HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

EC: Division Finals: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (E1) vs Hershey (E2)

Old
05-01-2006, 03:15 PM
HockeyGoddess

vCash: 500
EC: Division Finals: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (E1) vs Hershey (E2)

East Division -- Series "J" (best-of-7)
E1-Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins vs. E2-Hershey Bears
Game 1 - Thu., May 4 - at Wilkes-Barre, 7:05 (Hershey 5, Wilkes-Barre 4)
Game 2 - Sat., May 6 - at Wilkes-Barre, 7:05 (Hershey 5, Wilkes-Barre 0)
Game 3 - Sun., May 7 - at Hershey, 5:00 (Hershey 4, Wilkes-Barre 1)
Game 4 - Tue., May 9 - at Hershey, 7:00 (Hershey 1, Wilkes-Barre 0)
*Game 5 - Fri., May 12 - at Wilkes-Barre, 7:05
*Game 6 - Sun., May 14 - at Hershey, 7:30
*Game 7 - Tue., May 16 - at Wilkes-Barre, 7:05

* if necessary

Hershey wins series 4-0.

Last edited by HockeyGoddess: 05-10-2006 at 10:23 AM.
HockeyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Rumblick

Should be a great series. Hope I can make all 6 games (I'd love to win this thing on home ice) .

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 09:35 AM
The Viking Fury

Game 2 was great. I need to get a Bears jersey so I can stop wearing my Ovechkin jersey though. I'm thinking of Robitaille...

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
The Viking Fury

3-0 series lead for the Bears! Jeff Schultz gets his first AHL/Professional goal, and in the playoffs no less.

Old
05-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury
3-0 series lead for the Bears! Jeff Schultz gets his first AHL/Professional goal, and in the playoffs no less.
Yeah I live in hershey and hope they make the finals so i can watch them play the Moose

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 07:21 AM
pelts35.com

Hopefully the brooms will be out on Tuesday night to sweep the Pens out of the playoffs!

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedin33
Yeah I live in hershey and hope they make the finals so i can watch them play the Moose
The Moose is the only team still alive that the Bears would have home ice against.

First, of course, is to finish off the Pens and see who's next.

Old
05-08-2006, 10:43 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
The Moose is the only team still alive that the Bears would have home ice against.

First, of course, is to finish off the Pens and see who's next.
Most likely Portland since I don't see Hartford winning 2 on the road, making for an interesting storyline since Portland was the Caps AHL affiliate last season.

If, somehow Hartford can manage 2 wins on the road, the fact that game 7 is in Hartford due to the circus scheduling, certainly gives them an edge.

Old
05-09-2006, 07:48 AM
pelts35.com

Dango,

I'm thinking about making the drive up to Hershey. The game isn't sold out, is it?

Old
05-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Rumblick

Not likely. If you're buying tix at the door, though, get there very early. I showed up at game time the other night and the line was out to the parking area.

Old
05-09-2006, 12:40 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
Not likely. If you're buying tix at the door, though, get there very early. I showed up at game time the other night and the line was out to the parking area.
Thanks for the info. Now I'm just debating if I should bring my camera or not. Something tells me that this game could get rather chippy if Hershey gets a 2 or 3 goal lead early.

Old
05-09-2006, 09:12 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Break out the Brooms!!

Bears win 1-0 and the series 4-0!

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2006, 11:19 PM
The Viking Fury

So hershey people, who do we want to face next? Hartford or Portland? I'm thinking Portland since all their guys are up in anaheim right now.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:59 AM
pelts35.com

What a great game. For those people that say that 1-0 games are boring should have watched last night's game. It was full of action, hits and great saves. And, to make it even better, the Pens were swept out of the playoffs.

Fury, why would you think that Portland will win if some of their players are in Anaheim? Isn't that a disadvantage? That said given the series lead and game 6 being in Portland, they "should" win. However, if Hartford can manage to win game 6, they have the advantage going back to Hartford for game 7.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:30 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury
So hershey people, who do we want to face next? Hartford or Portland? I'm thinking Portland since all their guys are up in anaheim right now.

The only player in Anaheim Viking is Penner, no one else

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
The only player in Anaheim Viking is Penner, no one else
In addition to Penner, Getzlaf and Perry were on the Pirates' clear day roster, but are with Anaheim right now; of course, Perry is hurt last I heard.

