Lisa posted this on mania.
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...02/244737.html

Old
11-02-2003, 04:56 AM
Dallas Flames Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Cairns and Scatchard for McAmmond and Gauthier ?

Old
11-02-2003, 05:32 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan

Isles would have interest in Guathier but

I don't see them having any interest in the older,more expensive McAmmond.They have a surplus of cheap,young forwards they're
having trouble finding icetime for.

They can't demote Hunter or Papineau without taking the risk of losing them on waivers,which press says they won't do.
and in a 3-4 weeks Weinhandl's due back from rehabbing his ankle which adds to the crowded forward ranks.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:52 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan
That's really reading between the lines, especially since Gauthier's name has never been attached to any substantiated rumors associated with the Islanders. The Leafs & Habs have been most active in their pursuit. Wonder what's become of the Flames interest in reacquiring Weimer?

Regarding another trade rumor...if the Oilers could snag Braydon Coburn AND Patrik Stefan for Mike Comrie, Lowe should take it and run.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:31 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Scatchard is currently injured right now isin't he? That being said, he is one of the best 3rd line centers in the game, but then again, what kind of role would he play on the Flames? They are deep enough at center as it all ready is........

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
11-02-2003, 07:04 AM
Michalek

How about:
Nystrom , Gauthier and Clark for Scatchard and Cairns???

Old
11-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
How about:
Nystrom , Gauthier and Clark for Scatchard and Cairns???
One step forward, two steps back. You posted a great, and fair, trade proposal here:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=24182

Then, include Nystrom (one of the organization's top prospects) in a proposal, when Gauthier & Clark or MacAmmond should be worth Scatchard & Cairns. Clark plays better near his home in Connecticut, and would probably improve on Long Island.

In Calgary, Shean Donovan has surpassed Clark in usefulness. Consider this...just two years ago, Clark was the second line RW.

Old
11-02-2003, 12:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
One step forward, two steps back. You posted a great, and fair, trade proposal here:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=24182

Then, include Nystrom (one of the organization's top prospects) in a proposal, when Gauthier & Clark or MacAmmond should be worth Scatchard & Cairns. Clark plays better near his home in Connecticut, and would probably improve on Long Island.

In Calgary, Shean Donovan has surpassed Clark in usefulness. Consider this...just two years ago, Clark was the second line RW.

Budget tight Isles would have no interest in bringing in older,more expensive forwards like Clark and MacAmmond when they have cheaper youngsters they are trying to find icetime for.

and isn't Clark a ufa this summer?

Old
11-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Flamin' Griz

I call BS.

First off, what possible interest would the Flames have in Eric Cairns?
Secondly, we don't need a 3rd line center, we need a second line center. Betts and Yelle are firmly entrenched on the checking lines while Conroy is on the first line and Lombardi the second...so the obvious choice is to send Lombardi down if you get a center. Dave Scatchard as the second line center? Don't think so....especially when you consider that if you could pick up another winger you could move Reinprecht back to center and be further ahead.

Doesn't make much sense from a Flames perspective.

and no, Chris Clark is not going to be a UFA, he's 28 and has only been pro for 6 years.

Old
11-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Budget tight Isles would have no interest in bringing in older,more expensive forwards like Clark and MacAmmond when they have cheaper youngsters they are trying to find icetime for.

and isn't Clark a ufa this summer?

Clark a UFA? Well, under the current CBA, he's not due to be a UFA until 2007.

Old
11-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
I call BS.

First off, what possible interest would the Flames have in Eric Cairns?
Secondly, we don't need a 3rd line center, we need a second line center. Betts and Yelle are firmly entrenched on the checking lines while Conroy is on the first line and Lombardi the second...so the obvious choice is to send Lombardi down if you get a center. Dave Scatchard as the second line center? Don't think so....especially when you consider that if you could pick up another winger you could move Reinprecht back to center and be further ahead.

Doesn't make much sense from a Flames perspective.

and no, Chris Clark is not going to be a UFA, he's 28 and has only been pro for 6 years.

My personal opinion is that there is nothing serious going on between the teams.

However, I think the Flames have had an interest in Scatchard in the past and they would probably be at least open to deal now. Not saying anything serious is going on, but I think talks about Scatch could have happened at some point.

As for Cairns, I can't imagine he'd be of much interest to the Flames. But, if the Flames were getting ready to move Gauithier (and, again, I'm not saying that is the case) I could imagine Calgary might want Cairns for depth. Cairn's trade value is probably minimal (a midround pick) and he doesn't make much money. So, he could be a decent depth pickup.

The Isles probably were interested in Gauthier in the past. I think, right now, they see their defense as set (at least for the short term).

So, I don't THINK (but don't know) that anything is hot. But, I wouldn't be surprised if all of these names have come up in conversations between the teams.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Does anyone remember the rumour of Morris for Isbister and Scatchard from summer 2002?

Was it Button or Milbury that nixed that deal? I can't remember.

Old
11-03-2003, 04:51 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
Does anyone remember the rumour of Morris for Isbister and Scatchard from summer 2002?

Was it Button or Milbury that nixed that deal? I can't remember.
Milbury nixed it.Peca had just undergone knee and shoulder surgeries and the team doctor thought he'd be out until after xmas.

Isles didn't feel they could have 3 forwards off the roster.

I think it was Bob McKenzie (tsn.ca) who reported MM nixing the deal.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:44 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Why would we have any interest in Scatchard or Cairns? betts and Yelle have done a great job as the 3rd/4th line center and don't we have enough depth at D. To me it dosen't make any sense from a flames perspective.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Ozy_Flame

My sentiments exactly. At this point in time, I'll take Parrish over Scatchy without two seconds of thought.

Closed Thread