Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Knights vs Petes

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2006, 05:33 AM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Good grief

You hate the knights You hate Hunter. You think he acted like a fool because he made some gestures. All seems consistent to me!

Did he make some gestures. Sure he did and I never denied he did. Why it is a big deal to you? See the first paragraph.

As for the spear. You minimized it. You said Martinelli played it up. You went off on some weird tangent about carnal knowledge with Schremp's mother that the mods cleaned up. You said the spear was "part of his game". Which was probably the most truthful and factual thing you said. By rationalizing his response as retaliatory you are saying he did it because somebody did something to him. Why mention this if you are not trying to excuse it by some degree. Stop kidding yourself already.

Love this paragraph by the way:

Quote:
What really bugs me about fans like you is that the Knights are the most sleazy, manipulative team out there, and you're going to complain about this? Perhaps you didn't see how that idiot of a coach acted all game, imagine him having the balls to call out another team for diving when the two or three biggest divers in league history play or have played for him in the last few years. Or how about Schremp crying like a baby all game (especially after it was over) because things didn't go his way. He was throwing cheap shots behind the play that the camera caught numerous times. Or maybe you'd like to discuss the two deliberate head shots delivered at high speed by Belan that are far more deserving of suspension than the little jab by Downie.
You want to talk deflection

"the little jab by Downie" not as bad as Belan's hits. Is that consistent with this claim:

Quote:
I did not intend to justify the spear, because it's absolutely wrong. My intention was to perhaps explain why Downie was possessed to do such a thing in the first place.
"Do such a thing"? I thought it was "just a little jab".

One minute it's a "little jab" and the next minute it is "absolutely wrong". I thought you said spearing was something you saw a couple of times a game and it was no big deal. Or are you denying that. You are not justifying or excusing Downie. You are explaining (incorrectly) why he did it? LOL make up your mind will ya.

Finally, calling you out on Barr's behaviour is somehow deflecting. You write that paragraph above, and you think nobody can shoot back at you? Well I am saying you are being hypocritical in your complaints about a coach (or team) being sleazy and manipulative when you dodge answering about Barr. You want to dish it out but you want to run and hide when it is Barr instructing a player to break a guy's wrist. You set yourself up for this obvious blind spot you seem to want to maintain.

To paraphrase what you said: What really bugs me about fans like you is that Barr behaved in the most sleazy, manipulative way, and you're going to complain about this?

Time to move on. You are just going to keep hating London and pretend like they do things that Guelph does not. So why bother discussing. You just stick with your hate program.

Old
05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan85
As for the referees - they were an absolute joke. I hate the fact that such an important game (and series) was decided based on their horrible calls. As JrHockeyFan said, even the homer Petes announcers were confused by their calls (on at least 4 occassions they thought a Peterborough penalty was being called and then a London player went to the bench and they often couldn't even figure out why). It was ridiculous!
It truly was ridiculous. And even though it shouldn't matter, I can't help but wonder how much of an impact the Knights' attitude had in creating some of those calls. Say what you will, but Hunter himself, Schremp, the Knights have a bit of a history of acting and speaking very disrespectfully towards the officials. Maybe it all caught up with them in Game #4?

I do hope the OHL does something to address the officiating concerns for next season. They created a monster this year. The NHL created a process (which sometimes causes problems and makes for ugly games). But the OHL couldn't seem to find the right balance, and the number of problematic ugly games was much higher than in the NHL.

Old
05-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
You want to talk deflection

"the little jab by Downie" not as bad as Belan's hits. Is that consistent with this claim:
Why can't a little jab, that occurs quite frequently, still be wrong? I don't understand that logic. Slashing, hooking, roughing etc. happen all the time, but they're not too serious and they're also against the rules. So what's the difference?

There is a difference between what I was deflecting towards, and what you were deflecting towards. I repeat, this is the Knights vs. Petes thread. You made some claims about Downie, I made some claims about Hunter. That seems to be on topic to me! What isn't on topic is going on about something a coach of an entirely different team said over a year ago, that I'm sure you were witness to because you obviously know exactly what words were said.

The point was, stay on topic. As I said, if you want to ***** and moan about something completely irrelevant to this topic, create a new one!

Shoot back at me all you want, but this discussion has nothing to do with the Guelph Storm. Just because they are my favourite team in the OHL, it doesn't mean I'm somehow "not allowed" to discuss other teams in the league, nor does it make me hypocritical to discuss certain issues within their proper context. It's not hypocritical of me to make comments about Dale Hunter because I'm not Dave Barr anyway! Was I the one who said "go break someone's wrist"? Absolutely not. I discussed that issue a year ago when it was relevant. I am now discussing the current issue of Dale Hunter's behaviour. Talking about Dale Hunter does not make me a hypocrite, no matter how many times you say it.

Speaking of behaviour, what happened with Schrempy last night? I'd like to hear you try to defend him this time.

And what is this **** about his mother? Did you just make something up to try to make me look bad?

Old
05-12-2006, 04:19 PM
MikeyMagic

Send a message via MSN to MikeyMagic
I not going to argue about Downie, officiating or Dale Hunter because it's just getting ridiculous. The only non disputable fact is that the Peterborough Petes are the 2005/06 OHL Champions and I'm really happy and proud of the team and wish them the best of luck in the Memorial Cup.

Old
05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Boomhower

Rob Schremp is a disgrace to the London Knights, that's all I'll say about the Knights.

Congrats to the Petes, I will be pulling for them in the Mem Cup. Represent the OHL well and keep the cup with the OHL.

Old
05-12-2006, 11:16 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Rob Schremp is a disgrace to the London Knights, that's all I'll say about the Knights.
He got called up, so he's an Oiler now.

Perhaps we can put this series behind us, the better team won and it's over.

