HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

we sucked.

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2006, 10:23 PM
e-e

vCash: 500
markov....20% of markov we had seen during regular season
souray.....besides his 2 goals he sucks big time
rivet, komi...provide their regular season standard not playoff performance
dandy....the only playoff Dman we have right now
cube...well...his the cube

begin....didnt see the begin i expected to
kovy...cant do it by himself
ryder...didnt see him tonight..like all season
higgins...missing saku
bulis...what an offensive forward?
murray....great hard woker
zednik...played hard along the board but it doesnt yield golas
bonk...hard to say anything about him tonight
plekanec...great future
ribs...did he play tonight?
perez....like this kid a lot

huet...the only reason we didnt lose more

overall.....we sucked big time tonight

didn't see that wanted to see:

phisical game, crushed body, sakting, shooting, trafic, heart, leadership, taking the ugly guy down.

what the hell is all that canes playing after the whisle?

Old
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHabFan
He needs to produce?
You are still hoping?
Praying is more like it. I thought he played great the first few games even if he didnt get the points. But Ribeiro's role is to get the points. I'm pretty much done with this guy.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
RC51

The habs played about as good as they can play with the players they have.

We have known ALL YEAR that the Habs need a better second line centre.

Now with the first line centre OUT of action we are short and is shows.

Ribs just can't do it. He sure tried hard but he simply is not good enough.
What is missing for a realy good club is still missing.
Haveing said all that, I am NOT disapointed with the Habs.
A good year, a good playoff run against the Canes. They still might pull it off but it looks bad right now.

The Canes are not cup contenders, The Sens could take them in 4
The Sabres in 5.
It took a lots of breaks for the Canes to win game 3 and 4, big breaks, we all know which ones.

The Habs without Koivu just don't have quite enough firepower, not short by much, but just short enough.

Thier is going to be one hell of a training camp next SEPT after Gainey fixes 1 or 2 holes and more kids come up.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:25 PM
e-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
The 1st and 2nd periods were PATHETIC.

I don't think there was ONE hit in both those periods.

DISGUSTING effort. This team is gutless.
actualy tere were 3hits in first shift of downy-begin-muray...each with one

Old
04-30-2006, 10:26 PM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
markov....20% of markov we had seen during regular season
souray.....besides his 2 goals he sucks big time
rivet, komi...provide their regular season standard not playoff performance
dandy....the only playoff Dman we have right now
cube...well...his the cube

begin....didnt see the begin i expected to
kovy...cant do it by himself
ryder...didnt see him tonight..like all season
higgins...missing saku
bulis...what an offensive forward?
murray....great hard woker
zednik...played hard along the board but it doesnt yield golas
bonk...hard to say anything about him tonight
plekanec...great future
ribs...did he play tonight?
perez....like this kid a lot

huet...the only reason we didnt lose more

overall.....we sucked big time tonight

didn't see that wanted to see:

phisical game, crushed body, sakting, shooting, trafic, heart, leadership, taking the ugly guy down.

Excellent summary

Old
04-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Madevilz

Souray must be traded in the offseason.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:27 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
actualy tere were 3hits in first shift of downy-begin-muray...each with one
Do you disagree with my point? I missed the 3 first minutes of the game, so that will be my excuse.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:29 PM
MathMan

The Habs didn't suck. I thought they had a slight edge over the last 50 minutes. Were the better team 5-on-5 overall, but not enough to matter. They were beat on special teams, which is something the Habs had an edge in until now.

This team badly needs Koivu though.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Live Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e

You bring up a good point. That was pissing my off big time. I think they were trying to get into Huet's head or make him lose his concentration by always putting the puck in the net after a whistle. Freakin cheap.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:30 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
You're not serious are you?
Bouillon did suck. He did not make a single pass to a forward the entire game. He just dumped the puck everytime he had it. Although Bouillon works his *** off almost every single game and is a fan favorite, it's not a reason to hide the obvious.
He needs to learn passing the puck, period.

The whole team sucked except a few players. Ryder and Ribeiro both had horrible games. Same for Bonk, he simply does not look good playing with Ryder and Higgins. Please change that line ASAP. Poor Higgins, he's actually trying out there, but gets no help from the other two.

Only thing positive is the Plekanec line and Kovalev. Our defencemen had a horrible game too. Komisarek choked on a few occasions, Dandenault missed like 4 shots, Rivet can't hit the net, Souray did not even deploy his canon shot (I wonder why..) and Markov could have done more.

BTW, Downey is bringing nothing to the table. With Koivu sidelined, we need offensive help. Kostitsyn needs to play in game #6 or at least use a younger and much more skilled Downey in Lapierre.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Do you disagree with my point? I missed the 3 first minutes of the game, so that will be my excuse.

Seriously Markov hasnt been a factor what so ever in this serie... seem like he doesnt know how to create offense.. and the stupid penalty too... boy oh boy, ok,we have to put this lost behind us... freaking bob gotta get some imagination before we got eliminated in front of our croud.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
How many times did we get to their blueline and turn it over giving Carolina an odd man rush? Wayyyy too many.

Problem is when we dumped it in we forecheck with one guy constantly and Carolina sends it right back out.

At home we need to play uptempo and three on the puck I think. Put everything we've got on them and make guys like Wallin and Ward cough it up.

Also our defence are thinking way too much. When the team's struggling and Carolina is such a good offensive team, we need to just have guys like Rivet (love him), Komo (shakey), Bouillon (error prone) and Souray (iffy back there) just get the puck off their sticks. For us I think the best defencemen will be the one's who don't ****ing think and just get the puck off of their stick..

