HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Annouces Award Finalists (merged)

Old
05-03-2006, 05:42 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
NHL Annouces Award Finalists (merged)

* Calder Memorial Trophy (Outstanding Rookie) - Ovechkin, Crosby, Phaneuf

* Frank J. Selke Trophy (Outstanding Defensive Forward), Rod Brind'Amour, Fisher, Lehtinen

* Hart Memorial Trophy (Most Valuable Player To His Team) - Jagr, Kiprusoff, Thornton

* Jack Adams Award (Outstanding Coach) - Renney, Laviolette, Ruff

* James Norris Memorial Trophy (Outstanding All-Around Defenseman) - Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Zubov

* Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (Sportsmanship and Gentlemanly Conduct) - Datsyuk, Marleau, Richards

* Lester B. Pearson Award (Most Outstanding Player as voted by fellow members of the NHLPA) - Jagr, Ovechkin, Thornton

* Vezina Trophy (Outstanding Goaltender) - Lundqvist, Kiprusoff, Brodeur

The winners will be announced Thursday, June 22 at the 2006 NHL Awards Television Special in Vancouver.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/05/271184.html

Last edited by Draft Guru: 05-04-2006 at 01:18 PM.
FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Balej20*

hehehe

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Doyle

Ozo is the only clear cut candidate... the rest are really a stretch.

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
every thread is an Ozolinsh thread

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
every thread is an Ozolinsh thread
he deserves it

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Skroob*

looks like we can also put Sandis up for the Billy Joel award too. I hear its being presented by Kelsey Grammer this year.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 12:41 PM
SickNice

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2433308

The complete list of award finalists as released by the NHL on Thursday. The NHL awards ceremony will be held on June 22 in Vancouver:

CALDER MEMORIAL TROPHY (outstanding rookie)
Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins; Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals; Dion Phaneuf, Calgary Flames.

FRANK J. SELKE TROPHY (outstanding defensive forward)
Rod Brind'Amour, Carolina Hurricanes; Mike Fisher, Ottawa Senators; Jere Lehtinen, Dallas Stars.

HART MEMORIAL TROPHY (most valuable player to his team)
Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers; Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames; Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks.

JACK ADAMS AWARD (outstanding coach)
Peter Laviolette, Carolina Hurricanes; Tom Renney, New York Rangers; Lindy Ruff, Buffalo Sabres.

JAMES NORRIS MEMORIAL TROPHY (outstanding defenseman)
Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit Red Wings; Scott Niedermayer, Anaheim Mighty Ducks; Sergei Zubov, Dallas Stars.

LADY BYNG MEMORIAL TROPHY (sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct)
Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings; Patrick Marleau, San Jose Sharks; Brad Richards , Tampa Bay Lightning.

LESTER B. PEARSON AWARD (most outstanding player as voted by fellow members of the NHLPA)
Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers; Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals; Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks.

VEZINA TROPHY (outstanding goaltender)
Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils; Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames; Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
SickNice

Not much is too suprising... Jagr for both MVPs, Henrik for Vezina, and Renney for Coach.

I was suprised to see Brodeur for the Vezina trophy...

Old
05-04-2006, 12:51 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice
Not much is too suprising... Jagr for both MVPs, Henrik for Vezina, and Renney for Coach.

I was suprised to see Brodeur for the Vezina trophy...
Yea that was pretty surprising.

Disappointed that Dion got the nod over Lundvist for rookie but him being a candidate for the Vezina is much more of a honor.

Old
05-04-2006, 12:57 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Oh lord. Henrik for vezina but not calder?? What sense does that make...and Brodeur for Vezina?? get real, that just comes from his reputation. Kipprusof will run away with that.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 12:58 PM
McDonagh27

Brodeur gets a free pass cuz of his past rep... He has been great however in the post season... Renney deserves to win the JA trophy.. he did more with alot less.. Jags will win the Lester...

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:02 PM
JR#9*

How does Lundy get a Vezina nomination but snubbed on the calder???

what an absolute joke.

Phanuef had a great year but in terms of who had the bigger impact I really don't see how you could take him over Henrik in that spot.

