HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche vs. Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Foppa_Rules

vCash: 500
Avalanche vs. Rangers

Well, who do you think is going to get injured tonight? Sakic maybe? Or Aebischer, that would be lovely. Please have Forsberg be in the lineup!!!!

Old
11-02-2003, 09:25 AM
NewSakic4U

vCash:
I hope Forsberg plays, the avs can't afford anymore injuries, We dont' wanna fall to far behind the Nucks this early, there already 6 points up, tonight should hopefully be a win against an always struggling Ranger team.

Old
11-02-2003, 10:02 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSakic4U
I hope Forsberg plays, the avs can't afford anymore injuries, We dont' wanna fall to far behind the Nucks this early, there already 6 points up, tonight should hopefully be a win against an always struggling Ranger team.
Rangers have won 4 of their last 5.

Old
11-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Foppa_Rules

awwwwww......he not playing!!!!!!ARGHHHHH!!!!!

Old
11-02-2003, 02:11 PM
syinura

Brigley Scores!!!!!!!!!!! makes it 2-1, plenty of time left

Old
11-02-2003, 02:18 PM
syinura

Tanguay ties the game up!!

with 9 minutes left in the game

Old
11-02-2003, 02:19 PM
Gumballhead

OK, nice battling back, 2-2. Hejduk was sick, and nice hands by Tangers.

But I don't know how much more I can take of the MSG announcers. Can you imagine anyone in the league thinking that the Avs top line is Tanguay-Sakic-Hejduk? They even said something about Selanne playing with Sakic and how that was a new alignment. John Davidson = Ralph Kiner?

Old
11-02-2003, 02:22 PM
syinura

why dont u just listen to the colorado guys

Old
11-02-2003, 02:36 PM
syinura

Colorado Scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karlis Skrastins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First Avs Goal!!!!!!

Old
11-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Bodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansiu
Colorado Scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karlis Skrastins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First Avs Goal!!!!!!
So is it 3-2? espn.com still has it 2-2.

sorry, they have it now.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Yayo

Suddenly this turns into a game thread...

Old
11-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansiu
why dont u just listen to the colorado guys
Because I was watching on TV, and Center Ice used the NY feed.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Because I was watching on TV, and Center Ice used the NY feed.
And you were complaining? I'll take JD over McKnob any chance I get (of course, I don't often have that choice). JD is less of a puppet, at the very least.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Unfortunately Sam Rosen wasn't calling the game. Hey did you guys know the Avs have been in Denver for 13 years? You learn new things every day

The beauty of getting NHL Center Ice through Bell ExpressVU, is that I can avoid the Avs homers. In fact of the 11 Avs games, I've only had to watch Kelly/McNab for four games.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
OK, nice battling back, 2-2. Hejduk was sick, and nice hands by Tangers.

But I don't know how much more I can take of the MSG announcers. Can you imagine anyone in the league thinking that the Avs top line is Tanguay-Sakic-Hejduk? They even said something about Selanne playing with Sakic and how that was a new alignment. John Davidson = Ralph Kiner?
John Davidson is a complete moron. Not only did he say that Sakic, Hejduk, and Tanguay, are our number one line, he siad that De Vries played on the right side all of last year next to Foote. De Vries always played on the left, as we had plenty of natural right defensmen. Foote swithed to the left a few times last year, but that was only when he was playing with Morris, or Blake, who are natural right defensmen themselves. Why would De Vries play on the right, and Foote on the left, when that is completely opposite from what they have played their entire career. Everytime I see John Davidson, he says stupid things like that. It seems like he always gets the line combos wrong too.

Good thing the Avs pulled this one off. This was a much needed point, and they battled back hard, thanks to some great efforts by Brigs and Tangs. They looked lost for almost the whole game until Brigely scored. God I hope we get Forsberg back the next game, he is sorely missed.

