HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundstrom ????

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

vCash: 500
Sundstrom ????

Would someone please be kind enough to explain why Bob insists on playing Sunny during the most important games of the year when down the stretch he saw no activity at all.
Yes this is a RANT....
He brings nothing to the table and i mean nothing. He's soft he doesnt forecheck he has no shot and all he does on the ice is float.
I can't see how a Lapierre or a Ferland couldn't be better in this situation. They are both defensively sound players that throw their weight around and will stand in front of the net (crash).
Thank you i feel better now...

Old
04-29-2006, 08:26 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maley
Would someone please be kind enough to explain why Bob insists on playing Sunny during the most important games of the year when down the stretch he saw no activity at all.
Yes this is a RANT....
He brings nothing to the table and i mean nothing. He's soft he doesnt forecheck he has no shot and all he does on the ice is float.
I can't see how a Lapierre or a Ferland couldn't be better in this situation. They are both defensively sound players that throw their weight around and will stand in front of the net (crash).
Thank you i feel better now...
I couldn't agree more...Hopefully Sunny and Streit do not dress for game 5 and we will see Begin and Downey...

Old
04-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Yeah, how could i forget how bad Streit looked when Wallin went around him like the wind..
My opinion on Streit has not changed...great player on europian ice. North American not so good...

GO HABS GO.

Old
04-29-2006, 10:15 AM
8b

Probably because he have lots of playoff experience, considering the team is relatively young. He used to be a good NHL player and he is not the type of player that will cost you a defeat...

Old
04-29-2006, 10:45 AM
DicAnns

I like Sunny! He almost got into a fight yesterday!

Old
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8b
Probably because he have lots of playoff experience, considering the team is relatively young. He used to be a good NHL player and he is not the type of player that will cost you a defeat...
"used to" is the key word here!
He's now a shadow of himself...
He need energy and fire right now, not Mr. little things

Old
04-29-2006, 11:07 AM
eddy

I think Sundstrom is good at getting the little things done, he doesn't play a very intense game which we need in the playoffs but none the less and I hate to use stats but he still leads the team with a +3 and has 3 assists so he hasn't been completly useless.

Old
04-29-2006, 11:20 AM
NewGuy

Sundstrom was a good fit at the start of the series when the Habs could roll four lines for the whole game. With Koivu's injury he is less effective because the Habs no longer involve all four lines but instead rely on three lines. Sundstrom cannot be effective playing four minutes a game. If you are only going to give four minutes a game to a player then it should have been Downey who is much more effective with reduced ice time.

I think Gainey made a mistake by inserting Streit into the lineup and leaving Sundstrom in too. Streit-Murray-Sundstrom isn't a line that can be effective at all. Gainey must have anticipated more special teams play where Streit could be used on the power play and Sundstrom could be used to kill penalties. It didn't happen so he was left with a useless fourth line. When Begin gets back Sundstrom is no longer needed because Begin can take his place on the penalty kill and do a better job at even strength. One of the other grinders should sub in for Streit so that the fourth line can play a regular shift instead of just a few minutes a game. This will prevent the forwards from tiring out too quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing Begin-Higgins-Ryder and Murray-Bonk-(Lapierre/Downey/Ferland) as the new lines for next game. Higgins-Bonk-Ryder is not working out at all.

Old
04-29-2006, 03:04 PM
MissCanuck

Sunny was good in the first couple of games... but... not anymore. Our offense, had 6 SOG last night. 6! Downey might add muscle, but Begin will be in anyways. He'll be around the net. I'd rather both Sunny and Streit out, with offensive Kostitsyn getting a chance on the 1st line that did NOTHING without Koivu.

Old
04-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Sunny has some offensive upside and can kill penalties and Downey has none of those things

Old
04-29-2006, 03:14 PM
komisakick ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
Sunny has some offensive upside and can kill penalties and Downey has none of those things
Downey have a heart, can forecheck and can bring some energy.
Sunny has none of those things

Old
04-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisakick ***
Downey have a heart, can forecheck and can bring some energy.
Sunny has none of those things

Come on Downey cant skate he is too slow and only good for one thing....Fighting and there is no need for him in this series...he needs to keep watching from the Press Box

Old
04-29-2006, 03:16 PM
MissCanuck

Sundstrom barely touched the ice last night. I'd rather have a guy out there who can create offense, even if he's a rookie. Bonk can't be counted on for offense and the 1st line needs help- Kosty.

Old
04-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Mike8

Sundstrom had a great Game One and has been solid on the PK.

That said, I'd rather have a more physical player in the lineup in his place since Carolina's actually playing playoff hockey now.

Old
04-29-2006, 03:22 PM
MissCanuck

I really don't think Downey's the answer, especially with Begin coming back.

Closed Thread