HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

EC: Division Finals: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (E1) vs Hershey (E2)

Old
05-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Rumblick

vCash: 500
I know I shouldn't feed this, but I just can't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
Brooks played immediately here while why do I see numerous threads about Semin not playing, reporting etc, sk, we were waiting for Semin to play here and Washington keeps negotiating and promising that Semin will ever play in North America, nobody saw Semin here long enough to form an opinion over the playoff run....
There were numerous threads about Semin because he was in the news a lot, and because Caps fans are interested in him.

How many threads must I read about Semin on the Capitals' forum----Bears' FANS won't see him even if they do remember him in 2003 .
There's no rule that says you HAVE TO read any of the "Semin" threads. Besides, why bring Bears fans into this - we already know we wouldn't see someone like him. I know you['ve heard this a thousand times already, but please TRY to stay on topic.

Portland has moved on, we didn't elect to leave---the Capitals elected to move on.
And I thank God for that every day.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2006, 09:20 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
I know I shouldn't feed this, but I just can't resist.

Well, most of us understand the point of the discussion

Congrats to Portland on the series win, next up Portland vs Hershey; something tells me we are going to be a little longer having these discussions

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2006, 12:34 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Series schedule

is a 2-2-2-1, w/ Portland having home ice.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2006, 12:53 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
is a 2-2-2-1, w/ Portland having home ice.
As should be the case, the higher seed is hosting 4 of the 7 games; stinks that Portland lost game 7 again, but the four home games out of the first six did not hurt in the last round.

Go Bears!

Old
05-15-2006, 01:05 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

If the Bears get one of those first 2 in Portland, I say it goes 7.

With game 7 in Chocloate Town!

WHOOOOOOOOO!

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 01:01 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
As should be the case, the higher seed is hosting 4 of the 7 games; stinks that Portland lost game 7 again, but the four home games out of the first six did not hurt in the last round.

Go Bears!
Ya, what are u talking about, sk, it's Giant Center AVAILABILITY that's in question Portland HAS won both series in 6, we're 8-1, YOU haven't seen a game 5 YET

Old
05-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Ya, what are u talking about, sk, it's Giant Center AVAILABILITY that's in question Portland HAS won both series in 6, we're 8-1, YOU haven't seen a game 5 YET
Uh, he is saying it sucks that Portland couldn't host a game 7 even though it's a higher seed. Easier to understand than just about anything out of you.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Rumblick

Quote:

Only partially. I've heard that there are numerous graduation ceremonies at the CCCC, which (combined with the Giant Center problems) caused the schedule to be laid out the way it is.

Not sure what the amount of games played so far has to do with it, but I consider it an accomplishment to be able to decipher 50%.

Old
05-16-2006, 04:52 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Only partially. I've heard that there are numerous graduation ceremonies at the CCCC, which (combined with the Giant Center problems) caused the schedule to be laid out the way it is.

Not sure what the amount of games played so far has to do with it, but I consider it an accomplishment to be able to decipher 50%.
I guess you are becoming bilingual able to understand Hutchinese. Whether or not that is a good thing I'm not quite sure though.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I guess you are becoming bilingual able to understand Hutchinese. Whether or not that is a good thing I'm not quite sure though.

I've had over 8 years of practice.

Old
05-16-2006, 06:22 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:

Well then help me out on the translation, how is Portland 8-1 after playing two 6 game series? I thought they were 8-4.

I have to admit, I thought with the affiliation change, I was done having to decipher Hutch's posts, oh well.

Old
05-17-2006, 09:26 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Well then help me out on the translation, how is Portland 8-1 after playing two 6 game series? I thought they were 8-4.

I have to admit, I thought with the affiliation change, I was done having to decipher Hutch's posts, oh well.
Regardless of the affiliation, he still lives in Portland. Hopefully after Hershey beats them we won't hear too much from him until next season. Or, you can be like me and put him on your ignore list. Serenity now!

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 11:02 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Regardless of the affiliation, he still lives in Portland. Hopefully after Hershey beats them we won't hear too much from him until next season. Or, you can be like me and put him on your ignore list. Serenity now!

I know, I know; just making a comment about my hopes being dashed as a result of the Portland Hershey playoff match-up

Old
05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye!
Uh, he is saying it sucks that Portland couldn't host a game 7 even though it's a higher seed. Easier to understand than just about anything out of you.
We have the option Bullseye, why do u think Hartford was given their home games in the last series first due to the same exact circumstances that Hershey cannot have games 5 & 6 THERE IN Hershey.

Not all Graduations are held in the Civic Center, Dango, fwiu, from reading our thread on the Anaheim site---There seems to be a religious convention that has elected to visit Portland----there are other things in the city besides the Pirates and Sea Dogs when in town.

As for the 8-1 record why has Portland only gone 6 games, and both series we were ahead going into Game 6.

Old
05-17-2006, 02:30 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
UH, Pelts, where does it say that I live there

Old
05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:

Game 6 only sk, and that is on their website

Old
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
UH, Pelts, where does it say that I live there
He's right (and it kills me to say that). He lives in Auburn, Maine. It's not something they're happy about, but it's true.