HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

EC: Division Finals: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (E1) vs Hershey (E2)

Old
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
Don't have time to dig for a cite right now, but I read somewhere a statement from someone in the Ducks/Pirates organization (Dineen perhaps?) saying that even if the Ducks are eliminated, Getzlaf and Perry would not be returned to Portland, as they are considered Ducks by the organization.

At the time the Clear Day Rosters were announced, Anaheim hadn't clinched a playoff spot yet, so the team was hedging their bets, just in case, as it would be better for Getzlaf and Perry to play for the Calder Cup than hit the golf course without experiencing playoff action.

While the Pirates are missing players due to the Ducks run, the Pack are missing players due to injury. Namely, their All-Star netminder (Montoya) and three of their starting D (Lampman, Baranka, Taylor). Oddly enough, they have so much depth at forward they can sit AHL studs like Smyth and 1st round picks like Jessiman and Korpikoski.
Interesting, thanks for the info about the comments on Getzlaf and Perry;

The Bears are facing a similar dilemma in terms of depth at forward and looking for bodies on defense.

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Hedstrom hasn't played since game 3 of the first round, and Konopka was the one called up to take his place. There is nothing stopping the Ducks from sending Getzlaf and Perry back other than them not wanting to.

Penner was playing with Lupul and Marchant in Game 3.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
Penner was here for the majority of the Providence series, if not all of that series, Strung, if u had paid attention to the Ducks' board u would know that----Getzlaf is a regular now and Perry would be if not hurt---and now with Hedstrom gone, Perry is the logical choice to fill that role.

Care to explain why an 80% increase in goal production over a Capitals organization who preached what and did what in Portland.

2004-05: 147 Goals as a team

2005-06: 303 goals and added 41 thus far

Penner, btw, was recalled due to an injury to Fedoruk, who is along w/ Moen playing w/ Getzlaf, which was the 4th line in Game 3.
What the hell are you blabbling about?

All we're saying is the Bears are going to benefit from Perry, Getzlaf, and Penner not being available reguardless of the circumstances of them not being in Portland. I could care less if they are regular Ducks or regular Pirates...I just know the odds of any of the 3 being in Portland are slim as long as the Ducks keep going in the playoffs and that's good for Hershey if they play Portland in the next round.

As for your little comment about goal increases from this year to last, Im not sure how that is realitive to this discussion, but how about waiting to get past the Wolfpack before talking trash.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout

All we're saying is the Bears are going to benefit from Perry, Getzlaf, and Penner not being available reguardless of the circumstances of them not being in Portland. I could care less if they are regular Ducks or regular Pirates...I just know the odds of any of the 3 being in Portland are slim as long as the Ducks keep going in the playoffs and that's good for Hershey if they play Portland in the next round.

As for your little comment about goal increases from this year to last, Im not sure how that is realitive to this discussion, but how about waiting to get past the Wolfpack before talking trash.
If you have read other threads in this forum, trying to reason with him will just result with you having to read more mindless babble regardless of facts. Most sane folks got your point pretty much right away.

Old
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Lupul*

I was sitting behind Cassivi in the 3rd period last night and the Penguins definetly scored. How both the refs and the goal judge managed to miss that is beyond me

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by COTA
I was sitting behind Cassivi in the 3rd period last night and the Penguins definetly scored. How both the refs and the goal judge managed to miss that is beyond me
That's strange. I was also sitting behind Cassivi last night, and I didn't see a goal. One shot clanged off the post, but it was obviously not in.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
That's strange. I was also sitting behind Cassivi last night, and I didn't see a goal. One shot clanged off the post, but it was obviously not in.
The way that puck came out, there was no way it hit any post. Add that to the idea that it hit the back of the net, and you have yourself a goal.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 06:33 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
The way that puck came out, there was no way it hit any post. Add that to the idea that it hit the back of the net, and you have yourself a goal.
Scoreboard.

Old
05-10-2006, 09:30 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye!
Hedstrom hasn't played since game 3 of the first round, and Konopka was the one called up to take his place. There is nothing stopping the Ducks from sending Getzlaf and Perry back other than them not wanting to.

Penner was playing with Lupul and Marchant in Game 3.
Wrong, Bullseye, Zenon is still in Portland according to sources within the Anaheim board and a season ticket holder confirms that Z is still here.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 09:38 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:

What exactly are you doing talking trash about Portland while Boudreau and the Bears go stale, Strung, think about that

the only person coming back is Penner, Getzlaf & Perry are listed because they spent less than a month here---and neither were expected to be here---if u read the Anaheim boards u would know that also

Not every former Bear prospect played in Portland, remember, Washington could've easily elected to stay put.

Old
05-10-2006, 09:44 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye!
If you have read other threads in this forum, trying to reason with him will just result with you having to read more mindless babble regardless of facts. Most sane folks got your point pretty much right away.
hey Bulls:

read the Anaheim boards would you once in a while, you said Konopka was recalled and I read in our boards that he was still here, so don't u think we'd know who's being recalled before you start posting, ok....

In fact, a Ducks fan posted in their forum that Perry is the logical selection to play if healthy replacing Hedstrom, the only player Anaheim has played regularly is Penner since their Cup run began.

Old
05-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
hey Bulls:

read the Anaheim boards would you once in a while, you said Konopka was recalled and I read in our boards that he was still here, so don't u think we'd know who's being recalled before you start posting, ok....

