HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn - better the Andrei Kostitsyn?

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn - better the Andrei Kostitsyn?

This guy had a great rookie season with the London Knights and is now in the final round of the OHL Finals. He's second overall in Playoff scoring (32 pts in 15 games) and he also gets some important goals... I'm sure Rob Schremp has something to do with his ability to score, but it's still very impressive.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/news/?id=1750

He is not ready for the NHL by all means but may make a great addition to the Habs in a few years. He's 6 feet tall, 190lbs, can give good hits and can score. He may even trun out to be more valuable then Andrei.

What are people's thoughts on this??

Old
05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Mike8

More valuable, perhaps. But I don't think he's close in talent level. I say this after having watched Sergei a fair bit earlier in the year. I would be pleased if he just progressed to the point of making the NHL.

Old
05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
More valuable, perhaps. But I don't think he's close in talent level. I say this after having watched Sergei a fair bit earlier in the year. I would be pleased if he just progressed to the point of making the NHL.
Agreed... you'd almost love to merge them into a single player. Sergei seems to have the drive and a little bit of intangible grit and luck that Andrei is missing. But he definitely doesn't look as smooth or talented as Andrei.

Andrei does things that make you say "wow!", but often they end up not working. Sometimes he doesn't use his teammates very well or put himself into the right place to be used by his teammates.

Sergei sometimes does things in near-invisibility, stealthily getting himself open or taking a fluttering seeing-eye shot that somehow eludes the goalie, but the only times I've ever said "wow!" about anything he did was on a couple of surprising hits he threw. And he definitely seems to have a knack for getting himself into position and feeding off his teammates more.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the OHL finals and Mem Cup, which probably takes precedence over NHL games on TV for me now. Should be a good chance to see a whole lot more of Sergei.

Old
05-04-2006, 05:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Agreed... you'd almost love to merge them into a single player. Sergei seems to have the drive and a little bit of intangible grit and luck that Andrei is missing. But he definitely doesn't look as smooth or talented as Andrei.

Andrei does things that make you say "wow!", but often they end up not working. Sometimes he doesn't use his teammates very well or put himself into the right place to be used by his teammates.

Sergei sometimes does things in near-invisibility, stealthily getting himself open or taking a fluttering seeing-eye shot that somehow eludes the goalie, but the only times I've ever said "wow!" about anything he did was on a couple of surprising hits he threw. And he definitely seems to have a knack for getting himself into position and feeding off his teammates more.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the OHL finals and Mem Cup, which probably takes precedence over NHL games on TV for me now. Should be a good chance to see a whole lot more of Sergei.

welll put. The thing I like about Siarhei is that he is willing to drive to the net with the puck, willing to pay the price to create offense. Andrei I'd love to see him drive to the net harder and work harder. What I like about Andrei is that he has the better frame and harder shot (although he needs to work on hitting the net more)

It was a great season so far for Siarhei, can't wait to see what he can do in the future. I thought Andrei has his ups and downs but overall he had a solid season although I would have liked to see him produce more, he was 2nd on the Dogs in scoring and showed some flashes with the Habs.

Old
05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I see Sergei becoming a Peter Schaefer type player.

Old
05-04-2006, 05:40 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

For those who wanna see Sergei, game 2 and 6 are on ExpresseVu.

Rogers OHL Championship Series for the J. Ross Robertson Cup

London Knights vs. Peterborough Petes
Game 1 Friday May 5 at London, 7:30 p.m. (Rogers TV)
Game 2 Sunday May 7 at Peterborough, 4:30 p.m. (Rogers Sportsnet)
Game 3 Tuesday May 9 at London, 7:00 p.m. (Rogers TV)
Game 4 Thursday May 11 at Peterborough, 7:00 p.m. (TV Cogeco)
Game 5 Friday May 12 at London, 7:30 p.m. * (Rogers TV)
Game 6 Sunday May 14 at Peterborough, 4:30 p.m. * (Rogers Sportsnet)
Game 7 Tuesday May 16 at London, 7:00 p.m. * (Rogers TV)

Old
05-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Marchy79

I honestly hope he turns out well, But I dont think he's in Andrei's level in terms of talent.
Andrei IMO will be a Star in the show... an almost perrenial all-star...

I liken the situation to the Stastny brothers...
Peter was awesome, Anton was no slouch, both were solid NHL'ers... but Peter was the Star, and Anton was the bluecollar cog in the wheel.

Closed Thread