HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Worst nightmare came true (quote after game 1)

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2006, 03:47 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
My Worst nightmare came true (quote after game 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Let me start off by saying that I like what the NHL is trying to with this no tolerance setting.

But there are a few things that are happening which need to be corrected right away.

I think we can agree that there were shady calls both ways in game 1. But what totally irritated me besides the inconsistency was the fact that you cannot clear your crease without getting a penalty.

There were a couple instances where Huet would have the puck covered and the ref refuses to blow the whistle. Consequently, the carolina players repeatedly hacked at huet multiple times before a habs player comes in and drives the guy out of the crease. But wait, the habs player gets a penalty for clearing the front of the net! If the NHL wont allow the defensman to clear the crease when a guy is taking liberties at your goaltender, then the ref better blow his whistle the instant that the puck is covered instead of waiting a few seconds. Otherwise, you are asking for controversy.

This almost cost us the game in the 2nd period and I was absolutely fuming . I'm very afraid about this issue. Goalies are going to get hurt if this is not corrected fast.
The above quote was my rant after game 1. Its obvious after game 4 that this issue still has not been resolved. I'm sick and tired of the abuse on the goalies and the blatant disregard of the crease. Its as if the blue paint doesn't even exist

The NHL and their refs better get their act together fast and lets hope the Gainey complaint to the league (if he did send a complaint) actually comes to fruition.

PS - Justin Williams. I dont know how you disguise your high sticks without getting a penalty but if you do it again, (accidental or not), you are too wreckless to be playing in this series and I really think he should face disciplinary action if it happens again. I know it would set a new precedent but if a player gets multiple high stick penalties, I think the league should start to think of disciplinary action. This type of wrecklessnes may end a promising career one day. I know the intensity is high in the playoff series and things happen fast but you are in charge of your stick and its no excuse for wrecklessnes with a potential weapon like a hockey stick

Old
04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
It's all about Rick Tocchet and Janet.

Old
05-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Habsurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
The above quote was my rant after game 1. Its obvious after game 4 that this issue still has not been resolved. I'm sick and tired of the abuse on the goalies and the blatant disregard of the crease. Its as if the blue paint doesn't even exist

The NHL and their refs better get their act together fast and lets hope the Gainey complaint to the league (if he did send a complaint) actually comes to fruition.

PS - Justin Williams. I dont know how you disguise your high sticks without getting a penalty but if you do it again, (accidental or not), you are too wreckless to be playing in this series and I really think he should face disciplinary action if it happens again. I know it would set a new precedent but if a player gets multiple high stick penalties, I think the league should start to think of disciplinary action. This type of wrecklessnes may end a promising career one day. I know the intensity is high in the playoff series and things happen fast but you are in charge of your stick and its no excuse for wrecklessnes with a potential weapon like a hockey stick

Agreed. Keep a book onthe repeat offenders and suspend them properly....esp w head and knee infractions.

I'd also be in favour of having plays reviewed upstairs even as the game continues when the ref's miss a serious transgretion like they did w Koivu's injury for example....esp when there was an obvious consequence as w K.

Old
05-01-2006, 09:48 AM
puckster

Canes fan here. I agree with you guys on the high stick issues. After so many you get penalized. Miss games or fined or something.

I also would like to see that with blantant boarding. Especially when you board someone from three to four feet out. That is so dangerous which obviously can result in a broken neck.

Although highsticking is accidently.......you must be responsible for your stick. And boarding is a choice. It should no be tolerated.

speedy recovering to Koivu, a classy player.

Closed Thread