Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worlds

Old
05-05-2006, 01:23 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
Worlds

Koivu's +1 with three shots so far. Nothing on the scoresheet for him, but at least he's playing.
http://live82.ihwc.net/english/teams....ihwc?team=FIN

Skoula's playing for the Czech Rep. Got on the scoresheet with a penalty.

Schultz is playing for Canada.
Looks like he's wearing an "A" -- 5 shots, finished even in the first game I think.

Last edited by ceber: 05-05-2006 at 04:15 PM.
ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Looks like he's wearing an "A" ...
Hmm.... the only possible explanation for that is that he's too small for them to have fit the entire word "apathetic" on his jersey.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 01:03 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

That's great Wild...

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 09:54 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Looks like he's wearing an "A" -- 5 shots, finished even in the first game I think.

hmmmm

must be a weak canadian team this year

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 10:18 AM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
Hmm.... the only possible explanation for that is that he's too small for them to have fit the entire word "apathetic" on his jersey.
classic post...sad as it is.

chaachie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
tut tut, Schultz was the Wild's best defenseman down the stretch, meaningless though it was. I think he'd be a premier d'man in the NHL if it had the same season as baseball.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 08:04 PM
ceber

I'm a Schultz fan. I think he needs a bigger dog.

Old
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Wild Thing

Yeah, as much as I rag on the guy, I'm a Schultz fan too. He just drives me crackers with the way he shows up for training camp every year out of shape and disinterested. It just makes me wonder whether the guy even likes playing hockey. Most players love the game so much, by the time September rolls around they're dying to get back on the ice. But Schultz... he seems like he's just dying to get back to that window seat at Tim Horton's.

Old
05-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Bookman

Some year he's going to figure it out. Can you imagine him playing the whole season like it was March? The guy IS still only 23 after all, so maybe he'll grow up yet.

Old
05-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Realm

It would be nice if you could watch some of these games, too bad nobody else cares.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 04:53 AM
jonas234567

According to Swiss media the Wilds are interested in Julien Vauclair who is currently playing for the Swiss team at the IHWC.

jonas234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas234567
According to Swiss media the Wilds are interested in Julien Vauclair who is currently playing for the Swiss team at the IHWC.
Seriously?? Seems odd.

Old
05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
jonas234567

I just quote Swiss media.
Vauclair said that there have already been first meetings.

Vauclair showed 3 good matches at the Worlds, was together with Bezina best Swiss defender, better than Streit (Montreal Canadiens). I think Vauclair has the potential for a 5th or 6th defense spot in an NHL-team. We'll see what happens with him.

jonas234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 12:53 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:

who?

and are we gonna bring over Sprunger?

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 02:07 PM
ceber

Quote:
I just quote Swiss media.
Vauclair said that there have already been first meetings.

Vauclair showed 3 good matches at the Worlds, was together with Bezina best Swiss defender, better than Streit (Montreal Canadiens). I think Vauclair has the potential for a 5th or 6th defense spot in an NHL-team. We'll see what happens with him.
Great. No offense to anyone, of course, but I was thinking we probably had enough 5th or 6th defensemen and needed someone more in the line of a 1-3.

Maybe we're looking at more turnover than I anticipated, though.

Old
05-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Tritsche

vCash: 1950
Send a message via MSN to Tritsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
who?

and are we gonna bring over Sprunger?
This guy is amazing he made 43 points and 26 goals in 53 games. I couldn't understand why he is not in the swiss team. Julien Sprunger says he will make an other season in our league and will join the wild organisation in 07/08. But maybe he will already go to your organisation right now.

Tritsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
edd1e

Mikko Koivu just played amazing game against USA.
He was named the best player of the game, even though Nitty let zero goals in. He has great hands and plays great defence, i dont know what you are doing him, but keep doing it

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Sampe

Koivu has indeed played a very good tournament so far and keeps improving in every game. He started on the 3rd line with limited ice time especially on PP, but has clearly outplayed the rest of our centers with his hard work, excellent puck protection ability and ever improving offensive plays.

With a goal (he had 2 very good chances for a 2nd in the last minute) and an assist today plus very solid play in the defensive zone he was easily the best player on a line cosisting of him, Tuomo Ruutu and Jussi Jokinen, and that line, in turn, was easily our best against the States. People are writing Mikko off far too early, because with that attitude, size and skillset he'll surely develop into a highly valuable 2-way player in the NHL.

Sampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampe

With a goal (he had 2 very good chances for a 2nd in the last minute) and an assist today plus very solid play in the defensive zone he was easily the best player on a line cosisting of him, Tuomo Ruutu and Jussi Jokinen, and that line, in turn, was easily our best against the States. People are writing Mikko off far too early, because with that attitude, size and skillset he'll surely develop into a highly valuable 2-way player in the NHL.
Thank you, Sampe. That's what i keep telling people, but all they see is that he only scored 5 goals this season and they write him off. This guy has all the tools to be an elite player, the kind of cornerstone player you win champinhsips with. I'm very glad to hear how well he's doing at the Worlds; I think this is exactly what he needed to boost his confidence.

Old
05-12-2006, 10:11 PM
MePutPuckInNet

O'Sullivan joins Team USA in Latvia

[...but seriously....don't be bringing any damn gold medals home..that would be bad ]

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2006, 10:03 PM
MePutPuckInNet

O'Sullivan rescues US against Latvia

USA Today

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2006, 07:19 AM
ceber

Even before Patrick was over there I wanted to watch these games. Now even more so. Nice to see such a quick contribution.

Old
05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Sampe

Despite Finland's loss, Koivu was once again outstanding against Canada. His line scored both of our goals with Mikko himself collecting a goal and an assist. He worked tirelessly at both ends of the ice, created plenty of turnovers through aggressive backchecking, showed nice passing and stickhandling skills etc. Heck, he even beat Crosby to the puck once!

Canada scored twice while Koivu was on the ice, but Mikko was not to blame for either of the goals and to be honest, I can't remember a single mistake from him that was worth mentioning. He's been our most valuable forward - if not player - in the tournament and was selected as the extra forward when we pulled our goalie in the last minute.

The weird thing is that Koivu's line as a whole has been considered a success so far, but the linemates he's mostly played with have almost unanimously been considered disappointments individually. This time however he was playing with Antti Miettinen and Tuomo Ruutu and the wingers finally did show some encouraging signs. Hopefully they'll start playing up to their potential so that Mikko won't have to do everything by himself.

Sampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Bookman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampe
Despite Finland's loss, Koivu was once again outstanding against Canada. His line scored both of our goals with Mikko himself collecting a goal and an assist. He worked tirelessly at both ends of the ice, created plenty of turnovers through aggressive backchecking, showed nice passing and stickhandling skills etc. Heck, he even beat Crosby to the puck once!

Canada scored twice while Koivu was on the ice, but Mikko was not to blame for either of the goals and to be honest, I can't remember a single mistake from him that was worth mentioning. He's been our most valuable forward - if not player - in the tournament and was selected as the extra forward when we pulled our goalie in the last minute.

The weird thing is that Koivu's line as a whole has been considered a success so far, but the linemates he's mostly played with have almost unanimously been considered disappointments individually. This time however he was playing with Antti Miettinen and Tuomo Ruutu and the wingers finally did show some encouraging signs. Hopefully they'll start playing up to their potential so that Mikko won't have to do everything by himself.
Wow, great to hear - I know there were a lot of folks who thought Chicago got the better Finn that draft - nice to hear Mikko is playing as well as Ruutu, if not better.

Old
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Bookman

Hannula gets the hat trick in Sweden's 6-0 butt whipping of the US.