HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grebeshkov

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
palffytofrovlov

vCash: 500
Grebeshkov

I notice that he now has 2 assists in 9 games and now is a +2 and has 12 PIM. Those that have seen him is he improving, I know he struggled those first few games. Just interested to know since I believe he is better then Strabak and way better then Zizka and Holland. I just hope he and Gleason become the Studs on the back end that the Kings need.... Let me know for those that have seen the Monarchs play

Thanks....

Old
10-28-2003, 11:08 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov
I notice that he now has 2 assists in 9 games and now is a +2 and has 12 PIM. Those that have seen him is he improving, I know he struggled those first few games. Just interested to know since I believe he is better then Strabak and way better then Zizka and Holland. I just hope he and Gleason become the Studs on the back end that the Kings need.... Let me know for those that have seen the Monarchs play

Thanks....
Have seen him in 5-games-

Grebeshkov still has a long way to go, he's young yet and still looks like a "deer in the headlights" most shifts. But considering that there are still 70+ games left, it is probable that he will at least match his career high of 9 points in a season...as far as "Stud" goes you'll need to look elsewhere (Muir perhaps) for a while, a looooooooooooong while.

Old
10-28-2003, 11:19 AM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Have seen him in 5-games-

Grebeshkov still has a long way to go, he's young yet and still looks like a "deer in the headlights" most shifts. But considering that there are still 70+ games left, it is probable that he will at least match his career high of 7 points in a season...as far as "Stud" goes you'll need to look elsewhere (Muir perhaps) for a while, a looooooooooooong while.

The only two "studs" on D in Manchester are Muir and Rullier.....

Grebes needs to get some game legs going. There has been little to post about Grebes so far.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO

Grebes needs to get some game legs going. There has been little to post about Grebes so far.
Post whatever you can. You are our best source of Monarch info

Old
10-29-2003, 07:04 AM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Post whatever you can. You are our best source of Monarch info

Always more than happy to post updates..... it's been a slow start for the Monarchs. Looks like it could be a long season for the organization.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:05 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO

Yes, Grebes does need to get some legs. Given that 10 of his 12 PIMs are for Hooking, Holding and Tripping it appears that some of his PIMs may have been forced by opponents "Louisiana Move"!!!

Old
10-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Qubax

I don't understand Grebshkov was heralded as very NHL ready and played a very mature two waw game...NOt overly physically imposing but very smart....

Wade Redden was always who you heard....

This kid is having trouble in the AHL...?

No offense to the AHL ofcourse..but I just find that very interesting....

Old
10-30-2003, 01:25 PM
King Blazer

[QUOTE=Qubax]I don't understand Grebshkov was heralded as very NHL ready and played a very mature two waw game...NOt overly physically imposing but very smart....

Not very NHL ready IMO or the Kings.

[QUOTE=Qubax]Wade Redden was always who you heard....

You hear a lot about Wade Redden--30 point rookie season when he was 19 ysr. old and 35 points a season ave. over 7-years. The most pts. in one season for Grebs is like 9 and granted that's over about 50 games rather than 80 +/- but honestly, Grebs has never put up anything close to Redden type numbers Jrs. or Bigs.

[QUOTE=Qubax]This kid is having trouble in the AHL...?

He's a long way from home and it will probably take time for him to adjust. Do they play with a Red Line in the RSL???

[QUOTE=Qubax]No offense to the AHL ofcourse..but I just find that very interesting....

I hear what you're saying.

Could very well be a case of the DREAM "I'm going to LA to play in the NHL", the reality "I'm in friggin ManchVegas playing in the AHL!" No offense to ManchVegas but it really is not LA!!! He's a kid, give him time to adjust to life in the "Big City" (USA) and I'm sure he will exceed his RSL numbers!!!!

Old
10-30-2003, 02:19 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
You hear a lot about Wade Redden--30 point rookie season when he was 19 ysr. old and 35 points a season ave. over 7-years. The most pts. in one season for Grebs is like 9 and granted that's over about 50 games rather than 80 +/- but honestly, Grebs has never put up anything close to Redden type numbers Jrs. or Bigs.
A 19yr old putting up 7 pts and posting a +13 as a top-2 defenseman in the RSL is nothing to sneeze at. I think given the average level of defenseman scoring in the RSL, the statistical comparisons to Redden are not that far off.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Qubax

Hmm good point ukyo...

I hope that Grebs really develops into what we are all really hoping he can be...Didn't he llok good besides his injuries in camp...?

Old
10-30-2003, 09:50 PM
no name

I htought the RSL is twice as hard as the AHL. I think Grebbs will turn things around.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:22 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
I htought the RSL is twice as hard as the AHL. I think Grebbs will turn things around.
Grebs had a good weekend and scored his first of the season on Sunday afternoon. His goal came during a 4-on-4 with Kelly taking the D-man and goalie to the far right a laying off a diagonal-back pass to Grebs who had patiently (smartly) positioned himself in a trailing position for a pass or rebound. Kelly's move opened a lot of net and Grebs finished.

Although Kelly deserves a lot of the credit for Grebs goal, Grebs showed great vision in getting to where he was to finish.

Grebs did get caught down low earlier which led to a "scramble" but this was as much of a case of the teams cycling breaking down as anything else. Also, Grebs still needs to get a bit "stronger" as he was knocked off the puck a couple times Saturday and Sunday.

All in all, a good weekend for Grebs.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Kings Fanatic

As Tubby Terion said on LGK, we can't forget that Grebs came over with an arm injury which was then aggravated quickly as he began to fit in the Kings injury theme. So, these recent games are probably the first where he has been 100%.

Old
11-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic
As Tubby Terion said on LGK, we can't forget that Grebs came over with an arm injury which was then aggravated quickly as he began to fit in the Kings injury theme. So, these recent games are probably the first where he has been 100%.

Good point. Besides it is extremly early in the season and he seems to get better in each game...

Old
11-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
How is his play along the boards? That is supposedly the biggest adjustment d-men have to make when the come over to play the NA game.

Closed Thread