This was also a very poorly officiated game. Not only were there way too many penalties called on the Avs in the first, including a major on Kono when Kovalev turned in a split second into the hit and was ducking down. But I've never seen so much hooking and slashing in a game by a team, with nothing being called. There should have been at least 5 calls in the last 10 minutes alone, including an obvious slash on the hands by Kovalev, and an obvious dragging of the leg to trip up Selanne in OT, which might have injured him. Those alone are must calls, but good scoring chances which are taken away by huge hooks and obstruction when a team is trying to come back have to be called too. Anyway, it doesn't matter, we won the game, but I hate it when officiating is lopsided to one team. I just hope Selanne isn't injured again after that play. Hopefully the guys can feel good about this come back win, and build on it. Damm Tanguay is playing well, keep it up Tangs. PL if you trade him now, I'll kill you.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
John Davidson is a complete moron.
That's way too harsh; the guy in my avatar is a complete moron. I think the problem is that Davidson only knows what he's been told and because the Rangers and Avs only play once or twice a season, he's basically ignorant about the Avs normal routines. It would be the same as expecting McKnob to know the intricacies of the Rangers this season, which isn't realistic. Now, having said that, Davidson should be smarter than to spew off about things he's not well-informed of, but I guess he's not and it's not the worst thing ever. Davidson knows the game pretty well though and I think his comments are generally pretty accurate, even though I don't agree with all of them. I could quickly list a lot poorer color guys working games around the league than JD.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:20 PM
DarioinDenver

Avs beat a hot goaltender with some ugly goals today, that in reference to Avalanche history is a big deal. Avs are relatively notorious for letting hot goaltenders destroy their psyc. Blake is starting to look like the 9 million dollar defenseman he is, very impressive so far this season. Tangs is playing physically on a more consistant basis than I've ever seen him in the past. It might be some kind of record that he didn't get a cherry picking offsides call this game. Abby made some big saves but looked pretty wild at times when he didn't need to be.

To go on the road and get 2pts out of a game your down by two goals in going into the 3rd is a moral booster. Avs didn't stop skating, even when it looked pretty bleak. That's a good sign. Anyone notice Granato stressing a bit more than usual behind the bench?

Old
11-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Anyone notice Granato stressing a bit more than usual behind the bench?
You mean that look of overclinched buttocks on his face? Yeah, I saw that, especially after the game was won in OT; Granato looked more worried than happy.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
The beauty of getting NHL Center Ice through Bell ExpressVU, is that I can avoid the Avs homers. In fact of the 11 Avs games, I've only had to watch Kelly/McNab for four games.
Jori, I never thought I'd see you rubbing that in the faces of the rest of us. Oh the cruelty!

Old
11-02-2003, 07:44 PM
nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Blake is starting to look like the 9 million dollar defenseman he is, very impressive so far this season.
Blake is finally redeeming himself for last season. I watched the highlights from the Avs website...showing that he can be a force, dropped both Holik AND Carter with checks like in the span of 5 seconds

Old
11-02-2003, 07:47 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Jori, I never thought I'd see you rubbing that in the faces of the rest of us. Oh the cruelty!

You made it too easy for me Lappy

Old
11-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23

You made it too easy for me Lappy
How delightfully coldblooded of you. It always brings a smile to my face to see normally "nice" posters showing a little wickedness.

Old
11-02-2003, 08:16 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Blake is finally redeeming himself for last season. I watched the highlights from the Avs website...showing that he can be a force, dropped both Holik AND Carter with checks like in the span of 5 seconds
finally earning his pay cheque...eh??? what a concept! what to go robby blake!

Old
11-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
That's way too harsh; the guy in my avatar is a complete moron. I think the problem is that Davidson only knows what he's been told and because the Rangers and Avs only play once or twice a season, he's basically ignorant about the Avs normal routines. It would be the same as expecting McKnob to know the intricacies of the Rangers this season, which isn't realistic. Now, having said that, Davidson should be smarter than to spew off about things he's not well-informed of, but I guess he's not and it's not the worst thing ever. Davidson knows the game pretty well though and I think his comments are generally pretty accurate, even though I don't agree with all of them. I could quickly list a lot poorer color guys working games around the league than JD.
You may be right about him not knowing about the Avs because we don't play them much, but I see him make statements like that all the time, especially when he is on ABC. He just seems unimformed about all the teams, except the Rangers.

By the way, I havn't been here that long, what's your beef with Gary Thorne? I don't think he's that bad, he seems to have good chemistry with Clement. I wonder if I'm starting a rant here, that other guys have heard a bunch of times before.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:25 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
And you were complaining? I'll take JD over McKnob any chance I get (of course, I don't often have that choice). JD is less of a puppet, at the very least.
Yes. It was the worst broadcast pair I've ever heard. Like Jori said, at one point they said the Avs franchise has been in Colorado for 13 years, then they immediately said "since 1995." It's one thing to not know the facts, but that's just math retardation. JD also said at one point that neither the Avs nor Rangers had gone to OT this year. Then he said a few minutes later that they had actually played two OT games, and that he called both of them. They also constantly misidentified players -- I was actually pining for Gary Thorne. How 'bout that?

Closed Thread