BTW---Congrats to Renney as well on an Adams nomination.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
FLYLine24*

Vezina Nominee >>>> Calder Nominee

Old
05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Pogo

I agree that it doesn't make sense, I was surprised. Although I have to admit that sometimes reading "expert opinions" you can easily tell who's the favored rook between Phaneuf or anyone else (except for the Croxby-aholics). Either way I think it's a footnote, as there was chance in hell of Lunqvist winning the Calder, so I don't see any point getting worked up about it. You don't honestly believe that there's a difference between getting snubbed or not even having a chance, do you?

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:08 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Brodeur getting this nomination is like Cal Ripken getting voted to the All Star team every year. God I hate Brodeur. I can't wait until he retires. I hate the Devils with a furious passion.

GO CANES!!!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander
Brodeur gets a free pass cuz of his past rep... He has been great however in the post season... Renney deserves to win the JA trophy.. he did more with alot less.. Jags will win the Lester...
No way is Renney taking that trophy. I bet Ruff gets it but Laviolette will make it very close. Renney finishes third. All three teams were picked to finish bottom 5,
Carolina wins their division and Buffalo and NYR make runs are winning theirs. By the way, Ruff's case is helped by not having any real super star on the team.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:10 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
You don't honestly believe that there's a difference between getting snubbed or not even having a chance, do you?

The point is that he was wihout a doubt in the top 3 rookies and should be recognized as such with a nomination taht reflects his level of play this last season.

I don't care if he wins it or not and feel Ovechkin is the right choice as the best rookie but doesn't change the fact that his performance and status as a rookie should be recognized.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Phaneuf had one of the best Rookie years i've seen a D-man have, maybe since Leetch. They had to throw him something, no?

If Henrik doesn't get hurt he mightve been there. Phaneuf is a good one, worthy of knocking Henke out of the running.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Pogo

I really do pray (ok I'm not religious) that Brodeur doesn't steal away even one vote from Lundqvist. It would be a damn shame if he gets any votes for playing a fourth of the season like a real goalie and the other 3/4th's like a practice cone. It's obvious that Kiprusoff is going to win it, I just don't want any votes to go to that Devil-*****. I hope that the voters understand that it's supposed to be based on REGULAR season efforts.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
No way is Renney taking that trophy. I bet Ruff gets it but Laviolette will make it very close. Renney finishes third. All three teams were picked to finish bottom 5,
Carolina wins their division and Buffalo and NYR make runs are winning theirs. By the way, Ruff's case is helped by not having any real super star on the team.
I disagree, Sabres have no 'superstars'(Briere is a superstar in my eyes though), but they have lots of talent on that team. Defensively, they're one of the best as well. Renney should win this, he did more with less, and got Jagr 'back in the game' so to speak.

Old
05-04-2006, 01:15 PM
SickNice

Phanuef has been REAL good, and no one can question Ovechkin. If you really wanted to get technical, maybe Crosby shouldn't have been there. He had a strogn year though and the hype / attention he gave the league were unmatched.

This doesn't surpise me.

Old
05-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice
Phanuef has been REAL good, and no one can question Ovechkin. If you really wanted to get technical, maybe Crosby shouldn't have been there. He had a strogn year though and the hype / attention he gave the league were unmatched.

This doesn't surpise me.
How is Crosby not there???
He's the youngest to score 100 ever, no?

Old
05-04-2006, 01:19 PM
SickNice

Theres a decent chance that Rangers walk away with none of these awards. I Jagr has the best shot to win the Hart trophy. I see Kiprosoft winning the Vezina and someone else winning the Jack Adams. I think Ovechkin is going to win the Lester Pearson award. Thats most outstanding, not most valuable, as voted by the players.

Old
05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
How is Crosby not there???
He's the youngest to score 100 ever, no?
Yes, I thnik he is. IMO Phaneuf and Ovechkin had more impressive seasons though. That's all I'm saying.

Old
05-04-2006, 01:27 PM
ftyutin51

I don't want to be pessimistic ( ) but I doubt King will win the Vezina, Jagr won't get the Hart (everybody seems to love how Thornton managed to get a team that was dropping in the standings and out of the playoffs, into the playoffs and brought Cheechoo's stats up...) and he won't get the Pearson either... People are still judging Jagr's heart and desire to win from his Washington days. If Jagr wasn't on our team, I would fully want Ovechkin to win the awards; he's a star and going to be one for a very long time.

Hopefully, Renney can win his and MSG will hold a special ceremony where all the fans can cheer and throw flowers at him.

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote