HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

My ratings for game 5

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2006, 04:12 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
My ratings for game 5

Scale: 1-10

Bulis 4 (brutal tonight, hope Gainey put Kostitsyn in instead)
Ribeiro 4.5
Kovalev 8 (considering he is seriously injured)
Ryder 4.5 (bad...bad..)
Begin 7
Higgins 6.5 (was much more dynamic tonight but made some bad passes)
Bonk 4 (by far the worst foward of both teams.. I just dont understand why he play without any emotion right now.. Looks quite lazzy while he was solid in the first 3 games of the serie)
Plekanec 7
Perezhogin 6.5
Zednik 8.5 (our best foward tonight, the real Zednik is definitively back)
Murray 7 (great game for Murray)
Downey not noticeable enough

Bouillon 7
Dandeneault 8.5
Komisarek 6.5
Souray 6 (hope Gainey uses him as trade asset this summer)
Rivet 8
Markov 6

Old
05-01-2006, 04:43 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Zednik has been our best forward since game 3..I had lost all hope in him but he has really impressed me in the last 3 games.

Although he isnt putting up alot of points, he is flying on the ice and at least trying to creat something in the offensive zone.

Old
05-01-2006, 06:35 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
Zednik has been our best forward since game 3..I had lost all hope in him but he has really impressed me in the last 3 games.

Although he isnt putting up alot of points, he is flying on the ice and at least trying to creat something in the offensive zone.
I will tell you this.
Zednik has earned his job for next year.
It's Bulis that has not and he with others are gone for next year.

Ribs ? well he worked hard again but what it has proved is, his best effort is just not good enough to be the everyday second centre. What will Gainey do with him? As a spare part centre at 1 mil I would be happy.
The Habs have needed a 2nd top centre all year and without one it's bitting the Habs right in the behind now.

With more kids coming up next year to replace the players that will be left behind, Gainey must address just two things, A top Centre and a good PP D-man to give Markov a break for the other side.

Gainey has a war chest for the off season, Charra would be nice

Old
05-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Fozz

I think we have to realize once and for all that Ryder, Bulis, Markov and, to a certain extent, Ribeiro are simply not playoff performers. Especially Ryder, who's been brutal again this year.

Old
05-01-2006, 07:31 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
As a spare part centre at 1 mil I would be happy.
Isn't that exactly what they're paying him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
Gainey has a war chest for the off season, Charra would be nice
Ottawa will retain Chara, which is good because I think I'd rather have Redden. I think he's better on the PP.

Mind you, Redden can write his own ticket and won't come cheap.

Old
05-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Cariboux

I want changes for game 6 because we have nothing to lose. Out : Bulis, Bonk or Ribeiro

In : Kostitsyn and Lapierre. They are rookies but at least I know they are going to work hard.

Old
05-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan
Ottawa will retain Chara, which is good because I think I'd rather have Redden. I think he's better on the PP.

Mind you, Redden can write his own ticket and won't come cheap.
Between Redden and Chara the odds are that Ottawa will sign Redden in most experts minds as he is a better fit all around. Although they may be able to sign both if the cap goes up to 45 mil.

Old
05-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
I want changes for game 6 because we have nothing to lose. Out : Bulis, Bonk or Ribeiro

In : Kostitsyn and Lapierre. They are rookies but at least I know they are going to work hard.
I would be all for putting Kostitsyn on the second line with Ribs and Kovalev and maybe sitting Downey and icing a lineup like this;

Higgins - Begin - Ryder
Kostitsyn - Ribeiro - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Zednik
Bulis - Bonk - Murray

The D shouldn't be changed but I do like that slight change to the forward lines. It's not as great defensively but at least every line has the ability to score.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz
I think we have to realize once and for all that Ryder, Bulis, Markov and, to a certain extent, Ribeiro are simply not playoff performers. Especially Ryder, who's been brutal again this year.
Perahps your memory is too short... Markov was our best player against Boston two years ago. I suspect he is still bottered with this back injury. Has for Ryder he is what he is "Not much if you dont give him the puck at the rigth time at the rigth place", the goal he scored in overtime of the second game makes up for some of is "lack lustre" play. I think he would have done well with a full series with captain K.

To me the weakest point is by far Sheldon Souray, his offensive "prouesque" do not make up for his defensive short comings.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Aarex

Bonk was great, was a force along the boards. I can't remember how many times i saw him go into the corners fight off 2 canes and come out with the puck but it was alot.

Old
05-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96

Zednik needs to learn how to pass. I haven't seen him make more than 1 pass a game. Not good in a team game.

Old
05-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Shabutie

What needs to be done for game 6

1. Perez - Plek - Zednik has to be our first line
2. Bulis either needs to be scratched, or played between Higgins - Ryder
3. Begin cannot center the 1st (nor can Bonk). I love him but he doesn't have enough offensive tools to get Ryder going.
4. Kost needs to be in the lineup...Like it or not, Cam Ward has been un-tested.

Old
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Teufelsdreck

Poor Kovalev. He has to do everything by himself.

Old
05-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Cariboux

One thing is sure : we need offense.

Old
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Breenger

I was very disapointed in Markov last game. He took a shot off the ankle at one point and completely gave up on the play, leading to a golden opertunity for the Huricanes. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that from a defenseman, especially in the playoffs, and I've seen countless defensemen take shots like that and continue skating... even with some ending up having serious injuries. I even remember Brisebois hobbling through a good 45 seconds of a PK after a shot like that during the regular season.

Old
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
One thing is sure : we need offense.
You have that right. I'm so tired of seeing the Habs score 1-2 goals the last few games. We only scored 6 the first 2 games because Gerber was awful.

Old
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Poor Kovalev. He has to do everything by himself.
Ya...poor guy gets paid 4.5m$/year and only has to show up for 20 games. Man I sure wouldn't like to be in his shoes.

Old
05-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Ya...poor guy gets paid 4.5m$/year and only has to show up for 20 games. Man I sure wouldn't like to be in his shoes.
I can't agree with you more.The guy has so much talent I just don't fuc$in understand why he cannot show up to everygame.

Old
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger
He took a shot off the ankle at one point and completely gave up on the play, leading to a golden opertunity for the Huricanes.
The guy crumpled in pain and laid on the ice. There should have been a whistle but it never came.

Markov has not been dominant but I don't blame him for that. It's just part of the weirdness that was the start of that game (Huet was almost decapitated, too) and just chalk it up to more of the 'Canes insolent luck, as if they needed any.

Old
05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan
The guy crumpled in pain and laid on the ice. There should have been a whistle but it never came.

Markov has not been dominant but I don't blame him for that. It's just part of the weirdness that was the start of that game (Huet was almost decapitated, too) and just chalk it up to more of the 'Canes insolent luck, as if they needed any.
You can never bank on a wistle for an apparent injury, especially in a situation like that. The ref was probably as confused as me as to why Markov decided he'd rather lie down on the ice than play hurt for a few seconds while the Hurricanes were on a break.

Last edited by Breenger: 05-01-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread