HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So who are we cheering for?

Old
05-08-2006, 01:35 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot
I don't know about cheering for any other team. But the Flyers loss would feel a little better if the Sabres went on to win the Cup, perhaps blowing out a few games against other teams along the way.
I never understood this sentiment. I don't care if the team that beat us wins the Cup. In fact, if the Sabres do win, all it means to me is that we could have the Cup if we hadn't lost to them in the first round. Just like in 2000, after that horrible choke, it was no consolation that the Devils won. Besides the atrocities of Games 5, 6, and 7, it doubly painful because I felt like the Flyers would have crushed the Stars in the Finals that year.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 03:19 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I never understood this sentiment. I don't care if the team that beat us wins the Cup. In fact, if the Sabres do win, all it means to me is that we could have the Cup if we hadn't lost to them in the first round. Just like in 2000, after that horrible choke, it was no consolation that the Devils won. Besides the atrocities of Games 5, 6, and 7, it doubly painful because I felt like the Flyers would have crushed the Stars in the Finals that year.
to me it would say that perhaps we werent as bad as we looked to be if the sabres were indeed the best team in the league

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote