HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penalties

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
Penalties

Just got back from the bar...damn that was depressing.

Seriously though, the penalties...what the hell? Even Leafs fans there were booing. They thought the refs were Carolina biased. What is going on?

How was the high stick on Markov not called? The interference on the 3rd goal against Huet? What is going on?

Old
04-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Habsurd

Re the stick across markov's face: Almost beyond belief isn't it ! How 2 referees and 2 linesmen can miss that is ........... simply embarrassing to the NHL...at least it should be.

Though I guess we should be gratefull that they actually had the balls to reverse that Car goal late in the 2nd....even though it should've been dissallowed.

Another poster pointed out that on the 3rd Car goal, another Car forward was in the crease w both skates Before the puck was shot back into the crease/net..I can't remem the rule on that but they've been ignoring most crease infractions all season. Too bad they don't follow their own rulebook.

Old
04-29-2006, 12:15 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsurd
Re the stick across markov's face: Almost beyond belief isn't it ! How 2 referees and 2 linesmen can miss that is ........... simply embarrassing to the NHL...at least it should be.

Though I guess we should be gratefull that they actually had the balls to reverse that Car goal late in the 2nd....even though it should've been dissallowed.

Another poster pointed out that on the 3rd Car goal, another Car forward was in the crease w both skates Before the puck was shot back into the crease/net..I can't remem the rule on that but they've been ignoring most crease infractions all season. Too bad they don't follow their own rulebook.
He also made contact with Huet...

Old
04-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
He (Wallin) crashed the net, he skated right into Huet, pushing him deep inside the crease and he stayed there. Brind'Amour scored with Wallin being on top of Huet, clearly interference.

Old
04-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirktondan
He (Wallin) crashed the net, he skated right into Huet, pushing him deep inside the crease and he stayed there. Brind'Amour scored with Wallin being on top of Huet, clearly interference.
IMO, there's a huge problem when a team score while one of their player has his two feet in the goaltender circle...

Old
04-29-2006, 01:01 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
IMO, there's a huge problem when a team score while one of their player has his two feet in the goaltender circle...
Well yeah, how can a goal be allowed when a player deliberately skated there and is preventing the goalie from making an attempt at a save?

Old
04-29-2006, 01:08 AM
MissCanuck

These last 2 games have basically been a farce. And if I hear anymore admiration for stick guru Justin Williams overcoming oh so much to be so big in tonight's game I'mma gonna......!......

GO HABS GO!

Old
04-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCanuck
These last 2 games have basically been a farce. And if I hear anymore admiration for stick guru Justin Williams overcoming oh so much to be so big in tonight's game I'mma gonna......!......

GO HABS GO!
I'd say these last 3 games.

Old
04-29-2006, 01:16 AM
HappyPappy

Wasn't there a high stick on Komisarek too in the 3rd period that wasn't called?
I didn't see the replay and although I was in the last row of the upper deck I'm pretty sure I clearly saw the stick hit Komisarek in the face.

Old
04-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe27
Wasn't there a high stick on Komisarek too in the 3rd period that wasn't called?
I didn't see the replay and although I was in the last row of the upper deck I'm pretty sure I clearly saw the stick hit Komisarek in the face.
There was one on Rivet, I believe it was Stillman, he swung his stick around and hit Rivet on the side of the head. No call, same powerplay that Markov got high sticked.

Old
04-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I think the zebra's are in need of some glasses or something.

Old
04-29-2006, 02:04 AM
NewHabsEra*

I will certainly not blame the refs for the loss this time... It wasnt a great game for the refs but at least they didnt have been a factor on the issue of the game.. We Carolina won cause they played better.

Old
04-29-2006, 02:22 AM
HappyPappy

Quote:
There was one on Rivet, I believe it was Stillman, he swung his stick around and hit Rivet on the side of the head. No call, same powerplay that Markov got high sticked.
Ok that was probably it. I just know it was near the boards in the faceoff circle area and our player (I know it was a D) was facing the boards.

