HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

As expected Nasville quickly out of the playoffs..

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2006, 03:31 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
As expected Nasville quickly out of the playoffs..

Absoluly great on D, pretty solid on the wings, no Vokoun in the net and the worst depth of the NHL at center...

Perreault played 1 playoffs game, 10 min total.

If the Preds can sign 2 solid offensive centers this summer, they are my #1 pick for the first place in the West next year.

Old
05-02-2006, 03:40 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Absoluly great on D, pretty solid on the wings, no Vokoun in the net and the worst depth of the NHL at center...

Perreault played 1 playoffs game, 10 min total.

If the Preds can sign 2 solid offensive centers this summer, they are my #1 pick for the first place in the West next year.
I'm sure they will try for Arnott. Nashville is a great team, but most of their players are under 6'. They are evn smaller than us. Arnott is what they need, but hopefully, we can land him.

Old
05-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Mike8

Nashville's real gritty, though.

Anyway, I doubt they go for Arnott. They've got a skating, tenacious team and system, and Arnott just doesn't fit.

Old
05-02-2006, 04:04 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Nashville's real gritty, though.

Anyway, I doubt they go for Arnott. They've got a skating, tenacious team and system, and Arnott just doesn't fit.
Im not an Arnott fan as well..

Old
05-02-2006, 04:32 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Im not an Arnott fan as well..
Why not? Many Montreal fans want him

Old
05-02-2006, 06:20 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I dont like the way Arnott plays the game, most of the time he is a big floater, does not the little things needed, take bad punitions and I dislike his attitude... Team cancer to me.

I would even considere Lindros before Arnott.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 05-02-2006 at 06:37 AM.
Old
05-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Matrix

There's a centerman who wins all his faceoffs that scored 25 goals this year and didn't play too much in the playoffs, I guess I would take him now instead of Ribeiro....

Old
05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
speed11

Quote:
don't forget they didn't have their best D-man in Zidlicky, they were doomed before the series started, i still tip my hat to them

Old
05-02-2006, 09:22 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
There's a centerman who wins all his faceoffs that scored 25 goals this year and didn't play too much in the playoffs, I guess I would take him now instead of Ribeiro....
Ribeiro: 1m / y
Arnott: will sign at more than 4m/y

How about keeping Ribs?

Old
05-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
It all depends what happens to Vokoun.If Chris Mason is the starter next season they will be fighting for a playoff spot.The Sharks are my early favorite in the west for next season but then again don't forget the Red Wings will play the Hawks,Blues and Jackets 8 times for a total of 24 wins!!!Thats 48 points to start the season!If the Oilers can keep Samsonov WATCH OUT!

Old
05-02-2006, 09:24 AM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD

How about keeping Ribs?
how about dumping one, not signing the other and bringing up Chipchura for third line duties instead?

Old
05-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD

How about keeping Ribs?
Only if he wants to play 4th line!

Koivu
UFA
Plekanec
Ribeiro

Old
05-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1

It depends how much he wants.3 million and more no way the Habs should get him.Hey why not Re-sign Huet,bring up Danis and trade Aebischer to Tampa along with another player and a pick for Lecavalier?If him gonna pay Arnott around 4 million I would rather put another 2 and get a superstar!tampa will wanna keep Richards and Kubina and someones gotta go.Lets not make it pass

Old
05-02-2006, 09:48 AM
J-D

Quote:
I dont like the way Arnott plays the game, most of the time he is a big floater, does not the little things needed, take bad punitions and I dislike his attitude... Team cancer to me.

I would even considere Lindros before Arnott.

Although I agree on your Arnott assessment, Lindros is tenfold the floater and team cancer Arnott is. Plus, he's beyond injury-prone.

On Nashville, I'd say it's more San Jose playing good than Nashville playing bad. No vokoun - Mason played very well. No quality centers that you are right. However, I don't think the Preds would have lost against every team that made the postseason in the West. The Wings, for instance...

Old
05-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Although I agree on your Arnott assessment, Lindros is tenfold the floater and team cancer Arnott is. Plus, he's beyond injury-prone.
I'm in the agreement camp with you guys on Arnott too. That plus the $4-5M it will take to get him makes him a non-option to me.

As for Lindros... well, the advantage there is that you're looking at only $750k or so on his contract, plus savings on top of that when the health insurance kicks in. Not that he's an option for us, of course, but if Toronto signs him for that, it's still an awfully good deal, and potentially tenfold bang for the buck over Arnott.

Nashville really does look small. Crazy small. Feisty and gritty small, but at the end of the day, still small. Gotta love the young defense and some of the skill there, though, I think they're pretty close to becoming contenders. Closer than we are, for example.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Shabutie

I'd like to trade Souray + Aebischer (though he's my no1 tender) to try and acquire a good Centerman. The depth at D is better than at C in the UFA market this summer.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:15 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
Hmm, the good point is that an injured player can't float on the ice and be a cancer in the locker-room. That's why, if a gun was pointed at me to offer a contract to either one, I'd go with Lindros. Way cheaper too.

And then, ask Downey to take care of him during practice.

Back to serious, I would stay far away from Arnott. This guy has Lapointe/Holik type of deal written all over him. He played for the big bucks, but he'll sit on this fat contract next year, as he always did... Except Guerin, I'd take anyone in the Stars team before him. Yeah, even Stu Barnes !

Closed Thread