Also Bulis has to get off the Kovalev-Ribeiro line I think. Give Kostitstyn a go, and flip Bulis to the Bonk-Begin line.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Praying is more like it. I thought he played great the first few games even if he didnt get the points. But Ribeiro's role is to get the points. I'm pretty much done with this guy.
I agree Ribs is having a poor playoffs. I would like to see what a Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev line would do. We need to do something to generate some goals.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:34 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1
Bouillon did suck. He did not make a single pass to a forward the entire game. He just dumped the puck everytime he had it. Although Bouillon works his *** off almost every single game and is a fan favorite, it's not a reason to hide the obvious.
He needs to learn passing the puck, period.

The whole team sucked except a few players. Ryder and Ribeiro both had horrible games. Same for Bonk, he simply does not look good playing with Ryder and Higgins. Please change that line ASAP. Poor Higgins, he's actually trying out there, but gets no help from the other two.

Only thing positive is the Plekanec line and Kovalev. Our defencemen had a horrible game too. Komisarek choked on a few occasions, Dandenault missed like 4 shots, Rivet can't hit the net, Souray did not even deploy his canon shot (I wonder why..) and Markov could have done more.

BTW, Downey is bringing nothing to the table. With Koivu sidelined, we need offensive help. Kostitsyn needs to play in game #6 or at least use a younger and much more skilled Downey in Lapierre.
Rivet had 4 shots and Bouillon 3 tonight.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:35 PM
barfy2000

Why does it seem our team insists on getting down a few goals and then trying?

Old
04-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Live Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan
The Habs didn't suck. I thought they had a slight edge over the last 50 minutes. Were the better team 5-on-5 overall, but not enough to matter. They were beat on special teams, which is something the Habs had an edge in until now.

This team badly needs Koivu though.
I don't know man. How many breakaways did the Canes get tonight? Did we ever mantain any momentum tonight? Did we form any good scoring opportunities on the Powerplay? I just hope that the Real Habs show up next game because we all know they can bring much more than what their brought tonight.

I thought a key reason to the Habs loss tonight was due to the fact that Carolina was much faster than us tonight. Even when we would try to form a rush, it was as though we were just floating at center ice. I remember a moment during the game when it was a 2 on 2 rush for the Canes and the 3 Habs forwards were skating back while the other 3 Canes players were making line changes. The Canes forwards got a shot off that deflected off a Habs player into the corner and the other Canes' forward beat out the 4 other Habs players to the puck. At that point in the game I told myself that Montreal didn't come back to play tonight. It's not the same Habs team we saw tonight as the one we saw a week or so ago playing Soccer outside of Raleigh Arena.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:37 PM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy2000
They need a good source of motivation to play harder

Old
04-30-2006, 10:42 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever
I don't know man. How many breakaways did the Canes get tonight?
Too many, but the Habs were trying to come from behind. You play more aggressively then. One came from a freak play with the puck smacking Markov hard in the ankle.

Quote:
Did we ever mantain any momentum tonight?
Plenty. Shockingly, even after the 'Canes second goal, which should have been a hammer shot, the Habs gave it a good go.

Quote:
Did we form any good scoring opportunities on the Powerplay?
Some, although the first couple were atrocious. There needs to be some adjustments made there. This is where lack of a Koivu is more obvious.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:42 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy2000
I think it's a result of how easy the goals were coming in the first few games. They haven't been willing to do the hard work that is required to score goals. They are still trying to score the easy ones they were getting at the start of the series. It's almost a microcosm of the regular season. A good start that was followed by a poor middle. Hopefully this series, much like the regular season, has a strong finish.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
canada_habs2006

Carolina really is a bad team, period. They constantly struggle to beat us, all three wins coming by one goal, and with lucky calls, and powerplay goals.

i will really feel better if Ottawa can sweep Carolina, put it right in their faces that they suck.

man i hate rob brindamour

Old
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1
Downey was a placeholder. A way for Gainey to roll a 4th line if he needed to and someone to bench if he needed to double-shift Kovalev, which he did.

Old
04-30-2006, 10:44 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2006
i will really feel better if Ottawa can sweep Carolina, put it right in their faces that they suck.
No Ottawa for them. If they win, they'll be off a 6- or 7- game series, and facing rested, scorching-hot Devils coming off a sweep and 15 straight wins. Owie.

Conversely, if the Habs win, they'll be off of a 7-game series against a rested Sens team.

Old
05-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Teufelsdreck

Who Puts The Kryptonite In Ribeiro's Water Bottle Before Every Playoffs?

Old
05-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Markimark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
Bouillon is one of the few who works his butt off every shift.

Like I said the series is not over, the real players will have one more shot at proving themselves in the 6th game. It's far from over, every team has to face adversity during the playoffs and if guys like Bulis and Ribeiro crumble after only this then they deserve not to play.
He just looks like he's working harder cause he's a smurf.

Old
05-01-2006, 12:08 AM
WoodGundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2006
Carolina really is a bad team, period. They constantly struggle to beat us, all three wins coming by one goal, and with lucky calls, and powerplay goals.

man i hate rob brindamour
A bad team can't go 52-22-8 for 112 pts and that's with mailing it in for the last 2 months because they had nothing to play for.

They're not great now though. I'll give you that. I'd also agree that the winner of this series is in tough next round.

Closed Thread