HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Disgusting (merged)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2006, 02:07 AM
  #1
LiquidClown
Registered User
 
LiquidClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Huntsville, Al
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Disgusting

Alright I'll admit finally that OZO has been completely attrocious, however watching the game tonight made me sick.....being booed by your own fans in the first playoff game in almost 9 calendar years........ Yeah way to make a guy feel better and play better.

Look first of all props to the NYR fans for actually know what's going on.......there some teams that dont' know their own players...but seriously booing your own player during the first playoff game in almost 9 years? How does that make him play better? How does it motivate him? Everytime he touched the puck he was quick to get rid of it.......... in fact Sykora was the person to look at in tonights game.......he placed the puck (in a wide open net) on the post and then after a SWEET give and go with OZO hit the post......

So what I'm getting at is that I'll admit now I really honestly and truely thought Ozo would really help out during the playoffs and come up big (I still do think he would have if we would have had the full team), but he's stunk it up completely since coming abroad, but seriously it's not just Ozo that's too blame for not taking this series.....I can point from anything from injuries to Renney to Colton Orr to even Hollwegg.....give me a reason and I can probably make a case for the Rangers losing for any one single reason....but that's not it.....the whole team hasn't played well and we're completely banged up.....give the Rags a break guys, stop booing.....it's almost as lame as the Devils ripoff "Rangers suck"......I was embarrassed to be a Rags fan tonight and not because they lost....

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 02:12 AM
  #2
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,706
vCash: 500
I didn't quite understand the booing myself. Right now is the not time to get one of our guys--who seemingly won't be benched--gun shy and afraid.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 05:26 AM
  #3
mikesect424
Registered User
 
mikesect424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Long Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
I'm not saying ozone is the reason we're down 3-0, but he has single handedly put us in the position of having to battle back in each game, which is damn near impossible against the debbies. they're too good defensively, and we can't buy a goal. Staal should be in the lineup for game four.

mikesect424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 05:48 AM
  #4
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
well, when 1 minute in the game you bobble the puck on the blueline, then fail to get back to catch the guy, yeah, your gonna hear about it.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 07:01 AM
  #5
rangerjoe
Registered User
 
rangerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=LiquidClown]Look first of all props to the NYR fans for actually know what's going on.......there some teams that dont' know their own players...but seriously booing your own player during the first playoff game in almost 9 years? How does that make him play better? How does it motivate him?

I'll tell you how it motivates him - it helps wake him the F up and realize that Rangers fans at MSG aren't going to tolerate BS...do I need to remind you of the BS we've had to put up with for 8 years, the lack of effort and team play?

I think every player to put the blue on needs to understand what's going on here. We as an organization are trying to turn things around and move in the right direction, not revert back to the Quintal-eqsue play that we saw from so many useless players over the last 7 seasons.

There is no room for anything but hard work. I've said it for years, I want to have the hardest working, most dedicated team in the league, year after year. Year #1 was a good start, but we have no room for guys who jeopardize that gameplan.

As for Ozolinsh, he's been mediocre at best since coming on board.

Hope that answers your questions.

RangerJoe

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 07:05 AM
  #6
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod
 
FATCHAMALA11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
It was the only entertainment I got out of last night..

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 07:16 AM
  #7
Vodka Drunkenski
Registered User
 
Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Here in NY you have to earn the crowd's respect. He has done the complete opposite. I'm just wondering if the boo'ing should've been towards Renney instead for actually dressing him over Pock. I know Pock is practically the same type of player but at least he'll be hustling and playing with a ton of heart.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 07:43 AM
  #8
Diehardfan419
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Alright I'll admit finally that OZO has been completely attrocious, however watching the game tonight made me sick.....being booed by your own fans in the first playoff game in almost 9 calendar years........ Yeah way to make a guy feel better and play better.

Look first of all props to the NYR fans for actually know what's going on.......there some teams that dont' know their own players...but seriously booing your own player during the first playoff game in almost 9 years? How does that make him play better? How does it motivate him? Everytime he touched the puck he was quick to get rid of it.......... in fact Sykora was the person to look at in tonights game.......he placed the puck (in a wide open net) on the post and then after a SWEET give and go with OZO hit the post......

So what I'm getting at is that I'll admit now I really honestly and truely thought Ozo would really help out during the playoffs and come up big (I still do think he would have if we would have had the full team), but he's stunk it up completely since coming abroad, but seriously it's not just Ozo that's too blame for not taking this series.....I can point from anything from injuries to Renney to Colton Orr to even Hollwegg.....give me a reason and I can probably make a case for the Rangers losing for any one single reason....but that's not it.....the whole team hasn't played well and we're completely banged up.....give the Rags a break guys, stop booing.....it's almost as lame as the Devils ripoff "Rangers suck"......I was embarrassed to be a Rags fan tonight and not because they lost....
RU kidding me with this? Bozo is directly responsible for 7 of the Devils 13 goals. Spare me that we shouldnt bo the guy. 68 seconds into the game? Please. After the garbage we have had to endure the past 9 years, I have no problem with getting on Bozo. Other than that, the garden crowd was great last night. Really enjoyed the atmosphere.

And I love how u had to throw Colton orr's name into a negative post, yet again. I would lovew to see how any of this is his fault. Man, some of u just dont like tough guys. HES 23 and hasnt done anything to cost his team a goal in the 1 game he played! Unlike Bozo.

Go watch figure skating or go to the opera if u dont like rabid fans. We have earned the right to boo anybody. And BTW, there wasnt any booing AT ALL until Bozo messed up. The crowd was amazing!

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:18 AM
  #9
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
I Renney actually considers sitting Ozo because of how venomous the crowd is towards him, then the fans acheived their goal. He kept Weekes away from the home crowd whenever he could, didn't he?

I can only imagine that, booing or no nooing, Ozo is sitting anyway.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:22 AM
  #10
GUYMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Booing Ozo

I'm not a booer in general - I prefer four letter words (kidding). But I'm not going to blame fans who pay alot of green from booing now and then. The guy has played like crap. Certainly is not the only one who deserves a few boos.

GUYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:23 AM
  #11
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419
go to the opera if u dont like rabid fans.
You may know you hockey, but you don't know **** about the opera if you don't think there's booing.

Agree with LiquidClown. Of course fans have te right to boo, but I thought it started the first time he touched the puck, not after the turnover. Seems counter-productive to me.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:46 AM
  #12
GothamRanger
Registered User
 
GothamRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYMAN
I'm not a booer in general - I prefer four letter words (kidding). But I'm not going to blame fans who pay alot of green from booing now and then. The guy has played like crap. Certainly is not the only one who deserves a few boos.
The man deserves to be booed, unlike Poti or Weekes.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:50 AM
  #13
Diehardfan419
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
You may know you hockey, but you don't know **** about the opera if you don't think there's booing.

Agree with LiquidClown. Of course fans have te right to boo, but I thought it started the first time he touched the puck, not after the turnover. Seems counter-productive to me.
Touche. Never been to the opera. Let me reprahse......GO To a Devil home game if he doesnt like knowleadgeable and passionate fans.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:56 AM
  #14
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
i love this arguement that the fans who boo are to blame...in case you missed it he played like a sack of crap long before the booing started. the booing didn't make him lose his confidence and play bad. he was worthless when we got him, played like a worthless player in every game and THEN he was booed.

and if the booing sends the message to the team to make sure they get this clown off the team for next year then its the best thing the fans have done in years...

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:08 AM
  #15
GraveyTrain09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Sykora was the person to look at in tonights game.......he placed the puck (in a wide open net) on the post and then after a SWEET give and go with OZO hit the post......
So you wont boo ozo, but you'll slander sykora for putting himself in the right position?

You can't blame a player for hitting a post.period.

GraveyTrain09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:19 AM
  #16
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
My opinion is still this:

He's been used COMPLETELY wrong for the most part and pairing him with Poti is an awful decision. I think that Ozo would be immensely effective if he was paired with anyone who has some defensive instinct in them.

Pair Ozo with Kaspar and you have a very effective pairing.

Boo Renney for his misuse of Ozo all you want, but I still don't think you should be booing him for ALL of this. Yes, he has a bad play every now and then, but the guy creates chances for his team most times he's on the ice except, right now, who on the team can even finish?

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:21 AM
  #17
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Yes, he has a bad play every now and then, but the guy creates chances for his team most times he's on the ice except, right now, who on the team can even finish?
Every now and then becomes every period and then. He makes a glaring mistake EVERY game. He was luck when the goalies were standing on their heads making saves on the odd-man rushes that he created for the other team.
He does create chances, but often it is for the other team.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
  #18
Slewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Amboy NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
The Rangers have scored a Grand total of 2 goals in 3 games. Why is Ozolinsh the only target of the fans ??

Slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
  #19
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Every now and then becomes every period and then. He makes a glaring mistake EVERY game. He was luck when the goalies were standing on their heads making saves on the odd-man rushes that he created for the other team.
He does create chances, but often it is for the other team.
He's HIGH risk HIGH reward. I guarantee you that if he was paired with a defensive defenseman and put out for regular strength and power play with a person he can set up, he would be a great asset.

The guy is immensely talented and he plays the game with a lot of heart (I don't think you can every say that Ozo has lacked heart or desire -- is just braindead sometimes) but it's my opinion that he has been used about as bad as can possibly be used.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
  #20
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
The Rangers have scored a Grand total of 2 goals in 3 games. Why is Ozolinsh the only target of the fans ??
Because he's been crucified on the FAN and 1050. He's the scape goat. Not the teams overall ****** play or the injuries. You know that there always is a scape goat when it comes to NY sports, and Ozo is this year's scape goat. He's a very easy target since he has had some bad mishaps so far.

I find it pathetic to boo him as well.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:37 AM
  #21
GothamRanger
Registered User
 
GothamRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
The Rangers have scored a Grand total of 2 goals in 3 games. Why is Ozolinsh the only target of the fans ??
Because he doesn't fit in at all with the teams dynamic. He has been responsible for more faulty goals since he was acquired than Poti+Weekes combined in the entire season.

We are a team that didn't score many goals, but we didn't give up many either. We would win games 3-2 or 2-1, our margin of error was always small, he on this team was the straw that broke the camels back. Everyone has to cover for his mistakes, and it spreads a realtively impotent team even thinner. Before we didn't have offense from the point, but we still win. Now we have "offense" from the point and we are losing every game. Bad move, bad bad move.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:40 AM
  #22
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Because he's been crucified on the FAN and 1050. He's the scape goat. Not the teams overall ****** play or the injuries. You know that there always is a scape goat when it comes to NY sports, and Ozo is this year's scape goat. He's a very easy target since he has had some bad mishaps so far.

I find it pathetic to boo him as well.
Does anyone dispute that the team has played poorly as a whole? Anyone who thinks the Rangers are playing great and that Ozolinsh is the sole reason they are down 3-0, say "me". Anyone? Anyone?

You're reactions to things Ranger related are rarely similar to mine, but I have yet to call them 'pathetic'. Booooooooooooo Ozolinsh!

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 10:44 AM
  #23
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!
 
EventHorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Alright I'll admit finally that OZO has been completely attrocious, however watching the game tonight made me sick.....being booed by your own fans in the first playoff game in almost 9 calendar years........ Yeah way to make a guy feel better and play better.

Look first of all props to the NYR fans for actually know what's going on.......there some teams that dont' know their own players...but seriously booing your own player during the first playoff game in almost 9 years? How does that make him play better? How does it motivate him? Everytime he touched the puck he was quick to get rid of it.......... in fact Sykora was the person to look at in tonights game.......he placed the puck (in a wide open net) on the post and then after a SWEET give and go with OZO hit the post......

So what I'm getting at is that I'll admit now I really honestly and truely thought Ozo would really help out during the playoffs and come up big (I still do think he would have if we would have had the full team), but he's stunk it up completely since coming abroad, but seriously it's not just Ozo that's too blame for not taking this series.....I can point from anything from injuries to Renney to Colton Orr to even Hollwegg.....give me a reason and I can probably make a case for the Rangers losing for any one single reason....but that's not it.....the whole team hasn't played well and we're completely banged up.....give the Rags a break guys, stop booing.....it's almost as lame as the Devils ripoff "Rangers suck"......I was embarrassed to be a Rags fan tonight and not because they lost....



You weren't the only one who was embarrassed. I never thought something other than the Rangers play lately could make me so angry. Totally classless. I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, so as long as you've got Rangers written diagonally across the front of your shirt, I'm cheering for you. No matter what.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 11:17 AM
  #24
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
If you take away all of Ozo's "mishaps", we'd still be down 3-0. There's no denying that. But the guy deserves every second of his boo bird serenade. His "mishaps" have lead to 2-3 goals against in each of the last 3 games. Ozo has been an unrelenting disaster since Game 1.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 11:20 AM
  #25
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Does anyone dispute that the team has played poorly as a whole? Anyone who thinks the Rangers are playing great and that Ozolinsh is the sole reason they are down 3-0, say "me". Anyone? Anyone?

You're reactions to things Ranger related are rarely similar to mine, but I have yet to call them 'pathetic'. Booooooooooooo Ozolinsh!
I dont' see how it's right to boo him when the rest of the team is playing like absolute ****.

How is it even remotely fair to single out a single player? Even Hank hasn't been that good in the playoffs and his absolutely absymal Save % shows it.

Boo the team. Don't boo a single player. The only guys not worthy of booing are Jagr and Hollweg, at this point.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.