HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game 6 GDT: Carolina @ Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2006, 10:01 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Exactly what I'm thinking. The Canes won, but they played them even, could've won, you can see the improvement. Losing is one thing, getting outclassed is another.
Don't lie to yourself, we got out-classed this series. If it wasn't for Gerber this one could of been done in 4 or 5. This team is still as gutless as it has been for the past 10 years... no two ways about it. Disgusting.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:02 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Exactly what I'm thinking. The Canes won, but they played them even, could've won, you can see the improvement. Losing is one thing, getting outclassed is another.
3 Overtime games. This series could have been over quickly for either team and is a testament to how tight the East is this year.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Don't lie to yourself, we got out-classed this series. If it wasn't for Gerber this one could of been done in 4 or 5. This team is still as gutless as it has been for the past 10 years... no two ways about it. Disgusting.
I question your eye sight or hockey knowledge.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:05 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
I question your eye sight or hockey knowledge.
Carolina: Wouldn't throw a body-check or take one if their season depended on it.

Winning response: Awesome, lets make them pay the price every time they touch the puck.

The Habs response: Yesssss... now we can float around for a whole series and not break any nails. Fantastic.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Carolina: Wouldn't throw a body-check or take one if their season depended on it.

Winning response: Awesome, lets make them pay the price every time they touch the puck.

The Habs response: Yesssss... now we can float around for a whole series and not break any nails. Fantastic.
How exactly does that mean the Habs were outclassed? Neither team threw hits.... You could say the exact same thing about Carolina.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:09 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
How exactly does that mean the Habs were outclassed? Neither team threw hits.... You could say the exact same thing about Carolina.
We played the type of game they wanted us to and they beat us at it. That's getting outclassed. Losing to your own devices is another story but that clearly didn't happen this series.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

didn't the habs throw quite a few hits...and most importantly did someone hurt williams in the second period. if so how?

Old
05-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
We played the type of game they wanted us to and they beat us at it. That's getting outclassed. Losing to your own devices is another story but that clearly didn't happen this series.
They played similar styles to one another and one team eked out a win in a 6 game series. I'm sorry, but the Habs suddenly changing the style of play they had all year doesn't make sense. Not suddenly becoming the broadstreet bullies doesn't mean you were outclassed.

You may as well say, "Well, the Habs should have taken advantage of the Canes by scoring more goals."

Old
05-02-2006, 10:16 PM
shaner89

Nice effort from the habs. Carolina was the better team, but the habs played well. Huet was great, but they winner i thought could have easily been stopped. None the less great effort

Old
05-02-2006, 10:17 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
They played similar styles to one another and one team eked out a win in a 6 game series. I'm sorry, but the Habs suddenly changing the style of play they had all year doesn't make sense. Not suddenly becoming the broadstreet bullies doesn't mean you were outclassed.

You may as well say, "Well, the Habs should have taken advantage of the Canes by scoring more goals."
If you think we were anywhere near as physical this series as we were in the regular season since Gainey took over then you're the one in need of an eyesight check-up. We simply have a roster full of gutless pukes who figured they didn't need to play the body against an awfully feminine Carolina team and they were beat because of it. It was the easy way out so obviously the bums that make up our roster took that road.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
If you think we were anywhere near as physical this series as we were in the regular season since Gainey took over then you're the one in need of an eyesight check-up. We simply have a roster full of gutless pukes who figured they didn't need to play the body against an awfully feminine Carolina team and they were beat because of it. It was the easy way out so obviously the bums that make up our roster took that road.
So these same gutless pukes were the ones who were the dominating physical beasts in the regular season?

The only physicality shown during the regular season was the players finally started clearing the crease in front of Huet, and when they tried to do that in this series they always ended up a man short.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Big Mama*

Tough loss. That goal was a real surprise.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
W-T-F?

Old
05-02-2006, 10:46 PM
znk

We should have one the first game 2-1 instead of scoring 6 goals. Then maybe Gerber would have been back for game 3!

Old
05-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Garbs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
To be honest, I don't think the fact that it was tipped matters. It was tipped so early I don't see why it makes a difference. It's not as if Huet was set for it to hit one spot and then it deflected at the last second. It was tipped immediatel.
That's what I don't understand. It's not as if Rivet changed the direction of the shot at all.

05-02-2006, 11:02 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:

Edmonton changed their style too and it worked.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:03 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbs
That's what I don't understand. It's not as if Rivet changed the direction of the shot at all.
It did enough to give the same effect as a catcher expecting a slider while the pitcher throws a fastball. It makes the catcher look like an idiot.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Garbs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
It did enough to give the same effect as a catcher expecting a slider while the pitcher throws a fastball. It makes the catcher look like an idiot.
I don't really think you can compare the two. A pitcher is expecting a certain pitch and placement, whereas Huet doesn't know where it's going. Actually, he should probably be expecting high glove side.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Go Habs Go!

I've been to three playoff games, and the Habs are 0-3 at them. They're due for a win!

(if they lose, I'll appologize)
I'm sorry.

I even had a poutine before the game, too. I don't know what's wrong.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock
Edmonton changed their style too and it worked.
They changed from fast flowing to a trap. That's not the same as going from weak to physical. You may as well ask each player to grow and extra set of arms.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbs
I don't really think you can compare the two. A pitcher is expecting a certain pitch and placement, whereas Huet doesn't know where it's going. Actually, he should probably be expecting high glove side.
A goalie is used to reading where the puck will be by how it leaves the blade of a stick. His reaction starts at that moment. When the puck leaves the stick an unexpected way you have to correct your initial impression and change your motion.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
That goal by recchi was another fluke.
Bégin lost his check on Staal. Staal passed to Recchi, who was left unguarded.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:18 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Started by a nice pass by Dandy right on the stick of a canes player

Old
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Bouillon was there all along. For some reason he tried to play goaltending instead of putting a stick in front of Recchi's which screened Huet and led to the goal.

Old
05-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

That goal had given me game 3 flashbacks. Recchi was checked an only got a weak shot off, and beat Huet short side. Not a good goal, Huet was right on his goal line.

I knew the game was a toss up as soon as it went in. Total momentun shift.

Closed Thread