HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Many Aebischer proposal

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2006, 03:18 PM
KaptainKourage*

vCash: 500
Many Aebischer proposal

Aebischer is unlikely to be back next year. Huet is UFA, but he seems to like Montreal and he will probably sign a long-term contract about 2.5M / years for 3 seasons.

In the farm, Yann Danis played very good last season (he play at the all-star game with a very poor team, Hamilton) and Halak got impressive numbers even if he dont play many game (spend most of the season in the ECHL). Price shine in the WHL so they dont remains spot for Aebischer. Aebischer said to the media that he want to play at least 50 games next season, and as #2 is more likely to play something like 25 games so...

IMO, he is a very good goaltender. Far away from being an all-star goaltender but a #1 and some team would have an interest in him. I think to Philly, Ottawa, Toronto, St. Louis, Los Angeles but mostly Tampa Bay & Vancouver.

@ Philly : David Aebischer, Mike Ribeiro, second round pick.
@ Montreal : Michal Handzus, fourth round pick.

Philly FINALLY get a true #1 goaltender, they miss that for while. Mike Ribeiro is highly underrated imo on this board, he is not soft like people say, he can put 60 points / season and have a cheap salary. Handzus is a solid, BIG, #2 center. Habs really need a big center.

@ Tampa Bay : David Aebischer, Richard Zednik, fourth round pick.
@ Montreal : Fredrik Modin.

Tampa Bay have the same problem as Philadelphie, they need a goaltender and Aebischer solve this problem. Zednik is a solid 2nd line winger who can score 20 goals by season. Fredrik Modin is better and bigger than Zednik and this is why Habs would need him.

@ Vancouver : David Aebischer.
@ Montreal : Matt Cooke + (Alexander Burrows or a third round pick).

Matt Cooke is a solid grinder with good offensive ability. I think he can REALLY help the Habs on the 3rd line. I think Aebi is better than Auld but I dont see him play much so Nucks fan know more about this proposal than me.

@ St. Louis : David Aebischer, Duncan Milroy, 2nd round pick.
@ Montreal : Eric Brewer.

St. Louis are likely to draft Johnson so with Jackman, Lynch, Backman, Wideman and Johnson they have a lot of good defensmans. Maybe too much. A true goaltender can help their young team and Milroy is a good prospect who will develop into a solid 4th line grinder. Brewer bring aggresivity and size to Habs' blueline.

------------------------------------------
Any thoughts ? I think they are pretty good proposal

Old
05-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
Aebischer is unlikely to be back next year. Huet is UFA, but he seems to like Montreal and he will probably sign a long-term contract about 2.5M / years for 3 seasons.

In the farm, Yann Danis played very good last season (he play at the all-star game with a very poor team, Hamilton) and Halak got impressive numbers even if he dont play many game (spend most of the season in the ECHL). Price shine in the WHL so they dont remains spot for Aebischer. Aebischer said to the media that he want to play at least 50 games next season, and as #2 is more likely to play something like 25 games so...

IMO, he is a very good goaltender. Far away from being an all-star goaltender but a #1 and some team would have an interest in him. I think to Philly, Ottawa, Toronto, St. Louis, Los Angeles but mostly Tampa Bay & Vancouver.

@ Philly : David Aebischer, Mike Ribeiro, second round pick.
@ Montreal : Michal Handzus, fourth round pick.

Philly FINALLY get a true #1 goaltender, they miss that for while. Mike Ribeiro is highly underrated imo on this board, he is not soft like people say, he can put 60 points / season and have a cheap salary. Handzus is a solid, BIG, #2 center. Habs really need a big center.

@ Tampa Bay : David Aebischer, Richard Zednik, fourth round pick.
@ Montreal : Fredrik Modin.

Tampa Bay have the same problem as Philadelphie, they need a goaltender and Aebischer solve this problem. Zednik is a solid 2nd line winger who can score 20 goals by season. Fredrik Modin is better and bigger than Zednik and this is why Habs would need him.

@ Vancouver : David Aebischer.
@ Montreal : Matt Cooke + (Alexander Burrows or a third round pick).

Matt Cooke is a solid grinder with good offensive ability. I think he can REALLY help the Habs on the 3rd line. I think Aebi is better than Auld but I dont see him play much so Nucks fan know more about this proposal than me.

@ St. Louis : David Aebischer, Duncan Milroy, 2nd round pick.
@ Montreal : Eric Brewer.

St. Louis are likely to draft Johnson so with Jackman, Lynch, Backman, Wideman and Johnson they have a lot of good defensmans. Maybe too much. A true goaltender can help their young team and Milroy is a good prospect who will develop into a solid 4th line grinder. Brewer bring aggresivity and size to Habs' blueline.

------------------------------------------
Any thoughts ? I think they are pretty good proposal
Abeischer is not an upgrade for any of the teams you list, except possibly St. Louis. And, he has a big contract to boot (for a player of that nature). The St. Louis deal is also unbalanced - Aebischer and bit parts for Brewer.

And, Ribero is every bit as soft as everybody here says he is. He is also not underrated by fans on this board - instead he is overrated by some Hab fans.

Old
05-05-2006, 03:51 PM
FTowwn

i like the st.loouis propoasal
i do it for sure

Old
05-05-2006, 03:53 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Abeischer is not an upgrade for any of the teams you list, except possibly St. Louis. And, he has a big contract to boot (for a player of that nature). The St. Louis deal is also unbalanced - Aebischer and bit parts for Brewer.

