HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

True or False?

View Poll Results: Thornton takes penalties because the ref wont call them?
False 3 17.65%
True 14 82.35%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Gary

vCash: 500
True or False?

9 times out of 10 when Thornton takes a penalty it's because someone on the other team did something to him that SHOULD'VE been called but was'nt?

Old
11-01-2003, 08:11 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

I vote true because it's out of frustration, but I also think Thornton complaining about the non-calls isn't gonna help. Sullivan should deal with the refs, Joe should play the game.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:24 AM
Still a Bruin fan

I vote false.

How many times will Thornton punch someone in the face right in front of the ref for something that happened 2 periods ago?

I swear he just stops the clock sometimes so he can complain about earlier, uncalled infractions.

I want him to be MORE aggressive in his body checking and force others to take penalties.
Then he can go off on someone without taking the extra call.

As for the holding against him that doesn't get called, I know it sucks.
But he's just going to have to fight through and keep his mouth shut.
It doesn't do any good to STOP fighting through checks and whine to the refs at the same time.
It's frustrating, I'm sure, but he's not going about this in the right way.
He needs to stop before he gets a reputation for complaining, if he doesn't have one already.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:05 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still a Bruin fan
I vote false.

How many times will Thornton punch someone in the face right in front of the ref for something that happened 2 periods ago?

I swear he just stops the clock sometimes so he can complain about earlier, uncalled infractions.

I want him to be MORE aggressive in his body checking and force others to take penalties.
Then he can go off on someone without taking the extra call.

As for the holding against him that doesn't get called, I know it sucks.
But he's just going to have to fight through and keep his mouth shut.
It doesn't do any good to STOP fighting through checks and whine to the refs at the same time.
It's frustrating, I'm sure, but he's not going about this in the right way.
He needs to stop before he gets a reputation for complaining, if he doesn't have one already.
I agree and disagree. He should be complaining about blind refereeing and he should fall more often to draw the penalty. These penalties need to be called on the guilty parties. Don't retaliate immediately. Take a number and get even later when you can get away with it.

But you're 100% right on the need for that line to create some space for itself from the first faceoff by laying on some clean bodychecks...

Old
11-02-2003, 06:56 AM
sarge88

It is the chicken or the egg scenario. If the officiating wasn't consistently awful then he wouldn't have to complain. If Joe didn't complain then more calls would go his way. The only solution is for Joe to stop complaining, and learn to settle scores when it won't or can't affect the outcome of games. Drop the gloves and pound away at someone with 25 seconds left in a 4-1 game and let everyone within earshot know that it was retaliation for whatever happened in the first period, last week, last year, whatever. Easier said than done, I know, but as the adage says, "revenge is a dish best served cold".

Closed Thread