HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Props to Komisarek, Perezhogin and Plekanec

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Props to Komisarek, Perezhogin and Plekanec

Perezhogin stepped it up big time during the series. I thought he really displayed an amazing potential. I dont see anyone in the farm that has his combination of skill. If he wasnt so inexperienced with the NA game, I think he could've had 2-3 goals during this series. It was one of the brightest spots this post-season.

Plekanec was awesome, he controlled the play every time he was on the ice. I cant believe how smart he is, I think he's a fixture for years to come. I hope the organization feels he is an important part of the team. He's got a lot of heart and passion. he also seems like a spunge, every game he gets better.

Komisarek, IMO, was the best defender yesterday, he was hitting people all over the ice with great checks, he was putting the puck on the net and was almos flawless defensively. He looked like the top pairing defensemen we have wanted. It really makes me optimistic to see that for the 2nd straight playoffs, he was played a prominent role. With all the crap behind him, I expect a big season next year.

On another note, It hought Higgins was very tentative, if there was one player I didnt think would be nervous, it was him. The experience probably helped him a lot though and I dont think its representative of how he'll play in the future. Ryder and Ribeiro played a lot better then their first year IMO. So higgins can as well.

Markov has disapointed, he wasnt really that bad, but when you look at how he played in game 1 and the 3rd period last night, its tough to swallow. I think he's the most important player on the team, last night, when he got it going, he was the guy who was creating pretty much everything. I've rarely seen a defensemen be able to generate as much offense on sheer will alone. Oustanding vision and understanding of the game. I was surprised to see him falter in a few games since he was always one of the best the last two times in the post-season. Did you see Au-Dessus de la Mêlée, both Bossy and Juneau said of him that when he's on, he's "dominant" and the way they said it, you could see they ment a lot by it(speculation).

Last edited by Habsaku: 05-03-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old
05-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Perezhogin stepped it up big time during the series. I thought he really displayed an amazing potential. I dont see anyone in the farm that has his combination of skill. If he wasnt so inexperienced with the NA game, I think he could've had 2-3 goals during this series. It was one of the brightest spots this post-season.

Plekanec was awesome, he controlled the play every time he was on the ice. I cant believe how smart he is, I think he's a fixture for years to come. I hope the organization feels he is an important part of the team. He's got a lot of heart and passion. he also seems like a spunge, every game he gets better.

Komisarek, IMO, was the best defender yesterday, he was hitting people all over the ice with great checks, he was putting the puck on the net and was almos flawless defensively. He looked like the top pairing defensemen we have wanted. It really makes me optimistic to see that for the 2nd straight playoffs, he was played a prominent role. With all the crap behind him, I expect a big season next year.

On another note, It hought Higgins was very tentative, if there was one player I didnt think would be nervous, it was him. The experience probably helped him a lot though and I dont think its representative of how he'll play in the future. Ryder and Ribeiro played a lot better then their first year IMO. So higgins can as well.

Markov has disapointed, he was really that bad, but when you look at how he played in game 1 and the 3rd period last night, its tough to swallow. I think he's the most important player on the team, last night, when he got it going, he was the guy who was creating pretty much everything. I've rarely seen a defensemen be able to generate as much offense on sheer will alone. Oustanding vision and understanding of the game. I was surprised to see him falter in a few games since he was always one of the best the last two times in the post-season. Did you see Au-Dessus de la Mêlée, both Bossy and Juneau said of him that when he's on, he's "dominant" and the way they said it, you could see they ment a lot by it(speculation).

Great positive thread, I agree with everything in this post!

Old
05-03-2006, 11:27 AM
henri2014

If perez had connected on the one-timer in the 3rd... snif

Anyway he really did impress me during the playoffs, he has a nack to get the puck out of the corner and skate inside that will only become better and better with time, when he will be able to put a wicked wrist shot at the end of that play he will become a dominant player.

Plek was amazing, great on faceoffs and on D.. skate well.

Komi he was big and strong during that series he starting to make somes nice passes to the fowards. Its alot tougher for the opponents to get the puck in the corner when Komi is in the corner with them.
Next year i dont think many players will be able to get that puck out of Komi's corner...

With all that we can really see that the 2001 draft was a great success and will become even better in the years to come...

Old
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Tuggy

I thought Plekanec was our best and most consistent player throughout the series. Some players were better in some games but overall he did everything.

Plekanec is the man!

Old
05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Can you really blame Higgins? It's his first playoffs, he's used to playing with Saku Koivu, who gets injured. He is stuck playing with Ryder and Bonk... I think that the moment Koivu got injured, you should have made this line Higgins-Bonk-Bulis and make it a defensive first line.

Quote:
Markov has disapointed, he was really that bad, but when you look at how he played in game 1 and the 3rd period last night, its tough to swallow. I think he's the most important player on the team, last night, when he got it going, he was the guy who was creating pretty much everything. I've rarely seen a defensemen be able to generate as much offense on sheer will alone. Oustanding vision and understanding of the game. I was surprised to see him falter in a few games since he was always one of the best the last two times in the post-season. Did you see Au-Dessus de la Mêlée, both Bossy and Juneau said of him that when he's on, he's "dominant" and the way they said it, you could see they ment a lot by it(speculation).
Markov is definitely something special. He is a bit inconsistent I agree, however, if you received a slap shot on the knee, were hit in the face by a hockey stick, had guys coming at you full speed all game with no relent, I'd like to see how you'd react.

Old
05-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
Can you really blame Higgins? It's his first playoffs, he's used to playing with Saku Koivu, who gets injured. He is stuck playing with Ryder and Bonk... I think that the moment Koivu got injured, you should have made this line Higgins-Bonk-Bulis and make it a defensive first line.

Markov is definitely something special. He is a bit inconsistent I agree, however, if you received a slap shot on the knee, were hit in the face by a hockey stick, had guys coming at you full speed all game with no relent, I'd like to see how you'd react.
Hey, I actually agree with everything you just said. And when I said Markov was really that bad, It was a mental error, I wanted to say wasnt. I'll edit it.

Old
05-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

i agree perez stepped it up. did anyone else notice the defenders backed away a little from him last night when he had the puck in the corner, they respect his ability.

Old
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Mike8

Yup, I was impressed with all three players. Perezhogin was most surprising to me, since he had struggled to find a role all year long. In playoff time, he made himself useful in every game using his speed. He won board-battles, took hard hits and made good plays, has terrific hand-eye coordination and generated offense.

That said, I'm still not sold that he'll be an impact forward, but I'm now convinced he'll be a quality NHL forward.

Plekanec and Komisarek were beasts. I was surprised how little attention Komisarek's game received. That's his second playoffs where he's played his best hockey, as you said, so I'm starting to think playoff hockey fits his style perfectly.

Plekanec vs Staal was great to watch. Plekanec, all 5'8 of him, managed to knock down 6'4 Staal during a board battle and (as usual) won the battle. Too impressive!

Old
05-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Hab at it

Mike8 I think that Plaks is 5'10 and almost 200lbs nut the point remains the same he played great and physically dominated a much bigger Stall. Kudo's to all our rookies they showed us a glimpse of what they can become and that gives us a bright hope for the future.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't know what "props" means. I take it to be positive, so OK for those three.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:22 PM
oli500

I really liked what I saw from them. the plekanec perezhogin zednik line was the best playoff line the habs had. They got a bright future and I hope they get second line duty for next year. We dont need to spend a hole lot of money on top 6 fowards cause we got talented young guys. What we need are hard working grinders like steve bégins to fill are 3rd and fourth line. Are kids are ready for prime time. I would love to see a line of higgins plekanec perezhogin next year. A line like that could really complement are first line of koivu-kovalev. When the 3 rookies were put toghether on the same line earlier they showed some great stuf.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
I really liked what I saw from them. the plekanec perezhogin zednik line was the best playoff line the habs had. They got a bright future and I hope they get second line duty for next year. We dont need to spend a hole lot of money on top 6 fowards cause we got talented young guys. What we need are hard working grinders like steve bégins to fill are 3rd and fourth line. Are kids are ready for prime time. I would love to see a line of higgins plekanec perezhogin next year. A line like that could really complement are first line of koivu-kovalev. When the 3 rookies were put toghether on the same line earlier they showed some great stuf.
I dont know about that, I feel we have pretty good grit in the organization. The team blocked shots and battled hard along the boards. What was apparent was the lack of offensive support after Koivu went down. Another catalyst could be very well needed.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Bill McNeal

I remember when people were complaining (rightfully so) that Komisarek didn't play with enough of an edge, didn't use his size to his advantage.

I don't know what happened, but now every time I see him play it looks like he's always pissed off and ready to snap. If players were still allowed to clear the front of the he'd be even more valuable. He treats Huet like his little sister and opposing forwards are horny teenage boys.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I thought Plekanec was our best and most consistent player throughout the series. Some players were better in some games but overall he did everything.

Plekanec is the man!
Agree 100%. Plekanec was extremely valuable for us, because of that versality that he demonstrates. He had to play some defensive shifts, and then after the Koivu injury, he had to play some offensive shifts. He did a terrific job at both, and showed tremendous poise for a rookie in his first playoffs (especially in the pressure cooker of Montreal). He is extremely intelligent out on the ice, and I've commented to my friends in the past that he rarely makes mistakes. Plekanec is a very smart player, and I hope that we can keep him for a long time.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:34 PM
RedArmyMontreal*

I guess the positive thing is that this year's edition of rookies shows up into the playoff unlike last playoff's edition(Rib, Ryder).

We at least know they're keepers now.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:35 PM
oli500

Quote:
I dont know about that, I feel we have pretty good grit in the organization. The team blocked shots and battled hard along the boards. What was apparent was the lack of offensive support after Koivu went down. Another catalyst could be very well needed.
Im all for getting some offense but it has to be a major player like a arnott or elias. not the type of player were we dont know what were going to get. Weve made alot of mistakes getting players like chow,audette who we fought would be some nice addition to are top lines but never pan out and were bust. if youre going to spend make sure youre getting some one who you can count on. Thats if were going to spend spend big because in the long run were better off given those spots to plekanec perezhogin than to a border line second liner.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Im all for getting some offense but it has to be a major player like a arnott or elias. not the type of player were we dont know what were going to get. Weve made alot of mistakes getting players like chow,audette who we fought would be some nice addition to are top lines but never pan out and were bust. if youre going to spend make sure youre getting some one who you can count on.
Audette was pretty decent until that horrific accident.

Czerkawski and Berezin... Same crap, different label.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:42 PM
DicAnns

Pleks was simply amazing during the playoffs... he played like a 10 season vet! Almost looked like Steve Yzerman out there!
I like how he carries the puck close to his skates, compared to most rookies who carry the puck way in front of them and generate turnovers.
It makes it hard for opponents to knock the puck of his stick... that's also why he's victim of so many tripping, holding, hooking.

Perezhogin was somewhat a disappointment for me in regular season, but he also stepped up in the playoffs.
Even though he didn't produce much, he was much more involved in plays.
In regular season, he always looked lost in the offensive zone when he didn't carry the puck.
In the playoffs, he positioned himself much better, got in the slot... I wish he would get more involved along the boards though... he has good enough size to do it.

I'm confident Pleks-Perez could be a very successful duo for us in many years to come.
Let them be our Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Good work kids!

Old
05-03-2006, 01:50 PM
CHareth

Excellent thread. The future looks bright.

Komisarek was just outstanding I thought - solid and totally in control. He's really come a long way from the start of the season. Ditto Perezhogin who finally looked comfortable in his role.

Plekanec's a keeper. If he can develop some hands and capitalize on some of those chances he creates, look out.

Old
05-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Evil Ted

How about Garth Murray too?

No one had much expectations for him when he came over but really he had a great game lastnight and really developed this whole season into atleast a solid 4th line player and saw some duty on the 1st line aswell.

Pleks Perez and Komisarek too had great seasons but dont overlook Garth!

Old
05-03-2006, 03:22 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted
How about Garth Murray too?

No one had much expectations for him when he came over but really he had a great game lastnight and really developed this whole season into atleast a solid 4th line player and saw some duty on the 1st line aswell.

Pleks Perez and Komisarek too had great seasons but dont overlook Garth!
I really liked Garth too, great energy player...

Great thread BTW..

I think Komisarek was stellar at game #6 but Ive been a bit desapointed at time in the serie.. As I said, Komisarek hasnt finished his development yet and look for 2 more years until he reaches his full potential... Overall extremmely solid defensively, a great physical presence in the defensive zone!

Perezhogin played in the serie like the guy I was awaiting all the season long... This kid will be a force in the future... Kostitsyn doesnt play the same type of game but his top level skills are undeniable, will be a hell of player for us as well...

Everything as been said on Pleks.. Amazing competitor..

Higgins didnt have had great playoffs but this is a pretty solid kid for the years to come as well.

Old
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM
missthenet

Quote:

Markov has disapointed, he wasnt really that bad, but when you look at how he played in game 1 and the 3rd period last night, its tough to swallow. I think he's the most important player on the team, last night, when he got it going, he was the guy who was creating pretty much everything. I've rarely seen a defensemen be able to generate as much offense on sheer will alone. Oustanding vision and understanding of the game. I was surprised to see him falter in a few games since he was always one of the best the last two times in the post-season. Did you see Au-Dessus de la Mêlée, both Bossy and Juneau said of him that when he's on, he's "dominant" and the way they said it, you could see they ment a lot by it(speculation).

Old
05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
missthenet

I think honourable mention should also go to Garth Murray, he was a force out there along the boards and on the penalty kill!!!!

Quote:

Old
05-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy

Plekanec is the man!
Yes amazing how Plekanec steadily polished his game throughout the season to culminate to this final game 6 where he did everything but score (and that came awfully close too). He looked as dominant in this game as he was most of the time in his last AHL season. Bodes well for the future.

Plekanec looks like a younger less explosive Koivu and I'd venture to say him and Higgins are currently our most versatile players. If he develops his offensive game, he'll be a great 2nd liner, if not, a great 3rd liner. Either way, he's now part of the core group IMO.

Old
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Scotianhab

Those 3 guys will only improve next year so our future is looking very bright.

Closed Thread