In fact, a Ducks fan posted in their forum that Perry is the logical selection to play if healthy replacing Hedstrom, the only player Anaheim has played regularly is Penner since their Cup run began.
If anyone has a translator I would like an English translation of that post. Thanks.

Old
05-11-2006, 05:36 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
I was sitting on the goal line and the Pens did not score.

Let's put it this way, given that none of the WB/S players nor coaches made any stink about it, I tend to agree with the ref and goal judge.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 09:08 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I was sitting on the goal line and the Pens did not score.

Let's put it this way, given that none of the WB/S players nor coaches made any stink about it, I tend to agree with the ref and goal judge.

Another set of eyes watching live; it was close, but that was not a goal and I agree, the behavior of the players/bench and refs confirmed that fact.

Old
05-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Rumblick

Quote:
If it had hit the back of the net, I would've agreed. As it didn't (and I was surrounded by WBS fans who agreed it didn't), I stand by the referee's decision.

Old
05-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Rumblick

Quote:
What exactly are you doing talking trash about Portland while Boudreau and the Bears go stale, Strung, think about that

the only person coming back is Penner, Getzlaf & Perry are listed because they spent less than a month here---and neither were expected to be here---if u read the Anaheim boards u would know that also

Not every former Bear prospect played in Portland, remember, Washington could've easily elected to stay put.

He's not talking trash about Portland, Chris. In fact, he's saying Portland will be at a disadvantage by missing those players, so he's actually paying them a compliment.

Speaking of trash talk, your line about Hershey getting stale could be construed that way. It didn't hurt them against Wilkes-Barre.

BTW, Penner alone is enough to scare me. That kid's got some SERIOUS skill.

Old
05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
He's not talking trash about Portland, Chris. In fact, he's saying Portland will be at a disadvantage by missing those players, so he's actually paying them a compliment.

Speaking of trash talk, your line about Hershey getting stale could be construed that way. It didn't hurt them against Wilkes-Barre.

BTW, Penner alone is enough to scare me. That kid's got some SERIOUS skill.
I agree but Getz & Perry weren't here long enough to make too much of a difference; Penner is getting raves in Anaheim, fwiu, Perry is hurt right now but I don't want Hershey to be too flat, I'm sure no one thought it was going to be a 4 game sweep.

All I want is for people to read other boards once in a while or ask those who follow whether you post or not.

Old
05-12-2006, 08:40 AM
sk84fun_dc

Penner played another solid game last night and with Anaheim moving on to the next round, the Bears appear to be safe from his returning to the Pirates. Perry and Getzlaf returning appears to be a moot point, but just because a player played most of the season in the NHL does not mean he could not have an impact during the Calder Cup playoffs - examples, Brooks Laich's contributions in the first two rounds for Hershey or Semin with Portland in 03-04.

Old
05-12-2006, 01:56 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
Penner played another solid game last night and with Anaheim moving on to the next round, the Bears appear to be safe from his returning to the Pirates. Perry and Getzlaf returning appears to be a moot point, but just because a player played most of the season in the NHL does not mean he could not have an impact during the Calder Cup playoffs - examples, Brooks Laich's contributions in the first two rounds for Hershey or Semin with Portland in 03-04.
Laich may have done something for Binghamton, sk, he was acquired from Ottawa.

Semin was still in a contract dispute w/ Washington at the end of 2003 as well.

Perry and Getzlaf and Penner are now solidified from Hershey because Getzlaf is playing a regular shift, we're not expecting a collapse by Anaheim certainly not now, the only reason Carlyle is holding Perry out is chemistry.

Old
05-12-2006, 02:35 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:

Perry and Getzlaf and Penner are now solidified from Hershey because Getzlaf is playing a regular shift, we're not expecting a collapse by Anaheim certainly not now, the only reason Carlyle is holding Perry out is chemistry.

Old
05-12-2006, 03:38 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
I agree

Nothing new and as pointed out by another poster, sometimes it is better to ignore, because it is like to try and have a coherent discussion

Old
05-13-2006, 12:01 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Portland was a Washington affiliate how is Washington fans now

Old
05-13-2006, 12:43 PM
The Viking Fury

Quote:
Portland was a Washington affiliate how is Washington fans now
I can tell you right now, that as a caps fan, I'm feeling pretty good.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2006, 01:12 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:

I thought you were a Portland fan??? Semin played for Portland during the 03-04 Calder Cup playoffs after playing 52 games with Washington and my point was that Laich is playing and contributing for the Bears right now after playing 73 games in Washington this season

Old
05-14-2006, 08:57 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
I thought you were a Portland fan??? Semin played for Portland during the 03-04 Calder Cup playoffs after playing 52 games with Washington and my point was that Laich is playing and contributing for the Bears right now after playing 73 games in Washington this season
Brooks played immediately here while why do I see numerous threads about Semin not playing, reporting etc, sk, we were waiting for Semin to play here and Washington keeps negotiating and promising that Semin will ever play in North America, nobody saw Semin here long enough to form an opinion over the playoff run....

How many threads must I read about Semin on the Capitals' forum----Bears' FANS won't see him even if they do remember him in 2003 .

Portland has moved on, we didn't elect to leave---the Capitals elected to move on.