Old
04-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Fergy22

vCash: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCanuck
And if I hear anymore admiration for stick guru Justin Williams overcoming oh so much to be so big in tonight's game I'mma gonna......!......

GO HABS GO!

You are lucky you didn't have to hear the Carolina announcers. They were gushing all game about how tough it was for poor Justin. He had to overcome a lot of adversity to play last night. What a crock. You would have thought he was the one who got injured.

Old
04-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Fergy22

vCash: 222
Quote:
When I saw the play live, it looked like Markov really embellished it. Although the replay showed otherwise, I think Markov has a reputation with referees as a soccer player who takes a dive sometimes and therefore didn't call it.

Old
04-29-2006, 09:03 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy22
You are lucky you didn't have to hear the Carolina announcers. They were gushing all game about how tough it was for poor Justin. He had to overcome a lot of adversity to play last night. What a crock. You would have thought he was the one who got injured.
Poor Justin...what a load of physco babble...Game 5, Justin better keep his head up, it's time to get a HATE on boys...

Old
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

During the game I actually appreciated the officiating. I thought they mostly stayed away from making some of the really cheap calls they could have. Sure, maybe they missed the Markov stick, but personally when a player embellishes like that, I'm not too sorry for them if they don't get the call.

All in all, it was a reasonably officiated game. They let the Habs get one call on the goalie interference, they let the other go the other way, and really, that's all you can hope for when you're that soft around your own net. The call can go either way. It went both ways last night, which was fair.

Mind you, it was too easy for them. Neither the Habs nor the 'Canes did much to make the refs' lives difficult, and hopefully we'll keep them a lot busier next game.

Old
04-29-2006, 09:50 AM
optimus2861

How does one embellish taking the shaft of an opponent's hockey stick right across the bridge of the nose? If the refs thought he embellished it, fine, send him off for unsportsmanlike (and then really be prepared for the cries of "Conspiracy!"). But don't let the high stick go uncalled.

Old
04-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861
How does one embellish taking the shaft of an opponent's hockey stick right across the bridge of the nose? If the refs thought he embellished it, fine, send him off for unsportsmanlike (and then really be prepared for the cries of "Conspiracy!"). But don't let the high stick go uncalled.
Ok, call 2 minutes to each player. That'd be fine with me. The overall impact would be the same as not calling it.

But that's just me saying what I'd do. Has no bearing on what actually happened in the game, where I imagine the refs simply didn't see the stick, and you could never expect them to call a dive/embellishment even if they did. It was either miss the play entirely, which they did, or call a 2-min, in reality. They kind of made up for it by giving us 4 for the stick on Zednik anyway. (P.S. Hedican was really classy, he can come play for us anytime).

Old
04-29-2006, 10:17 AM
8b

The goal that was refused = panality. In fact, Brindamour in habs zone is nearly always penality prone (interferance on goalie) but refs dont call that.. It is about time a habs player show William how to handle a stick.

Old
04-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
They kind of made up for it by giving us 4 for the stick on Zednik anyway.
What are you talking about? You see a high stick and you call it. Make up calls are marginal calls not obvious plays that can cause injuries.

Old
04-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Evil Ted

Watching vancouver play this year todd bertuzzi got goals called back because of his heels being in the top of the crease. the crashing of the net lastnight alone warrented wistles and goals being called back, but there were none, its simple the habs are getting ripped off this series.

Old
04-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
What are you talking about? You see a high stick and you call it. Make up calls are marginal calls not obvious plays that can cause injuries.
In a karmic sense, not in a literal one. The stick to Zednik probably could have been 2 minutes, we got 4. The stick to Markov should have been 2, we got zero. It all evens out... karmically, but not by the intention of the refs.

Old
04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
I hope that Bégin will make Williams suffer this sunday! Bégin's energy is much needed right now and we would be bless if Steve was to return as soon as sunday!

Old
04-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
In a karmic sense, not in a literal one. The stick to Zednik probably could have been 2 minutes, we got 4. The stick to Markov should have been 2, we got zero. It all evens out... karmically, but not by the intention of the refs.
Oh, still I think we should have karma on our side not against us.

Closed Thread