And some reports indicate Konopka may get called up because of Hedstrom's departure to Sweden although seems to me they would wait since Moen has been playing and the Ducks have an impressive series lead at the moment.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 10:03 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
In addition to Penner, Getzlaf and Perry were on the Pirates' clear day roster, but are with Anaheim right now; of course, Perry is hurt last I heard.

And some reports indicate Konopka may get called up because of Hedstrom's departure to Sweden although seems to me they would wait since Moen has been playing and the Ducks have an impressive series lead at the moment.
Perry replaced Hedstrom sk, Getz and Perry do not count against Portland's roster until Anaheim is done---remind you only Anaheim is still playing of those teams remaining in the Calder.

Old
05-10-2006, 10:17 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
Perry replaced Hedstrom sk, Getz and Perry do not count against Portland's roster until Anaheim is done---remind you only Anaheim is still playing of those teams remaining in the Calder.
Sk8 is just saying that Portland wont have as many threats as they would if the Ducks were not still going in the playoffs. If Anaheim would have lost in the 1st round, Portland would have Penner, Perry, and Getzlaf in the line up right now.

They don't.

Better for whoever is playing Portland.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 11:25 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout
Sk8 is just saying that Portland wont have as many threats as they would if the Ducks were not still going in the playoffs. If Anaheim would have lost in the 1st round, Portland would have Penner, Perry, and Getzlaf in the line up right now.

They don't.

Thanks Strung I made the comment in response to CHRDANHUTCH's inaccurate "shakehead" post that Penner was the only one in Anaheim that could be helping the Pirates if Anaheim was done.

If Anaheim gets eliminated before Portland, Getzlaf, Penner, and Perry (if healthy) will return to the Pirates.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Rumblick

General view of Bears fans:

For convenience, we'd rather play Hartford.

For tourism, we'd rather go to Portland.

From the hockey standpoint, it's Portland if Anaheim keeps winning; Hartford if the Avs can come back (yeah, I know - fat chance )

Old
05-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Rumblick

Most of the scuttle says the next series may very well be a 2-4-1 again. I may have to take out a loan if we get 4 consecutive games in Portland.

Old
05-10-2006, 12:27 PM
bmoak

Don't have time to dig for a cite right now, but I read somewhere a statement from someone in the Ducks/Pirates organization (Dineen perhaps?) saying that even if the Ducks are eliminated, Getzlaf and Perry would not be returned to Portland, as they are considered Ducks by the organization.

At the time the Clear Day Rosters were announced, Anaheim hadn't clinched a playoff spot yet, so the team was hedging their bets, just in case, as it would be better for Getzlaf and Perry to play for the Calder Cup than hit the golf course without experiencing playoff action.

While the Pirates are missing players due to the Ducks run, the Pack are missing players due to injury. Namely, their All-Star netminder (Montoya) and three of their starting D (Lampman, Baranka, Taylor). Oddly enough, they have so much depth at forward they can sit AHL studs like Smyth and 1st round picks like Jessiman and Korpikoski.

bmoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
any idea when tix will go on sale? i would imagine after they find oot who they are playin

MassiveHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout

They don't.

Penner was here for the majority of the Providence series, if not all of that series, Strung, if u had paid attention to the Ducks' board u would know that----Getzlaf is a regular now and Perry would be if not hurt---and now with Hedstrom gone, Perry is the logical choice to fill that role.

Care to explain why an 80% increase in goal production over a Capitals organization who preached what and did what in Portland.

2004-05: 147 Goals as a team

2005-06: 303 goals and added 41 thus far

Penner, btw, was recalled due to an injury to Fedoruk, who is along w/ Moen playing w/ Getzlaf, which was the 4th line in Game 3.

Last edited by CHRDANHUTCH: 05-10-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old
05-10-2006, 01:07 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
Don't have time to dig for a cite right now, but I read somewhere a statement from someone in the Ducks/Pirates organization (Dineen perhaps?) saying that even if the Ducks are eliminated, Getzlaf and Perry would not be returned to Portland, as they are considered Ducks by the organization.

At the time the Clear Day Rosters were announced, Anaheim hadn't clinched a playoff spot yet, so the team was hedging their bets, just in case, as it would be better for Getzlaf and Perry to play for the Calder Cup than hit the golf course without experiencing playoff action.

While the Pirates are missing players due to the Ducks run, the Pack are missing players due to injury. Namely, their All-Star netminder (Montoya) and three of their starting D (Lampman, Baranka, Taylor). Oddly enough, they have so much depth at forward they can sit AHL studs like Smyth and 1st round picks like Jessiman and Korpikoski.
Korpikoski did play in the last game, though bmoak, fyi.