HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Seeds and Home ice advantage is BS

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
OT: Seeds and Home ice advantage is BS

I was looking at the standing and I realized something very unsual. This year, the top 4 teams in the East gets to the 2nd round. However, if the Flames lose to the Ducks tomorrow, teams from #5 to #8 advance in the West. Is this the first time that something like that would happen? Anyways, I'm cheering for the Flames tomorrow since they are from Canada, but I also like the Ducks!

Last edited by Clumsyhab: 05-02-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Popcorn_Shrimp*

vCash: 500
I also noticed that, and i think it is unsual, however if u look at the teams its not that surprising.

Top 4 in the east are better without question than bottom 4, except in carolina vs montreal, which was close as most people predicted. However montreal had the chance to really put pressure on carolina-by going up 3-0-but they let them back in the series, I dont always agree with him but its like don cherry said when Carolina won game 3, they got going and did not stop.

In the west, its all up and down, detroit can win it all, but sometimes they play so hard in regular season, break all scoring records and then they fall in 1st round. Also keep in mind they had 3 weak *** teams in their division which inflated their point totals. On the other hand Edmonton has a history of killing giants ex. dallas 98. **the season series between edmonton/Detroit I believe was 2-2.

Dallas was the best all round team, but Turco needed to be alot better, basicly he lost the series for them, and everyone knew he has not proven to be a playoff goalie, so no big surprise that he failed again.

San jose would win the series playing against mason or vokoun, the goaltending was not the biggest concern, nashvillle is not a good enough team overall to win this series.

Calgary and Anaheim is obviously the closest series, Calgary has alot of the tools needed but not all, and anaheim is playing well all round they MIGHT be for real this time, and having a super clutch guy like selanne helps without a doubt.

One way to solve this would be to have teams crossover and play against the opposite conferences like they did in the old days. However, in the old days they had alot less teams and the travel time was not as much, nowadays it would definitely not be fair. For example an east coast team (Philadelphia) who just played 6 or 7 games on west coast (Los angeles), and then they have to face a refreshed team in the east.

Any thoughts???????????

Closed Thread