HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

dandenualt's heart

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2006, 01:59 AM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
dandenualt's heart

I only caught the 3rd period of last nights game, and WOW did dandenault ever step it to a new level
he played like losing was'nt an option, quite impressive, its too bad players like ribiero gave a turn over everytime they touched the puck.
kovalevs effort was there, as did ryder try to play to his maximum.

i just thought i'd acknowledge dandenualt on playing like a real montreal canadien.

Old
04-29-2006, 02:05 AM
HF-Addict

Dandenault has been good in the play-off. Offense needs to get going...defence is basically doing the D and the O and the hits...quite a load to carry

Old
04-29-2006, 07:43 AM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers

i just thought i'd acknowledge dandenualt on playing like a real montreal canadien.

He's one of the positives out of this whole mess last night.

Old
04-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Dandenault has been good in the play-off. Offense needs to get going...defence is basically doing the D and the O and the hits...quite a load to carry
The scary part is that it's the veterans on offense who are not carrying their own weight.

Old
04-29-2006, 08:09 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I loved those two hits, one inside the Caroline line and then skates back and nails another Carolina player in the habs end. Wow

Old
04-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Melbourne Ice
Happy Happy Happy!

Send a message via Yahoo to Melbourne Ice
Quote:
That's a bit poignant, from the perspective of a Red Wings fan. Dandy always did right by us, took what was dealt him and played, and was one of our fastest D men. Good on 'im, and good for you that he's rising to the occasion now.

btw: very sorry over what's happened to your captain. A bit remiscent of what happened to ours in the last playoffs. Saku and Stevie Y are warriors, I hope your captain's on the ice soon.

I'm hoping for an original six final, would love to see white and red contend for Stanley Cup 2006. Get past the Canes, and we'll see you in the finals!

Old
04-29-2006, 08:11 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by five4fighting
That's a bit poignant, from the perspective of a Red Wings fan. Dandy always did right by us, took what was dealt him and played, and was one of our fastest D men. Good on 'im, and good for you that he's rising to the occasion now.

btw: very sorry over what's happened to your captain. A bit remiscent of what happened to ours in the last playoffs. Saku and Stevie Y are warriors, I hope your captain's on the ice soon.

I'm hoping for an original six final, would love to see white and red contend for Stanley Cup 2006. Get past the Canes, and we'll see you in the finals!
Would be a nice final so long since tow original six teams have played in the final....when was the last time?

Old
04-29-2006, 08:30 AM
BLONG7

As noted by many posters on here, Dandy has played very well now for 2 months...hopefully his role in the playoffs continues, and some of his leadership rubs off on guys like Komo...Carolina's first goal last night going off Dandy's butt...the look on his face said it all...man we ran into some bad luck back in Montreal...hopefully the boys will come out flying in game 5...

Old
04-29-2006, 09:18 AM
eddy

I was never a big fan of Dandy but i've really been impressed with his play after the Olympic break and playoffs. Last night he really stepped it up when we were down and threw some big hits and constantly working. He's won 2 cups with the Wings so he knows what it takes.

Old
04-29-2006, 09:25 AM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
Would be a nice final so long since tow original six teams have played in the final....when was the last time?
1979, Habs vs Rangers

Old
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
znk

I love him right now.

But I have a question.....where was that guy for the first 3/4 of the season? I've got nothing against guys who turn it up a couple of notches for the playoffs but I'd like to see them play with at least half that desire during the season. I hope what he is showing us now is what we will get next year.

Old
04-29-2006, 12:45 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Dandenault knows what it takes to win and it shows! In the 3rd period he did the best forechecking job for the Habs and he is a d-man. He jumped in the play 4 or 5 times and he was the first to backcheck afterwards. Kuddos to Mathieu!

BTW, I am to only one who noticed that our forechecking sucked last night? Except for Plekanec lines nobody was forechecking or putting pressure on their D, it was so easy for them to get the puck out of the zone. Their forwards were forechecking alot and we had all the trouble in the world to get the puck out of the zone but their d had it quite easy.

Old
04-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Dandenault knows what it takes to win and it shows! In the 3rd period he did the best forechecking job for the Habs and he is a d-man. He jumped in the play 4 or 5 times and he was the first to backcheck afterwards. Kuddos to Mathieu!

BTW, I am to only one who noticed that our forechecking sucked last night? Except for Plekanec lines nobody was forechecking or putting pressure on their D, it was so easy for them to get the puck out of the zone. Their forwards were forechecking alot and we had all the trouble in the world to get the puck out of the zone but their d had it quite easy.
Youre right , when your best line in the playoffs has 2 rookie in it you know that there a problem somewhere . The whole stint in Montreal was a nightmare , hopefully the team bounce back .

Old
04-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
I love him right now.

But I have a question.....where was that guy for the first 3/4 of the season?
From the looks of it, it was Claude Julien's coaching scheme

Old
04-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Bob in Niagara

Dandy has really elevated his play in this series, as have the other D. Hope this continues.

Old
04-29-2006, 02:08 PM
jpchabby

it's nice to see them play better, but it doesn't count until you win

Old
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Miller Time

Love the heart, love the desire, HATED his play on the third carolina goal...

He slid to block the shot, but the guy (i think it was williams) with the puck was at a dead angle with very little to shoot at in the first place.

he slides feet first, Williams just waits for him to slide past, and then fires the puck through the crease for brindamour to put it in the net...

Had dandy stayed on his feet he could have take the puck carrier out, or forced a bad angle shot, instead of giving him time (and time for brindamour to get to the net)to make the scoring pass...

oh well, **** happens eh...

Old
04-29-2006, 02:30 PM
NORiculous

Quote:
I only caught the 3rd period of last nights game, and WOW did dandenault ever step it to a new level
he played like losing was'nt an option, quite impressive, its too bad players like ribiero gave a turn over everytime they touched the puck.
kovalevs effort was there, as did ryder try to play to his maximum.

I do think he is playing well also. However, I think he did make a mistake costing a goal last night.

Old
04-29-2006, 02:35 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORiculous
I do think he is playing well also. However, I think he did make a mistake costing a goal last night.
I agree but mistakes are easier to forgive when one is trying that hard and giving all he haves for the team like Dandenault does.

Old
04-29-2006, 02:35 PM
NORiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
I agree but mistakes are easier to forgive when one is trying that hard and giving all he haves for the team like Dandenault does.
I agree.

Old
04-29-2006, 03:13 PM
MissCanuck

He played like losing wasn't an option, damn straight. He was amazing last night and has been the whole series, but hitting? DANDENAULT!?? That was friggen awesome. lol

Old
04-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Habruti!

dandenault as been great for us but I must admit I was expecting a little more from Markov *at least offensively.

Old
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Markimark

[QUOTE=Habruti!]dandenault as been great for us but I must admit I was expecting a little more from Markov *at least offensively.[/QUOT
With Komi, Markov has to concentrate on defense first.

Old
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Capitano

Best player on the ice. He played like I felt.

Cap

Closed Thread