higgins) as the #1 centre, and put Kostitsyn in his spot.

Old
04-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I want Begin in the line-up. I'd also like to see what Kostitsyn could do on a scoring line.

Closed Thread