HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torres-York-Dvorak

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 09:41 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Torres-York-Dvorak

I just wanted to say that I thought this line was the first star. Not any of them as individuals. They seemed to mesh perfectly. They looked like they were all old line-mates and new how to use the other. Gotta love Torres' hands on his goal - showed excellent finish. I think the people in Long Island who had him pegged as at most a decent third liner some day are going to be proven terribly wrong. I see this kid as a great complimentry first line player. Adds grit and emotion and heart, but his skill level is easily high enough to be able to play with the big boys.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:44 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I just wanted to say that I thought this line was the first star. Not any of them as individuals. They seemed to mesh perfectly. They looked like they were all old line-mates and new how to use the other. Gotta love Torres' hands on his goal - showed excellent finish. I think the people in Long Island who had him pegged as at most a decent third liner some day are going to be proven terribly wrong. I see this kid as a great complimentry first line player. Adds grit and emotion and heart, but his skill level is easily high enough to be able to play with the big boys.
and a mean streak as well, wait till he gets confident and really starts pissing people off, you think we hate Morrow, someday, some team will dispise Torres (I really hope it's Dallas or Vancouver).

Old
11-01-2003, 09:47 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
and a mean streak as well, wait till he gets confident and really starts pissing people off, you think we hate Morrow, someday, some team will dispise Torres (I really hope it's Dallas or Vancouver).
I was shooting the ***** with my brother, and we were talking about Torres and other ***** disturbers, and came to the conclusion that if we could EVER trade for Tootoo - we'd be able to have the most hated... no, that isn't harsh enough - LOATHED line in the history of the NHL.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:50 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I was shooting the ***** with my brother, and we were talking about Torres and other ***** disturbers, and came to the conclusion that if we could EVER trade for Tootoo - we'd be able to have the most hated... no, that isn't harsh enough - LOATHED line in the history of the NHL.
Maybe we could also get Tucker and throw them all out together, see what happens, I would predict bench clearing brawls if these three ever played on the same team!

Old
11-01-2003, 09:53 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
Maybe we could also get Tucker and throw them all out together, see what happens, I would predict bench clearing brawls if these three ever played on the same team!
Tucker is stupid and disrespectful. Refs hate him, and he is brutal for taking bad penalties (like most of the Leafs). I would consider for a nano-second cheering for somebody else if they ever traded for that low-life puke. He's dirty, and he is nothing but a distraction to his team.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:35 AM
theoil

What's funny is that in the pre-season McTavish had Chimera-York-Dvorak together and they looked terrible together. I think that York and Dvorak are going to be awesome together.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:56 AM
Obsessed

That line was easily the best line on the ice out of both teams last night. Thats some pretty lofty company to be compared to. Dvo was a force, Torres could have been first star beating out the icing which led to the tying goal plus adding a goal and an assist as well York was out hustling everyone on the ice to loose pucks and could have had the game winner...

Cant wait to see them again against the Habs.

Closed Thread