HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Knights vs Petes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2006, 08:57 PM
  #101
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
As for coaching today. He has done a great job. Your attack on that score is not warranted. I have no idea what you are talking about in game #2. I think both coaches were sufficiently fed up with the peculiar calls, and there were quite a few.
You don't know what he's talking about concerning game two? Were you even watching? The whole country saw him act like a fool over legitimate calls. That was part of my "ranting and raving" that you were so quick to comment on yet obviously didn't read.

Ex Storm is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 08:59 PM
  #102
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan85
Good luck to the Petes in Moncton. They played well and congrats to them.
And congrats to the Knights - Looking forward to seeing more of Mason next year, he was amazing in such a pressure position.

As for the referees - they were an absolute joke. I hate the fact that such an important game (and series) was decided based on their horrible calls. As JrHockeyFan said, even the homer Petes announcers were confused by their calls (on at least 4 occassions they thought a Peterborough penalty was being called and then a London player went to the bench and they often couldn't even figure out why). It was ridiculous!
All the fans want to do is see a good game without the refs horning in. The game was not decided by the refs, but they sure got in the way with a lot of really stupid calls. I really want the games to go back to one ref. One good ref who knows what he is doing and makes consistent calls. Two refs breeds some kind of weird alphonse and gaston routine.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:00 PM
  #103
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,790
vCash: 500
The Petes deserved the win, and congratulations to them! Good luck in Moncton!

As far as the reffing goes, there were a lot of calls BOTH ways that weren't called. Little Perry crosschecked Shantz 3 times in a row with no call; and I saw several trips/interference calls that weren't made.

London had a far better year than anyone (including most Knights fans) expected, and they should be proud of their success. Mason has been outstanding, and you can look forward to him in net next year.

Depth won out over one all star line. It's a simple as that.

On a side note, this must feel better to Downie than anyone else in that Pete's dressing room, after London swept Windsor 2 years in a row.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:00 PM
  #104
SwisshockeyAcademy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
What he did a lonnnnnng time ago was definitely wrong. And he definitely paid for it. End of story.

As for coaching today. He has done a great job. Your attack on that score is not warranted. I have no idea what you are talking about in game #2. I think both coaches were sufficiently fed up with the peculiar calls, and there were quite a few.

As for coaching "impressionable" young men? Dylan Hunter is a classy player and is Dale's son.
This is not about Dylan Hunter. leave him out of it. he baited the refs the entire game. Those contact to the head shots were certainly penalties and he was gesturing in a manner that suggested they were not. Just how did Hunter pay for it? His career continued on, and he is now the coach of a high profile OHL team. yes his rep took a beating. It was his conduct on the bench that makes me wonder what goes on behind closed doors. Those two penalties were definitely head shots.

SwisshockeyAcademy is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:10 PM
  #105
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
You don't know what he's talking about concerning game two? Were you even watching? The whole country saw him act like a fool over legitimate calls. That was part of my "ranting and raving" that you were so quick to comment on yet obviously didn't read.
Wasn't that the same game in which you swore Downie was cross checked to the ice before spreaing Martinelli in the groin. You know, spearing. That thing that is so common you see happen two or three times a game.

You "see" lots of things Trippy.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:13 PM
  #106
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Wasn't that the same game in which you swore Downie was cross checked to the ice before spreaing Martinelli in the groin. You know, spearing. That thing that is so common you see happen two or three times a game.

You "see" lots of things Trippy.
So now it didn't happen? Hunter didn't throw fits after Belan was given deserved penalties for blatant head shots? And I wasn't the only one who saw Martinelli take down Downie right before the spear. Just because you think the Knights can do no wrong, it doesn't mean it's actually true. Trying to discredit what I, and A LOT of other people saw, by putting quotes around a word does not really discredit me at all.

Ex Storm is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:23 PM
  #107
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
This is not about Dylan Hunter. leave him out of it. he baited the refs the entire game. Those contact to the head shots were certainly penalties and he was gesturing in a manner that suggested they were not. Just how did Hunter pay for it? His career continued on, and he is now the coach of a high profile OHL team. yes his rep took a beating. It was his conduct on the bench that makes me wonder what goes on behind closed doors. Those two penalties were definitely head shots.
Leave Dylan out of it? So you fret about Dale coach "impressionable young men" but I can't mention that one of those young men who happens to have been raised and coached by him?

