HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zednik or Bulis

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Zednik or Bulis

Who would you rather have on the team next year...Z or Bulis?

Old
04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Who would you rather have on the team next year...Z or Bulis?
Zednik....He had a bad season but he has way more talent then Bulis.

Old
04-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Bob in Niagara

I like them both.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Maxpac

Bulis cause of his defensive skills and the fact that we have more then enough off .wingers with Kostytsin,Latendresse and Perezhogin all coming

Old
04-30-2006, 10:06 AM
kostitsyn fan

bulis, but the bad news is that he is ufa and zednik still have one year in is contract

It would be fun to switch the contract!

Old
04-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Mike8

Tough to say. Zednik floated through the season so much. He's shown a whole lot more than Bulis in the post-season though, and Bulis hasn't been all that bad.

Frankly, I don't think we'll see either back. Too inconsistent. If Zednik showed up on a regular basis, his strengths are more of what Montreal needs than what Bulis brings to the table.

Old
04-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Habsfan18

Zednik.

Old
04-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Hard to say , while Bulis is better on D he's not one of our guys on the PK anymore and he's not good enough Offensively for the PP in my books . But on the other hand Zednik didn't put any effort in his game for the biggest part of the season and the coaching staff should not let this happen because our young guys might take bad habits .

Old
04-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Bulis. Cheaper, a bit more consistent (strange enough to say), younger, etc. But I don't really see any reason not to have both of them around. We need some filler on the wings still until our younger prospects are ready to take over. Bulis is pretty decent filler, and Zednik sure played like filler this year.

Old
04-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Jan Bulis, Zednik had a brutal year.

Old
04-30-2006, 12:35 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
Bulis, wake up, Zednik got no skills at all and dont even drive the net anymore.

Old
04-30-2006, 01:11 PM
henri2014

well zed still is under contract next year and Bulis is UFA so its kinda obvious that bulis wont be back and zednik will be...
anyway its time to go with the young guns next year kost will take bulis spot and the year after that latendresse will take zednik's spot..

Old
04-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Duchemin
Bulis, wake up, Zednik got no skills at all and dont even drive the net anymore.
Zednik has skills, motivating him is more of an issue. Hes been much more of a threat these playoffs because he is playing for something.

Old
04-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Mtl6

Bulis, he's a more complete player, we don't need Zednik with Kost!!!!

Old
04-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Habsaku

Zednik without question IMO. He's much tougher with the puck and look how well he's playing in the playoffs. Bulis has been hitting the breaks alot and thats against guys like Tverdovsky, imagine him against Phillips. I'd say we dont need Bulis thanks to Kostitsyn and Perezhogin.

Old
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogins scouter
bulis, but the bad news is that he is ufa and zednik still have one year in is contract

It would be fun to switch the contract!
We could always sign Bulis and trade Zednik. Zednik may bring us a second rounder and Bulis should be signed cheaper than Zednik is.

Old
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
eddy

I really like them both and would like to have both of them back but if I had to choose probably Zednik, he had an off year but he's still good for 30 goals a season give or take.

Old
04-30-2006, 03:54 PM
PJ Wiggum

Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum
I think Zednik is the more likely candidate to stay because he is under contract for next year. The lines will pretty much stay the same except Kostitson will have a spot on the Ribeiro-Kovalev line as long as Ribs plays like he has the past 10 or so games.

Old
04-30-2006, 04:01 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I believe Zed is more likley to stay he has proved once again he steps his game up during the playoffs.
He also was playing injured through most of the year, which is no excuese because if he was hurt he should not have rushed back!

Old
04-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

None

But if i had the choice it would definitively be Bulis.He may not score as much goals as Z (except this year) but he is more useful in other areas.Z only has two moves and he's too unidimensional too be effective in various situations (mostly defensive).

The reality of the situation though is that Z will probably stay (1 year) and Bulis will most likely leave as a UFA.I don't except Z to come back after next season unless he have a career year and even then i doubt that he's part of Bob's longterm plan for the team.

In any case i think that we should try to sign Shean Donovan to replace Bulis if he leave.I know that some of you will probably disagree with me as you would like to see a rookie at his place instead but i'm a fan of his.A Begin - Donovan duo would KILL

Old
04-30-2006, 05:29 PM
TornACL

Jan Bulis, as a center

Old
04-30-2006, 05:36 PM
kostitsyn fan

Quote:
We could always sign Bulis and trade Zednik. Zednik may bring us a second rounder and Bulis should be signed cheaper than Zednik is.

if zednik can bring us a second ronder i ll be the most happy habs fan in the world! We really dont need that guys anymore. He took the spots of kost this year ( im sure that if kost would have play 80 games he would have more than 16 goals for zed...)

Old
04-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolic
None

But if i had the choice it would definitively be Bulis.He may not score as much goals as Z (except this year) but he is more useful in other areas.Z only has two moves and he's too unidimensional too be effective in various situations (mostly defensive).

The reality of the situation though is that Z will probably stay (1 year) and Bulis will most likely leave as a UFA.I don't except Z to come back after next season unless he have a career year and even then i doubt that he's part of Bob's longterm plan for the team.

In any case i think that we should try to sign Shean Donovan to replace Bulis if he leave.I know that some of you will probably disagree with me as you would like to see a rookie at his place instead but i'm a fan of his.A Begin - Donovan duo would KILL

Or Alyn Macluay? He is an UFA...Habs were rumoured to be after him at the deadline...plus he should come about the same price tag as Z

Old
04-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Or Alyn Macluay? He is an UFA...Habs were rumoured to be after him at the deadline...plus he should come about the same price tag as Z
I don't really think that McCauley fit the mold of this team because 1) he's a playmaking center and we have plenty of these and 2) Ribeiro is younger and can produce more points than him imho.

What i like about McCauley is his work ethic but i haven't seen him play a lot this season so i don't know if it's on the same level as it was in 03-04 when i had the chance to watch around 20 or so Sharks games.Assuming that Koivu , Ribs , Bonk and Begin are our four centers for next year , there are no spot for McC in the lineup unless we convert him to wing which i don 't think he would fit at all.Of course things could change until then so all this is just pure speculation.

One of the best choice to replace Z imho would be a certain Jamie Langenbrunner (UFA) although i have no idea how much he would cost us (probably something between 2 - 2.5 i guess).Then there is always the rumored Teemu Selanne but i'm not sure that this one is very realistic.A rookie could be fine too but at some point we must be careful to not have too many rookies/1 year experience guys in the lineup.Experience and veteran presence is always important for a team; hence the reason why i really would like to see Bob sign Shean Donovan.

Anyway , i'm going to stop right here because i'm going waaaayyyy off topic and it should deserve a thread on his own

Old
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Talent Analyst

Bulis , but I don't want both of them . With Kostitsyn , Perezhogins , Latendresse , Lapierre , we will have enougth to complete the line up .

My line for next year :

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder (Already playing well)
Perezhogins-Ribeiro-Kovalev (With how perez play now , he can remplace bulis)
Kostitsyn-Plekanek-Latendresse (Good mix of Speed , Strongness and Skills)
Lapierre-Begin-Murray (Energic line )

Young line but a great mix IMO . Zednik don't have his place in the line up and Bonk . If Bonk there , Lapierre will be the 13e foward .

Closed Thread