Notices

Columbus-Calgary....

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 09:07 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Columbus-Calgary....

Well Flames won 3-0 (Leopold (2), Donovan (en))

I hear we dominated and coulda had more had Denis been not so spectacular (robbed Iggy a few times apparently), Anybody go to this game or see it on TV?

Old
11-02-2003, 02:51 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Well Flames won 3-0 (Leopold (2), Donovan (en))

I hear we dominated and coulda had more had Denis been not so spectacular (robbed Iggy a few times apparently), Anybody go to this game or see it on TV?

From a Bluejackets standpoint it was really hard to watch. Denis stole what pride (if any) Columbus went in there with last night. The Bluejackets were in the game until that empty netter by Donovan. Doug MacLean scratched Lasse Pirjeta, who had like half his point total last year against the flames. I knew we'd have trouble when I heard Turek wasn't going to be playing, we always seem to play better when Turek is in the nets, Then again, we didn't give McLennan too much to do last night. Very anemic offense and lackluster defense = Bluejackets throughout their 4 year history on the road and a home team victory.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:44 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Anybody go to this ame or see it on TV?
Yep. NHL Center Ice featured the Bluejackets broadcast team. It's always interesting to hear different perspectives on the Flames.

Sutter's system for reducing shots, especially scoring opportunities, seems to be taking effect. Although defeating Columbus might not appear to be a huge victory on the surface, losing to them has proven costly in the past. The last few seasons, the Flames would go and produce decent efforts against Dallas, Detroit and Colorado, and then look lost against Columbus and Minnesota. Let's hope this is the start of a trend: winning the game against teams they're supposed to beat.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
By far and away a dominating prefromance from the entire team last night. A near flawless victory. Everyone was going 110%, they won nearly every battle along the boards and in the corners, the special teams were great, and again, the defence made life very easy for Jaime , with very few quality scoring opportunities. If the Flames play like that every night, they will win a lot of hockey games......

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
11-02-2003, 09:08 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Gotta give a "hats off" to the Flames. Lookin' good....
It is interesting to hear another city's commentators view of your team, and educational as well. Although, when you're a Columbus fan, there's probably not much to hear about....:mad:

Old
11-02-2003, 10:09 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Although, when you're a Columbus fan, there's probably not much to hear about....:mad:
Don't be so pessimistic. The future doesn't look nearly as bad for the Bluejackets as their uniforms. Rick Nash will develop into one of the top power forwards in the league. Rotislav Kesla is going to be a star defenseman, and you can just bet that the Avs would feel a lot more confident with Marc Denis in net over David Aebischer.

Old
11-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
I was at the game.

It was a disgrace from our end.

Hats off to the Flames though, they executed their system flawlessly.

Closed Thread