How did he pay for it? He got a long suspension with the loss of pay that went with it. Whether it was long enough will always be debatable, but what do you have in mind? The death penalty?

As for being the coach of a "high profile team". How about acknowledging that the Hunter brothers have done a good job finding and training these guys to play well enough to be a high profile team. A team they also happen to own. The man is good at coaching and been very innovative.

So what if he is animated behind the bench? And as for the "head shots" comment, what are you talking about? You are being pretty selective in your choice of seeing these head shots I think. The bigger team of the two is Peterborough, and there were plenty of examples on their part too. Behind closed doors??? Are you Oliver Stone or what?

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:23 PM
  #108
hockeyfan85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Hunter has been voted coach of the year twice in a row, so all those people were wrong? Coaches have many different styles, as though there aren't NHL coaches who do worse? I'd much rather see someone sarcastically make a "dive" motion to the refs than have someone like Gretzky screaming the F word in front of all those kids watching every night.

As for the refs, I do think they played a deciding factor in the game. Not as much by the 3rd period, but definitely in the 1st. Two of the PPGs by Peterborough were scored on questionable penalty calls. And I don't mean it all one-sided either, I agree, Perry should have been called, and other occassions too.

hockeyfan85 is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:31 PM
  #109
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
I will say the same thing I said when Bolland was suspended. 2 games makes perfect sense because it is exactly the same kind of thing.
Except you didn't

Say that,that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
I would not be happy with 2 games

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:37 PM
  #110
SwisshockeyAcademy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Leave Dylan out of it? So you fret about Dale coach "impressionable young men" but I can't mention that one of those young men who happens to have been raised and coached by him?

How did he pay for it? He got a long suspension with the loss of pay that went with it. Whether it was long enough will always be debatable, but what do you have in mind? The death penalty?

As for being the coach of a "high profile team". How about acknowledging that the Hunter brothers have done a good job finding and training these guys to play well enough to be a high profile team. A team they also happen to own. The man is good at coaching and been very innovative.

So what if he is animated behind the bench? And as for the "head shots" comment, what are you talking about? You are being pretty selective in your choice of seeing these head shots I think. The bigger team of the two is Peterborough, and there were plenty of examples on their part too. Behind closed doors??? Are you Oliver Stone or what?
Belan got two penalties in quick succession that Hunter seemed to feel were A-ok. Contact to the head? What contact to the head? A good job training these guys? Schremp. Is he ready to take the next step? Has Hunter prepared him to play in the NHL with two minute shifts where he does little loops and then when the puck comes near him he might go for it? I would say it will take 2 years for the Oilers to get rid of all the bad habits he has picked up under Hunter. I cannot be sure of Hunter's work in the room- any more than you can. I've got some insight into his character though. According to you that does not count. He was docked pay so that means he is cured of the ability to make irrational , stupid decisions with a win at all costs attitude and then go Bobby Clarke on someone if you really have to. I see this is a Hunter love in though so what is the point. he is coach of the year so he must be man of the year too.

SwisshockeyAcademy is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
  #111
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Great job Petes!!!

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:40 PM
  #112
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
So now it didn't happen? Hunter didn't throw fits after Belan was given deserved penalties for blatant head shots? And I wasn't the only one who saw Martinelli take down Downie right before the spear. Just because you think the Knights can do no wrong, it doesn't mean it's actually true. Trying to discredit what I, and A LOT of other people saw, by putting quotes around a word does not really discredit me at all.
For openers, whether Hunter makes faces is irrelevant. You want to make a federal case out of it, go ahead. What does it have to do with anything. Did he make faces? Sure. Whatever. Like that is significant? Is it like telling Potruff to break Perry's wrist and then Potruff actually trying to do it?

