HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lock out not neccessary

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 09:42 AM
panayiotis

vCash: 500
lock out not neccessary

Hey! if these owners cant contol themselves let the fans help. Cut the price of tics and concessions by 30%-40%. The salaries will come down quickly. The fans deserve a voice. The price of taking a date or kids to the games is out of reach for too many. In montreal there is a limited amount of tics at the top of the bowl for about 25 bucks. it is aweful up there.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
Hey! if these owners cant contol themselves let the fans help. Cut the price of tics and concessions by 30%-40%. The salaries will come down quickly. The fans deserve a voice. The price of taking a date or kids to the games is out of reach for too many. In montreal there is a limited amount of tics at the top of the bowl for about 25 bucks. it is aweful up there.
Since the ticket revenue goes to arena maintence, arena staff, the arena owners, and other things, not related to the player budget.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:52 PM
panayiotis

wrong

More then any other sport hockey is a gate driven. There is no major money coming networks and local tv is not shared by large markets. The owners could quickly send salaries down by cutting the price of tics.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Dr Love

Why am I bothering to reply to this, but....

Slashing ticket prices across the board wouldn't solve a damn thing. It would only cause debt.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:48 PM
blah

There's just too many big contracts out there for slashing ticket prices to be a sane solution. They need to stop handing out those big contracts. Can't wait for the collusion chatter.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
a lockout/strike will kill the game. the NHL will never be the same. the league allways seems to struggle when it comes to ratings and try to market the game to new fans.
If all this happens, most of the long time fans will probably come back and support the league, but as far as the newer fans? forget it they may not come back.
the players and owners can yack all they want about its all about the fans. do me a favor guys shut the hell up. players and owners are not kidding anyone here. If they cared about the fans they would stop bsing around, and get together and talk and get this resloved. but no there gonna wait until were 48 or 72 hours away, from armaggeddon and it will be too late.
It took what 60 years but the NHL has finally caught up to the MLB, THE NBA AND THE NFL as being nothing more then a bunch of moneyhungry, who gives a crap about the fans were in it for ourselves league.
Im sure im not alone in feeling this way, and yeah i might be in the minority on this view. But i really care about the game and i dont want it seen torn to shreads like it possibily could be.

Closed Thread