Old
05-13-2006, 12:29 AM
knight44

what did schremp do, he got 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties at the end of the game.

Old
05-13-2006, 10:29 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight44
what did schremp do, he got 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties at the end of the game.
Yelled at the refs/Petes, shot a puck at the Petes' bench, tossed a water bottle at the refs. I don't know if he was ordered off the ice or chose to go, but he wasn't out there for handshakes.

An incredibly stupid series of moves. On the record, his last moment as an OHLer was getting a gross misconduct. It doesn't take away from the successes he had in the OHL, but it could leave a lasting impression with fans who didn't watch him regularly.

The kid has talent - here's hoping he can learn good sportsmanship next.

Old
05-13-2006, 03:19 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
An incredibly stupid series of moves. On the record, his last moment as an OHLer was getting a gross misconduct. It doesn't take away from the successes he had in the OHL, but it could leave a lasting impression with fans who didn't watch him regularly.
Honestly the knights will always have their haters no matter what they do. It's been like that for many years. Guys like trippy will always be around to ***** and moan no matter what happens. What it comes down to is 99 percent of us knights fans really don't care (outside of Jrhockey of course). It's little more than background noise and it seems like Hunter & co. feel the same way we do. All that matters to me is they are winners now. If more opposition fans were like you I might care how the knights win & lose but that's just not the case.

As far as i am concerned what Schremp did wrong was not firing the puck at the refs. I bet more than a few agree with me

Old
05-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Honestly the knights will always have their haters no matter what they do. It's been like that for many years. Guys like trippy will always be around to ***** and moan no matter what happens. What it comes down to is 99 percent of us knights fans really don't care (outside of Jrhockey of course). It's little more than background noise and it seems like Hunter & co. feel the same way we do. All that matters to me is they are winners now. If more opposition fans were like you I might care how the knights win & lose but that's just not the case.

As far as i am concerned what Schremp did wrong was not firing the puck at the refs. I bet more than a few agree with me
I don't usually ***** and moan, only when JrHockeyFan makes the Knights out to be angels. Otherwise, I could really care less.

And just as a heads up, the Knights are no longer "winners".

Old
05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

You and I will have to agree to disagree - I don't honestly know whether I'd continue cheering for Kitchener if they brought in a Hunter-type coach. I have zero respect for the man (I do have respect for the job they did to build that team) and I'd be as disgusted with Schremp as a lot of London fans are. I think Schremp is a complete *******... a talented one, but still an *******.

Old
05-13-2006, 04:40 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I don't usually ***** and moan, only when JrHockeyFan makes the Knights out to be angels. Otherwise, I could really care less.

And just as a heads up, the Knights are no longer "winners".
They're winners, make no mistake. They made it to the OHL championship and finished first in the regular season despite nobody thinking they would. You don't have to finish first every year to be a winner.

Old
05-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
They're winners, make no mistake.
I guess I made a mistake?

Old
05-13-2006, 04:45 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
I think Schremp is a complete *******... a talented one, but still an *******.
I'll agree with you on that at least - even he might agree

That being said our polite guys stood around and watched Peterborough win while our ******* did everything he could to prevent it. What will linger in my memory a few years down the road is Schremp giving his all one last time while the other remnants of last years dynasty going away meekly. A few more attitudes like Schremps and the knights would still be playing.

Old
05-13-2006, 04:48 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I guess I made a mistake?
Are you going to be calling Peterborough losers if they don't win the memorial cup? I won't. This year peterborough were winners in my book, but so were a few other teams that went as far as they could with what they had.

I should also add a "thank you" for reminding me why I'm better off leaving your posts as "background noise"

Last edited by thomasincanada: 05-13-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Are you going to be calling Peterborough losers if they don't win the memorial cup? I won't. This year peterborough were winners in my book, but so were a few other teams that went as far as they could with what they had.

I should also add a "thank you" for reminding me why I'm better off leaving your posts as "background noise"
Sorry, I just found it as an odd thing to say. Every team wins games, does that make them all "winners"? I just misunderstood what you said because you said they are "winners now", I guess you just meant they're winners in your eyes and that's cool.

And I guess I should "thank you" for showing your true colours. I thought you were a poster I could take seriously, instead you insult what I have to say as if your opinion is so much better than mine.

Old
05-13-2006, 05:29 PM
hockeyfan85

Quote:
You and I will have to agree to disagree - I don't honestly know whether I'd continue cheering for Kitchener if they brought in a Hunter-type coach. I have zero respect for the man (I do have respect for the job they did to build that team).
Do you even know the man. How can you have zero respect for someone as a coach based solely on the few times he is shown on camera/quoted in the media.

Not that he cares what anyone says about him anyways, because he would rather have people pick on him than any of the guys on the team, but seriously...

And for the record I think the knights should be considered winners because they far exceeded their own (and many others) expectations.

Old
05-13-2006, 05:59 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan85
Do you even know the man. How can you have zero respect for someone as a coach based solely on the few times he is shown on camera/quoted in the media.
No, I can't say I've ever met him. But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

I didn't have a chance meet Martin Luther King, but I respect the man. How can I say that? By his actions.

Just in case you weren't aware, I've watched Dale behind the bench since he arrived - in person, as well as on television. TV doesn't show the half.

You obviously feel he's a wonderful human being. That's your right. I feel he's an ***. That's my right.

Old
05-13-2006, 07:58 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
No, I can't say I've ever met him. But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

I didn't have a chance meet Martin Luther King, but I respect the man. How can I say that? By his actions.

Just in case you weren't aware, I've watched Dale behind the bench since he arrived - in person, as well as on television. TV doesn't show the half.

You obviously feel he's a wonderful human being. That's your right. I feel he's an ***. That's my right.
Indeed.

Closed Thread