Secondly, get a decent recording device and record games so you can actually see how bad you "see" things. Belan's first penalty was for charging and made no contact with the head. It was identical to the hit on Kostitsyn tonite. THE ANNOUNCERS ON SPORTSNET EVEN SAID THE HIT BY BELAN IN OPEN ICE IS NORMALLY CALLED FINISHING A CHECK. They questioned the call too. So the "lot of other people" did not include the guys calling the game.

If you did record the game you would know that it was Tardif knocked to the ice by Martinelli in front of the net. Downie was in the corner. If you can't keep these things straight, be quiet. Unless of course Downie and Tardif exchanged numbers for that game.

In any case, trying to justify a spear to the groin with real or imagined hits before the play is just plain goofy. It's a spear. It's wrong. It was after the period ended. It was not hockey. All this other crap you are throwing out is window dressing.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:40 PM
  #113
SwisshockeyAcademy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan85
Hunter has been voted coach of the year twice in a row, so all those people were wrong? Coaches have many different styles, as though there aren't NHL coaches who do worse? I'd much rather see someone sarcastically make a "dive" motion to the refs than have someone like Gretzky screaming the F word in front of all those kids watching every night.

As for the refs, I do think they played a deciding factor in the game. Not as much by the 3rd period, but definitely in the 1st. Two of the PPGs by Peterborough were scored on questionable penalty calls. And I don't mean it all one-sided either, I agree, Perry should have been called, and other occassions too.
By signalling dive he is giving his team the impression that shots to the head are ok. No problem. gretzky flying off the handle happens every game and could be over a hook at center ice. I am targeting Hunter's attitude towards contact to the head. It is what is causing the most damage in hockey.

SwisshockeyAcademy is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:41 PM
  #114
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
Belan got two penalties in quick succession that Hunter seemed to feel were A-ok. Contact to the head? What contact to the head? A good job training these guys? Schremp. Is he ready to take the next step? Has Hunter prepared him to play in the NHL with two minute shifts where he does little loops and then when the puck comes near him he might go for it? I would say it will take 2 years for the Oilers to get rid of all the bad habits he has picked up under Hunter. I cannot be sure of Hunter's work in the room- any more than you can. I've got some insight into his character though. According to you that does not count. He was docked pay so that means he is cured of the ability to make irrational , stupid decisions with a win at all costs attitude and then go Bobby Clarke on someone if you really have to. I see this is a Hunter love in though so what is the point. he is coach of the year so he must be man of the year too.
What are you babbling about?

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:42 PM
  #115
SwisshockeyAcademy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
I will also say I am sure as hell not here to defend Steve Downie. About one chromosome away from being a career psychopath.

SwisshockeyAcademy is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:42 PM
  #116
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
I will also say I am sure as hell not here to defend Steve Downie. About one chromosome away from being a career psychopath.
Yep.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:43 PM
  #117
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
What are you babbling about?
If you read posts instead of ranting then you might have a clue.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:45 PM
  #118
SwisshockeyAcademy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
What are you babbling about?
I cannot hear you with my Dale Hunter personal power tapes playing in the background.

SwisshockeyAcademy is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
  #119
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
For openers, whether Hunter makes faces is irrelevant. You want to make a federal case out of it, go ahead. What does it have to do with anything. Did he make faces? Sure. Whatever. Like that is significant? Is it like telling Potruff to break Perry's wrist and then Potruff actually trying to do it?
Making faces? He was making diving motions with his hands after two blatant head shots. Bringing up Barr/Pottruff has nothing to do with this argument other than trying to deflect heat from your perfect team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Secondly, get a decent recording device and record games so you can actually see how bad you "see" things. Belan's first penalty was for charging and made no contact with the head. It was identical to the hit on Kostitsyn tonite. THE ANNOUNCERS ON SPORTSNET EVEN SAID THE HIT BY BELAN IN OPEN ICE IS NORMALLY CALLED FINISHING A CHECK. They questioned the call too. So the "lot of other people" did not include the guys calling the game.
Both hits that I'm referring to occurred against the boards. This recording device you keep mentioning would have come in handy in your case. The first one may have been charging (I'm not looking up the boxscore) but he clearly stuck his elbow out and got the guy in the head. The second one was similar except it was on the side boards instead of the end boards. He came flying across the ice and planted the Petes' player's head into the boards. If you think either was in open ice, you're either insane, do not know what "open ice" is, or you're not thinking of the correct hit. After both hits to the head, Hunter made diving motions with his hands. That is just plain ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
If you did record the game you would know that it was Tardif knocked to the ice by Martinelli in front of the net. Downie was in the corner. If you can't keep these things straight, be quiet. Unless of course Downie and Tardif exchanged numbers for that game.
If I'm wrong about who Martinelli crosschecked, it's not a big deal. I never tried to justify Downie sticking him in the junk, merely looking for an explanation that doesn't include "he's a psycho". It seemed logical to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. This is something I'd love to hear from you because you're an awful wrong a lot.

EDIT: And I should add that it doesn't seem logical to spear someone because you got crosschecked, it seemed logical as to why he would seek retaliation. That's the type of player he is. You get him, he'll get you. And it's not always legal.

Ex Storm is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
  #120
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
You can do better than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Except you didn't

Say that,that is.



What I said was this:

Quote:
Contact was made accidentally and some kind of suspension could be justified like high sticking. I would not be happy with 2 games, but it would at least show that consideration was given for all of the factors.
If you are going to quote me, please do it without clipping things and putting it out of context.

I thought 2 games was justifiable and said so. Do you expect somebody to be happy about losing a top player? That is what was said.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-11-2006, 09:57 PM
  #121
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Nice Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Do you expect somebody to be happy about losing a top player?
That wasn't how you meant it. Being happy with the number of games has nothing to do with your personal emotions. It was how pleased or not pleased you were with the decision, which you completely reversed with the Downie incident.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
05-12-2006, 01:46 AM
  #122
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Making faces? He was making diving motions with his hands after two blatant head shots. Bringing up Barr/Pottruff has nothing to do with this argument other than trying to deflect heat from your perfect team.
Oh boy. How awful. Did he actually make . . . DIVING MOTIONS! You want to complain about a coach's behaviour behind the bench (hand gestures no less), but I am not supposed to mention Barr instructing Potruff in a game to break someone's wrist because it has "nothing to do with the argument". Try making some sense for a change



Quote:
Both hits that I'm referring to occurred against the boards. This recording device you keep mentioning would have come in handy in your case. The first one may have been charging (I'm not looking up the boxscore) but he clearly stuck his elbow out and got the guy in the head. The second one was similar except it was on the side boards instead of the end boards. He came flying across the ice and planted the Petes' player's head into the boards. If you think either was in open ice, you're either insane, do not know what "open ice" is, or you're not thinking of the correct hit. After both hits to the head, Hunter made diving motions with his hands. That is just plain ridiculous.
There they are again. Those . . . DIVING MOTIONS! Absolutely unforgiveable.Look Trippy. You keep going on and on about these two extraordinary "head hits" by Belan. Why don't you think back a bit to a certain Guelph player suspended for 5 games this year for driving a London players head into the glass. Then after explaining that you can go back to all this self righteous fixation with these diving motions Hunter and hits by Belan in one game. Guelph holds no high moral ground



Quote:
If I'm wrong about who Martinelli crosschecked, it's not a big deal. I never tried to justify Downie sticking him in the junk, merely looking for an explanation that doesn't include "he's a psycho". It seemed logical to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. This is something I'd love to hear from you because you're an awful wrong a lot.
Go back to your quote. You essentially said Downie did this because Martinelli did that trying to justify the spear. You keep throwing this psycho word around a lot too. All I have said is the guy did something that should not be allowed without getting some kind of punishment to stop him from doing it. It is not acceptable but you want to whitewash it.


Quote:
EDIT: And I should add that it doesn't seem logical to spear someone because you got crosschecked, it seemed logical as to why he would seek retaliation. That's the type of player he is. You get him, he'll get you. And it's not always legal
Like that means anything at all.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-12-2006, 01:52 AM
  #123
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
That wasn't how you meant it. Being happy with the number of games has nothing to do with your personal emotions. It was how pleased or not pleased you were with the decision, which you completely reversed with the Downie incident.
You already quoted me out of context and now you want to tell me what I meant to say? All you can tell me is what you think I meant. And in this particular case you are wrong. Or at the very least you want to twist it around. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did I want him to get suspended? Of course not. Was I happy to see him get suspended? Of course not for the same reason.

Did I think 2 games was justifiable. Yes. That is why I said it first.

Did I think 4 games was too many. Yes. And I explained why after that.

Regarding the Downie decision nothing is "reversed". He should have gotten 2 games just like I thought Bolland should have only gotten two games. That is my position and it is consistent with what I have said.


Last edited by JrHockeyFan: 05-12-2006 at 02:12 AM.
JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
05-12-2006, 02:26 AM
  #124
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Oh boy. How awful. Did he actually make . . . DIVING MOTIONS! You want to complain about a coach's behaviour behind the bench (hand gestures no less), but I am not supposed to mention Barr instructing Potruff in a game to break someone's wrist because it has "nothing to do with the argument". Try making some sense for a change
Again, stop deflecting the argument. You're denying Hunter acted like a fool on national tv, I'm saying he did. Did he or didn't he act like a fool? Other posters as well as on other boards, certainly witnessed the same thing as I. Why is it only you who denies he did such a thing? It's really not even a big deal, it's just the fact that you are disputing how the guy acts. Admit your team isn't perfect.

We're not talking about my team. Start up a "Guelph is a dirtier, more classless team than London" thread and I'll gladly partake in this discussion. You'll also be laughed off the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
There they are again. Those . . . DIVING MOTIONS! Absolutely unforgiveable.Look Trippy. You keep going on and on about these two extraordinary "head hits" by Belan. Why don't you think back a bit to a certain Guelph player suspended for 5 games this year for driving a London players head into the glass. Then after explaining that you can go back to all this self righteous fixation with these diving motions Hunter and hits by Belan in one game. Guelph holds no high moral ground
Again, there's no need to deflect the argument. So a player on my favourite team was suspended for charging a smaller player (in one game, as you say). Does this change what Belan did? Does this make it somehow better or more justifiable in your mind? This is NOT a Guelph thread. How is something that happened a number of months ago, or something that happened a year ago (Barr/Pottruff) to an entirely different team, relevant to the Knights/Petes discussion at hand? Again, admit your team isn't perfect and this would all end. I make observations, you disagree and attack my team. It's not a fixation until you deny these things happen, despite all facts saying they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Go back to your quote. You essentially said Downie did this because Martinelli did that trying to justify the spear. You keep throwing this psycho word around a lot too. All I have said is the guy did something that should not be allowed without getting some kind of punishment to stop him from doing it. It is not acceptable but you want to whitewash it.
If you want to, once again, jump to conclusions about what I mean in a certain post, just to serve some greater purpose that I'm struggling to understand, then go right ahead. I did not intend to justify the spear, because it's absolutely wrong. My intention was to perhaps explain why Downie was possessed to do such a thing in the first place. If Downie wasn't the one who was crosschecked, then I have no effing clue why he did it and I don't care. He's the champion, Martinelli is not. Or will you deny that is true as well?

And my last bit DID mean something, but apparently the English language is lost on you. I was trying to explain that I did not mean to justify the spear, just that I thought he may have done it as retaliation (which does not make it okay...you know, the opposite of justifying it?). Instead, you brush it off like it doesn't mean anything because it MAY suggest that I know what I'm talking about. This of course takes away from your plan to prove me wrong at every corner, despite the facts.

Ex Storm is offline  
Old
05-12-2006, 02:48 AM
  #125
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
If you read posts instead of ranting then you might have a clue.
Okay. Go right ahead and explain what he means by

Quote:
I cannot be sure of Hunter's work in the room- any more than you can. I've got some insight into his character though. According to you that does not count.
Schremp was the second highest scorer in the CHL. According to this guy, he apparently did this through bad coaching, doing little loops, and only going after the puck when it's near him.

People can love Hunter or hate him. But you don't take a team to the level London has been at the last three seasons without knowing what you are doing. And it wasn't through dirty play or tactics. But apparently a couple of penaties by Belan and a few hand gestures by Hunter proves otherwise.

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.