HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The real reason why the downfall began-

Old
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
trench23

vCash: 500
The real reason why the downfall began-

I don't post here much, but i was thinking about the season, and where it all started to break down for us (aside from the olympic break)-- I beleive it was a game vs Ottawa shortly after the olympics... i beleive we had a 2 goal lead with 7 or 8 minutes to go in the third (if i am mistaken on time/score forgive me, my memory has diminished as my drinking has increased ) and the supid sound guy began to play Sweet Caroline. i beleive we lost that game (either in OT or in Regulation, i think it was OT). and so began our streak of bad luck with bounces, injuries, players not fully back-checking etc..

just thought it was interesting -- and before anyone bashes me, please take with a grain of salt (but i am pretty sure, after that point is when we began our slide..

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
That was Atlanta.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 06:36 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23
I don't post here much, but i was thinking about the season, and where it all started to break down for us (aside from the olympic break)-- I beleive it was a game vs Ottawa shortly after the olympics... i beleive we had a 2 goal lead with 7 or 8 minutes to go in the third (if i am mistaken on time/score forgive me, my memory has diminished as my drinking has increased ) and the supid sound guy began to play Sweet Caroline. i beleive we lost that game (either in OT or in Regulation, i think it was OT). and so began our streak of bad luck with bounces, injuries, players not fully back-checking etc..

just thought it was interesting -- and before anyone bashes me, please take with a grain of salt (but i am pretty sure, after that point is when we began our slide..
I was at that game. It was against Atlanta. I remember Savard taking that slap shot from the ash marks to win it in OT.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 07:27 PM
DontStaal

its just coincidental...

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Ah yes, everything bad that's happened over the last 3 months is because some guy played a song too soon at the Garden.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 08:14 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Ah yes, everything bad that's happened over the last 3 months is because some guy played a song too soon at the Garden.

Remember...there are people in Chicago who believe that if a black cat didn't run in front of the Cubs' dugout in 1969, the Cubs would have won the pennant that year.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Remember...there are people in Chicago who believe that if a black cat didn't run in front of the Cubs' dugout in 1969, the Cubs would have won the pennant that year.
And the Cubbies would have still lost the World Series regardless. That kitty just saved their fans a lot of heartache.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 09:19 PM
AXN

Too much hockey for Lundqvist.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote