HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribs negative impact

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2006, 07:26 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Ribs negative impact

ok, you just got set up you have an open net,

do you
1) shoot the puck?
2) hold on for a while wait for the goalie to set him self up then shoot the puck?

another question. you got a GOLDEN rebound, the goalies down on his *** the opposing defensmen are clueless the pucks right on your stick,

do you
1) raise the puck to a 95% open net?
2) tap the puck right along the ice to the covered 5% of the net?

your teams down but the energy level is rising the momentum is shifting on your favor, everytime you get the puck in the nuetral zone,

do you
1) not turnover the puck everytime you get it?
2) turnover the puck everytime you get it to slowly kill your teams momentum?

ribs answered 2 for all these questions,

now imagine having a good quality player taking over his position and current role with the team, IT WOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

just ventin'

GO HABS GO

Old
05-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Mike8

Now, bear with me here for a second, but tell me: how many golden opportunities did Bulis have?

None?

Why?

Perhaps because he wasn't skating, wasn't competing, and wasn't working for his opportunities?

So what's worse: a player that doesn't capitalize on their opportunities, or a player that just doesn't work for his opportunities?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .

Old
05-01-2006, 07:39 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I would modify the third one to "turn the puck over and lead to Carolina scoring the winning goal in game 4".

Old
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Now, bear with me here for a second, but tell me: how many golden opportunities did Bulis have?

None?

Why?

Perhaps because he wasn't skating, wasn't competing, and wasn't working for his opportunities?

So what's worse: a player that doesn't capitalize on their opportunities, or a player that just doesn't work for his opportunities?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .
hmmmmmmmmm are you sure that ribs is the one CREATING the opportunities in the firstplace?
becuase im sure he isnt

Old
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

None?

Why?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .
I seem to remember his capturing a long pass from Kovalev, closing in, and scoring. Would Ribeiro have scored? I wonder.

Old
05-01-2006, 07:51 PM
digitalmonkey*

As long as we're attacking players...

Can Souray start hitting the net at least 10% of the time?

Old
05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
ok, you just got set up you have an open net,

do you
1) shoot the puck?
2) hold on for a while wait for the goalie to set him self up then shoot the puck?

another question. you got a GOLDEN rebound, the goalies down on his *** the opposing defensmen are clueless the pucks right on your stick,

do you
1) raise the puck to a 95% open net?
2) tap the puck right along the ice to the covered 5% of the net?

your teams down but the energy level is rising the momentum is shifting on your favor, everytime you get the puck in the nuetral zone,

do you
1) not turnover the puck everytime you get it?
2) turnover the puck everytime you get it to slowly kill your teams momentum?

ribs answered 2 for all these questions,

now imagine having a good quality player taking over his position and current role with the team, IT WOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

just ventin'

GO HABS GO

holy big guy, call up gainey and ask for a tryout if you think you can do better.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
hmmmmmmmmm are you sure that ribs is the one CREATING the opportunities in the firstplace?
becuase im sure he isnt
Rofl....I love fans like you. Ribs has had 2 bad games...So what? The guys' payed $1m/year and probably won't be with us next year. All the while, you let Bonk, and other slackers go free. What has Michael Ryder done, since game 3 that has impressed you? Bulis since game 1? Markov since game 1? ... I could go on. Their's really no need to though, just look at the positives, Gainey has his work cut out for him this summer and I'm 1000% sure we'll ice a better team in Oct then we've had in the past decade or so.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
I seem to remember his capturing a long pass from Kovalev, closing in, and scoring. Would Ribeiro have scored? I wonder.
Wasn't Gerber in nets? If so, Rapheal coulda scored.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Eeyore

I thought I remembered hearing a rumour back a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of Mike Bossy working as an offensive consultant for the Canadiens.

Ribs is probably the guy on this team who could use that kind of help most. It would be great if that could happen.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Wasn't Gerber in nets? If so, Rapheal coulda scored.
So why didn't Ribeiro score against Gerber? Everyone else did.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:30 PM
5 man unit

Quote:
Rofl....I love fans like you. Ribs has had 2 bad games...So what? The guys' payed $1m/year and probably won't be with us next year. All the while, you let Bonk, and other slackers go free. What has Michael Ryder done, since game 3 that has impressed you? Bulis since game 1? Markov since game 1? ... I could go on. Their's really no need to though, just look at the positives, Gainey has his work cut out for him this summer and I'm 1000% sure we'll ice a better team in Oct then we've had in the past decade or so.
Weren't you one of the ones that said he had a good game in game 4?

He is small and slow...Not a great combination, but one that might have been overcome with a little more hard work, and a little less attidute.

Even so, I am just as fed up as you are about the Ribs sucks threads that pop up after every game.

The habs will win this series with or without Mike Ribeiro on top of his game.

Old
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
ludger

Did anyone else hear this rumour about Bossy becoming a offensive co-ordinator for the habs

Old
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201127
Weren't you one of the ones that said he had a good game in game 4?

He is small and slow...Not a great combination, but one that might have been overcome with a little more hard work, and a little less attidute.

Even so, I am just as fed up as you are about the Ribs sucks threads that pop up after every game.

The habs will win this series with or without Mike Ribeiro on top of his game.
No I simply said he wasn't the worst.

Old
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Wah, wah, wah. Ribs had 2 bad games? Were the other 3 good games? No, he produced nothing. With Koivu out, the Habs are counting on him, but he doesn't show up. He plays on a line with Kovalev but fails to take advantage of golden opportunities when Kovalev is doubleteamed shift after shift. Why should Habs fans give him a free pass? I'm sure Gainey isn't satisfied with his play. Maybe Gainey's eyes were opened when he saw Kovy score on assists from Murray and Bonk.

Old
05-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
No I simply said he wasn't the worst.
Just tied for the worst?

Old
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Wah, wah, wah. Ribs had 2 bad games? Were the other 3 good games? No, he produced nothing. With Koivu out, the Habs are counting on him, but he doesn't show up. He plays on a line with Kovalev but fails to take advantage of golden opportunities when Kovalev is doubleteamed shift after shift. Why should Habs fans give him a free pass? I'm sure Gainey isn't satisfied with his play. Maybe Gainey's eyes were opened when he saw Kovy score on assists from Murray and Bonk.
So I guess when a player doesn't produce, he's played a bad game. You'd make a great hockey analyst, I've heard CBC is searching...

Old
05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Mike8

Quote:
becuase im sure he isnt
It doesn't matter if he is or not. You have admitted that he is getting the opportunities. Meaning he's in the right place. Which means he's working to be opportunistic and he just hasn't gotten the job done.

Does he deserve flak for that? Absolutely.

Bulis, on the other hand, has not had any real opportunities since scoring that breakaway goal. He hasn't fulfilled his role and he's been lousy on the defensive end.

Everyone is well aware of Ribeiro's problems. Especially with a few posters parading that fact around.

Ryder, Bulis, Higgins seem to be getting free passes for their subpar play. Ryder and Bulis specifically have been just as bad as Ribeiro on the defensive end, and even less able to win battles or generate offense.

Old
05-01-2006, 11:52 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
So I guess when a player doesn't produce, he's played a bad game. You'd make a great hockey analyst, I've heard CBC is searching...
hey shab dont act like you know what your talking about...

i want you to direct your eyes at four things, the puck, ribs,the nuetral zone, then the nuetral zone turnover...
you should notice this as it happens everytime.

what else you should notice is youngsters like perez and pleks even gain access to the offensice zone, albeit they get many offensive zone turnovers against them, even they can get past the nuetral zone.

i cant understand fans like you, bringing nothing to the discussion table----->>>
You'd make a great hockey analyst, I've heard RDS is searching..

Old
05-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger
Did anyone else hear this rumour about Bossy becoming a offensive co-ordinator for the habs
Where did you hear that? That's be interesting, at least. One of the best pure goal-scorers of all time. I know he's been a commentator, but I'm not sure if he has any coaching experience.

Old
05-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
hey shab dont act like you know what your talking about...

i want you to direct your eyes at four things, the puck, ribs,the nuetral zone, then the nuetral zone turnover...
you should notice this as it happens everytime.

what else you should notice is youngsters like perez and pleks even gain access to the offensice zone, albeit they get many offensive zone turnovers against them, even they can get past the nuetral zone.

i cant understand fans like you, bringing nothing to the discussion table----->>>
You'd make a great hockey analyst, I've heard RDS is searching..
Before those 2 bad games in question, how many Turnovers do you supose Ribs had? How many chances to score did Ribs have? Bulis? Ryder? Higgins? Instead of acting like you know what the **** you're talking about maybe you should re-evaluate the team. Ribs has not been our worst player in these series, even Canes fans could see this.

Old
05-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
What is he there for? His good looks? He's supposed to produce. If he can't score goals, then let him set them up. Maybe I wouldn't be on his back if he had as many assists as Plekanec or even Sundstrom. He's not been of great help to Kovalev, that's for sure. If Gainey had any reasonable alternative, he'd yank Ribeiro off that line. At that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gainey shake up the lines in game 6.

Old
05-02-2006, 12:11 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Before those 2 bad games in question, how many Turnovers do you supose Ribs had? How many chances to score did Ribs have? Bulis? Ryder? Higgins? Instead of acting like you know what the **** you're talking about maybe you should re-evaluate the team. Ribs has not been our worst player in these series, even Canes fans could see this.
hmm when have i said he's our worst player???

i have made a point to say he shifts momentum in a negative manner for the club.

whats wrong with that ? whats wrong with this post ? whats wrong with this thread ?

look i dont want to get in a arguement with a fellow hab fan but if your upset at what i posted just relax and dont reply.

and yea at times i think ribs has been the complete opposite of clutch, is there something wrong with that? and who da hell are you to tell me to reavaluate the whole team, ill evaluate who i want when i want !!!

Old
05-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
What is he there for? His good looks? He's supposed to produce. If he can't score goals, then let him set them up. Maybe I wouldn't be on his back if he had as many assists as Plekanec or even Sundstrom. He's not been of great help to Kovalev, that's for sure. If Gainey had any reasonable alternative, he'd yank Ribeiro off that line. At that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gainey shake up the lines in game 6.
Hence why I said he probably won't be with us next year. He's not a great number 2 center, and right now being our number 1 center, of course he's gonna get bashed. I still don't understand why the Plek line, isn't our #1.

Old
05-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
hmm when have i said he's our worst player???

i have made a point to say he shifts momentum in a negative manner for the club.

whats wrong with that ? whats wrong with this post ? whats wrong with this thread ?

look i dont want to get in a arguement with a fellow hab fan but if your upset at what i posted just relax and dont reply.

and yea at times i think ribs has been the complete opposite of clutch, is there something wrong with that? and who da hell are you to tell me to reavaluate the whole team, ill evaluate who i want when i want !!!
I assumed with the bashing... I'm not upset with anything. You have your opinions, I have my own. You are right that Ribs probably hasn't been at his best. But I don't think he's been as bad as most make him out to be. He was a non-factor in games 4 and 5 but then, shouldn't Gainey have iced other lines instead?

Closed Thread