HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Devils @ Rangers: April 29th, 3:00 PM EST (NBC, TSN)

Old
04-29-2006, 12:02 AM
BigE

vCash: 500
GDT: Devils @ Rangers: April 29th, 3:00 PM EST (NBC, TSN)

It's officially game day.

I figured it would be best to keep it simple...advice the Rangers should heed.

NHL.com Preview

Last edited by BigE: 04-29-2006 at 11:23 AM.
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 12:05 AM
NYR1724

No expectations for this one. Just play hard boys.

If this is the end.. it was an enjoyable season despite this unfortunate fall.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 12:24 AM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1

werd.. i still believe tho

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
I hope Pock and Immonen at least get a chance to play one game. Could they have done any worse at this point?? Immonen at least showed good offensive potential and helping in the defensive zone when he played in the few games he played in. Any word on the lineup?

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Block More Shots

I'm not saying I want the Rangers to lose by any means but I won't lie when I say that I want this series to end as soon as possible. It's been the most frustrating string of games that I've ever seen in my life...it just seems that nothing is going the Rangers way and everything is going right for the Devils. I don't get how the Rangers can make absolutely NO impact in any three games. Sure, they worked hard, but working hard can only do so much when your team isn't playing together as a team and putting the puck in the net.

I'd really like the Rangers to win 4 straight and take this series, but is that realistic? Not at all. Do I want them to avoid the sweep? Definitely. Let's see how this one goes but I just don't have a good feeling about it. The Devils keep coming to work and getting the job done. This series has been very stressful to watch for myself and probably all Ranger fans...honestly, the only way to make it successful is by winning it the series which is highly unlikely. Winning one game would be nice but not even that would make up for the way we've played down the stretch.

Let's go Rangers!

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 12:41 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
I'm not saying I want the Rangers to lose by any means but I won't lie when I say that I want this series to end as soon as possible. It's been the most frustrating string of games that I've ever seen in my life...it just seems that nothing is going the Rangers way and everything is going right for the Devils. I don't get how the Rangers can make absolutely NO impact in any three games. Sure, they worked hard, but working hard can only do so much when your team isn't playing together as a team and putting the puck in the net.

I'd really like the Rangers to win 4 straight and take this series, but is that realistic? Not at all. Do I want them to avoid the sweep? Definitely. Let's see how this one goes but I just don't have a good feeling about it. The Devils keep coming to work and getting the job done. This series has been very stressful to watch for myself and probably all Ranger fans...honestly, the only way to make it successful is by winning it the series which is highly unlikely. Winning one game would be nice but not even that would make up for the way we've played down the stretch.

Let's go Rangers!

I hope this turns into a physical game. But with this pansy lineup it wont. Flyers Devils got tougher at the deadline, Rangers softer, this aint europe. We need more gritty guys especially on defense.

Old
04-29-2006, 12:46 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I hope this turns into a physical game. But with this pansy lineup it wont. Flyers Devils got tougher at the deadline, Rangers softer, this aint europe. We need more gritty guys especially on defense.
Which is why we are being pomelled

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 01:13 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Which is why we are being pomelled

agreed, we must get Arnott and Kubina, at least they use their size, unlike poke check and Ozozobozo the clown

Old
04-29-2006, 01:26 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Good GDT. Btw..All in favor if we lose then Big E be banned?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 01:37 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan

Let's go Rangers!
Well let's win a game or two anyway and make it into May. Not always a good thing to rush things.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Choice

Get it over with now, or postpone the inevitable?

Postpone that ****!

I have work and I will refrain from watching this game. Let's hope that changes things.

Last edited by Choice: 04-29-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 03:12 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I have always thought that if you dont win atleast one game in the playoffs, you might as well pretend you didnt even qualify. Along with my "I just want the rangers to make the playoffs" pleas, ive always added, and win just one game. If we get swept today, I feel like the season was a bit of waste, call me pessimist or not. We need to win a playoff game, getting there is simply not good enough. You need to make it, and come out victorious for atleast one night in the second season.

I'm not talking about coming back and winning the series, I'm talking about just winning one playoff game. For themselves, for the fans, and for the damn length between the last day in the playoffs where we could hold our heads high and say, ok, 3 more to go! We need to win today so we can really feel like we made the playoffs.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 04:01 AM
LeeIs
M a t s

The Rangers need to crash, bang and screen Brodeur all night. NJ is Brodeur, I don't even know who their bloody back up has been since Schwaab. Who ever it is, he/she don't play much.

The best of luck to you. All my fingers will be crossed for today's game.

Go Rangers!!!

LeeIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 07:01 AM
shoothepuck

NY just needs to play hockey, score the first goal and win a game. They have to stop playing and looking like zoombies on the ice.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 07:49 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Is Jagr and Rucinsky playing? The problem is, Jagr talked after game 3 to the press with so little hope.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Sicilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1

absolutely, it has been a pleasure chatting with you all this entire season.

i'm stuck working on a saturday morning, and these boards give me a little distraction. thank you all for your insight and entertainment. whatever happens this afternoon, it's been a great ride for me

Sicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 08:54 AM
HF_Rangers

Going to the game today thanks to a free ticket from a good buddy... hopefully to witness a playoff victory for the Blueshirts!

HF_Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I knew I forgot to do something today! lol.

We need to take it one game at a time. Play it simple, don't take chances and wait for the Devils to make mistakes.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

I feel like i'm going to a preseason game. I have zero expectations for this game today...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Phil333

Umm, isn't the game on NBC>?

Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Pogo

I dont get it, our great season isn't supposed to end like this. Not like this, not to the Devils, not sweep, not lackluster, not anti-what-we-stood-for-the-entire-season.

Arggggh
Make it good please, make it good

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 10:09 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Gotta hope for some magic.

Announcing QU's Men's LAX game, so I'll be back around 330.... let's hope we already have a lead by then.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 10:48 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
I have always thought that if you dont win atleast one game in the playoffs, you might as well pretend you didnt even qualify. Along with my "I just want the rangers to make the playoffs" pleas, ive always added, and win just one game. If we get swept today, I feel like the season was a bit of waste,
Well, there were plenty here who did not add your caveat, who wanted the playoffs - ANY playoffs - at almost any price. We got "any" playoffs. So far, IMO, it hasn't been worth it for either the fans or the team.

No doubt we'll talk all this stuff when the playoffs end for the Rangers.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
We need to take it one game at a time. Play it simple, don't take chances and wait for the Devils to make mistakes.
That's the really impressive thing about the Devils teams of the last decade. They make so very, very few mistakes, and they have a goalie who's good enouhg to cover for them when they do.

IMO the teams that beat the Devils are the teams that are talented enough, gritty enough, and disciplined enough to FORCE the Devils into mistakes. This Ranger team is none of those.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Servo

Those of you at the game, I want to hear you!

Forget the last three games. Forget booing Ozolinsh. Keep it positive and keep it loud. Even if this is the last game at MSG this year, nobody can say it hasn't been immeasurably better than the last nine years!

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote