HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 6 GDT: Carolina @ Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Physical HABuse

vCash: 500
We hit a crossbar and a post tonight!! We were that close to game 7!!! After game 2, we had no breaks.....not from the Canes, not from the refs, and not from the hockey gods. Til next year.......it's still better to be a Hab fan than any other wannabe.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watzatheo
how do you guys react after the goal...for some reason i didn't react, just stared at the screen thinking "what the heck was that?".
I told myself... goddamnit its over, not much reaction just sad as hell

Old
05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Now we have a legitimate reason, you got eliminated on the gimpiest OT winner of all time!
dude go away you're giving leafs fans a bad name, the ones i know actually wanted the habs to win.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
aminoj

hey guys

just watched the game on cbc, i thought it was a good, but i was hoping u guys would win. i am a redwing fan, and my team got upset by the oilers last night. so i kinda know how mad/upset u guys are. we both were missing our captain for a few games, but u guys missing your captain maybe cost u the series. im not sure if we would have won with yzerman. but i would like to think we would have.

but right now i bet alot of you are freaking out, and mad....i was so upset last night i shot my cup of tea across my living room......well....heres to hoping to a better season next year,for the canadians, and if u guys wanna trade ryder...come to redwing board....we can chat

Old
05-02-2006, 09:25 PM
emb24*

sorry yes the emergence of murray too - hopefully we can be a top 4-5 next year, make significant strides...
as per the goal, i too was pretty stunned and saddened considering how hard we played..it was a big time flukey goal

Old
05-02-2006, 09:26 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBombay
Me too

Old
05-02-2006, 09:26 PM
HULKOVALEV*

After all the missed chances on Ward and the multiple crossbars and posts, I knew we weren't going to win this game. When a goalie is this lucky and despite shelling him with pucks and he comes out of it alive, it's usually a bad sign and luck is on his side. Always seems to happen with the Habs, how many times have they completelly dominated just to be heartbroken by a ****y goal this season (maple leafs games come to mind)?

Old
05-02-2006, 09:27 PM
emb24*

anyway to all the posters hab fans or not - there's no denying it was a great, great series - both teams worked hard..and in 4 - 1 goal games, we all know, it takes very little for it to go either way. here's to great hockey, albeit freakin' stressful for habfans!!!

Old
05-02-2006, 09:27 PM
BeatsPerMinute

Quote:
Yep, same here...I Dont know why...but I think it was cuz i was waiting for the refs to call a offside or something...reverse the call...

Old
05-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

When the goal went in, I looked at my dad. My dad told me "Ryder made a mistake" (Ryder is his favourite player and he's always talking about how everybody either ignores or talks down Ryder for no reason.)

Then I got up, my dad changed the channel.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:28 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watzatheo
how do you guys react after the goal...for some reason i didn't react, just stared at the screen thinking "what the heck was that?".
I was just, "Aw, rats." At first I thought Huet whiffed it, but then I saw the deflection on the replay.

At least the Flyers went out tonight too, I get a bit of cover from the razzing at work tomorrow.

I hate the first few days after the Habs go out, because you realize it's five months until they even play again, and ten or eleven before the games really start to mean something. Way too long

Old
05-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
i think i would be much more disappointed and sad if the goal was on an odd man rush or a point shot deflected, anything but that goal. i dont know maybe it will hit me thursday seeing that the habs wont play.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:34 PM
digitalmonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
1993 is about as relevant today as 1967.
Congrats on your great playoff run this season.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:35 PM
HULKOVALEV*

waiting for games has become a life style for me, it's all finished now, 5 borring months

Old
05-02-2006, 09:35 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
When the goal went in, I looked at my dad. My dad told me "Ryder made a mistake" (Ryder is his favourite player and he's always talking about how everybody either ignores or talks down Ryder for no reason.)

Then I got up, my dad changed the channel.
As he was lugging the puck through the neutral zone, I was yelling at the TV "dump it in, you've been on too long". As soon as he gave it up I knew in my gut it was going to be over quickly.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:37 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
True but it's not like Koivu was a big time scorer on the team, what did he have a 20 game goaless streak? We actually didn't do to bad with Mats out, we were in a playoff position

That's right!! You were in a playoff position. When was that October 15, 2005???

Old
05-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Twist and Shout

I would come here and gloat after a Habs playoff loss (a playoff year which my team was not a part of), but my father told me never to kick anyone when they're down.

Sorry guys. It's tough. The Habs seemed like they were going to win the series after winning the first two, but Saku got injured and everything went downhill.

Still, there's a lot to take from this season. Markov, Begin, and Higgins are great players, Saku will hopefully be back next season, and maybe Huet will be as solid next season (and if not, you'll still have Aebischer who's a legit #1 goalie).

As to why you've seen Leafs and other fans trolling on this GDT .. it's simple .. if the Habs beat the Leafs in the regular season next season, come and see what some Habs fans say on our boards.

Until next season ..

Old
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned
I guess I was right eh, read custom title.
You'd rather be right and miserable than happy. Classic masochism. You need therapy.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Tough way to go out. Rivet should know better. It was a good season for Montreal to build on going forward. Try to take a few minutes before making any of the famous Hab fan special "World is ending' posts and remember this season for what it was. There are a lot of positives to take from it to next season and beyond.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
You'd rather be right and miserable than happy. Classic masochism. You need therapy.
We're lucky, you and I. We almost got sent south with this wretch.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Madevilz

lol Do you guys think there's a riot in the streets of Raleigh right now?

Old
05-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'm looking forward to next season. The rookies will profit from their playoff experience and there will be new blood. The team will play well for Carbonneau.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Honestly, it sucks to be out so early, but there are some positives. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad, but the boys went out fighting which I guess is all you can ask for. Maybe if Koivu didn't get injured, or maybe if this team got a couple of the right bounces we'd be heading for a date with Ottawa, but that's how sports work.

I take some comfort in the fact that this team went head to head with the number 2 seed in the East and it could just have easily been them moving on.

Next year, I just hope this team continues improving. A top 5 finish in the East should be what they're aiming for. Continued rookie development and some UFA signings could go a long way in reaching that goal.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:58 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Honestly, it sucks to be out so early, but there are some positives. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad, but the boys went out fighting which I guess is all you can ask for. Maybe if Koivu didn't get injured, or maybe if this team got a couple of the right bounces we'd be heading for a date with Ottawa, but that's how sports work.

I take some comfort in the fact that this team went head to head with the number 2 seed in the East and it could just have easily been them moving on.

Next year, I just hope this team continues improving. A top 5 finish in the East should be what they're aiming for. Continued rookie development and some UFA signings could go a long way in reaching that goal.
Exactly what I'm thinking. The Canes won, but they played them even, could've won, you can see the improvement. Losing is one thing, getting outclassed is another.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
Ryder, Bulis, Zednik, Sundstrom, Bonk and Ribeiro SHOULD NOT BE BACK next year. All of these guys are garbage.
With any luck, it will be YOU who won't be back!!!

Closed Thread