And, Ribero is every bit as soft as everybody here says he is. He is also not underrated by fans on this board - instead he is overrated by some Hab fans.
How Aebischer cant be an upgrade over Graham or Burle

Old
05-05-2006, 03:56 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Duncan Milroy, now that's funny.

Old
05-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not sure who "Burle" is? Do you mean Burke?

Either way, I'd argue that John Graham outplayed Aebischer for most of the season. Their stats were pretty similar, even though Graham played on a offense-oriented team.

You could argue that Aebischer is an upgrade, but he is not much of one.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:06 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:

Either way, I'd argue that John Graham outplayed Aebischer for most of the season. Their stats were pretty similar, even though Graham played on a offense-oriented team.

Im sorry but Graham is not even an #1 goalie, Aebischer is. He just stole us two games against OTTAWA this season and do well in Colorado past 2 season, and Colorado' D is not a lot better than Tampa Bay' one...

(Yes, Burke, sorry)

Old
05-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
aebischer is underrated

Old
05-05-2006, 04:13 PM
KaptainKourage*

I add another one :
@ Montreal : 8th overall pick (1st round pick), 98th overall pick (4th round), 158th overall pick (6th round pick).
@ Phoenix : David Aebischer, 46th overall pick (2nd round), 76th overall pick (3rd round).

Old
05-05-2006, 04:17 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
I'm pretty sure Saint Louis isn't looking for a goalie right now. Sanford and Bacashihua have been the best goaltenders for the Blues right now, and we have Schwarz, Barulin, and Beckford-Tseu coming up. However, if one of our goalies melts down, I would be willing to make that trade, depending how Brewer is playing.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Beukeboom Fan

I'm a big Aebischer fan, and even I think you are very much overrating his trade value. IMO, he's not going to be the cornerstone of a deal to get a top 10 pick or a player of Brewer's caliber unless Gainey really takes advantage of someone.

I could see the TB one go down, because they will have to get a starter, and I don't think that Zednik is that much of a downgrade on Modin.

I could also see the VAN deal for Cooke being fair value wise. However, I think that they are likely trying to move a goalie (Cloutier), not pick another one up.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Isn't Modin an impending UFA, or does he have more years on his contract?

Old
05-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Aebischer = Esche

Thank you.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Olly2

Aebischer > Grahame

Quote:

Aebischer is a huge upgrade. He's already experienced some success in the play offs and if you take away the early part of this season, and 2 games against Pittsburgh as a HAB. He had a very solid season. He's also entering the prime of his career.

Aebsicher did not play much during the lockout and it took him a while to regain his form. Once January rolled around he was a top 10 goalie in the league. Unfortunately for him, he was traded to a team riding out a hot goalie. No GM in his right mind would have started him over Huet in the play offs. The fans and the team were behind Huet.

Montreal now faces a tough decision. Personally, I would keep Aebsicher, as he is more proven. He has performed very well at the international level, nhl regular season and playoffs.

Huet really has half a year under his belt. That's got to make things uneasy for Gainey.

Any team that can acquire Aebischer and sign him to a fair salary will be very happy.

Old
05-05-2006, 05:00 PM
nuckfan insk

Quote:

umm not to argue darth but i think tampa would have an upgrade with abby in net

Old
05-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

And why is arguing with me a bad thing? I'm fine with other posters not agreeing with me. In this particular case, all the disagreements have had sound logic behind them anyway.

Old
05-05-2006, 05:32 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Aebischer would be an upgrade in Tampa, Vancouver and St-Louis.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him back in the NorthWest in Vancouver.

I don't want to speculate players, though. As it is mostly lame and never happens.

Old
05-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Isn't Modin an impending UFA, or does he have more years on his contract?
He is not a UFA.

Old
05-06-2006, 03:57 PM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley

I don't want to speculate players, though. As it is mostly lame and never happens.
i and most canuck fans as well as several others firmly believe that alex auld is a legitimate #1 goalie. besides being younger and cheaper i also think auld is a little better than abby. and with cap space being worth what it is. auld is cheap $$$$

i think abby is a good goalie and a starting netminder at that. he should go where he can be a starter, vancouver is not one of those places. between auld and noronnen (who i think can be better than auld). we are set in net with a good young tandem. and also we got a blue chipper playing at boston college in cory schneider,

Old
05-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram
i think abby is a good goalie and a starting netminder at that. he should go where he can be a starter, vancouver is not one of those places. between auld and noronnen (who i think can be better than auld). we are set in net with a good young tandem. and also we got a blue chipper playing at boston college in cory schneider,
Not too mention the Canucks already have Dan Cloutier under contract for next season who is on the same level as Aebischer. Personally, I think Aebischer will remain in Montreal next season and split time with Huet(if re-signed).

Old
05-06-2006, 10:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

some of these proposals are ridiculous.

aebischer simply doesn't have that kind of value.

Old
05-07-2006, 12:51 AM
QuickDynamite

The Canucks aren't in the market for another goalie. Just think about it if this trade actually happened: the Canucks would have Auld, Cloutier, Noronen, Aebischer and in the minors would have Flaherty and Oulette.

Old
05-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x
The Canucks aren't in the market for another goalie. Just think about it if this trade actually happened: the Canucks would have Auld, Cloutier, Noronen, Aebischer and in the minors would have Flaherty and Oulette.
Not to mention Luongo. Please?

Old
05-07-2006, 09:23 AM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
Aebischer = Esche

Thank you.
I definitely don't know that Aebi is an upgrade for any of those teams. I don't even know that he's a true #1 starter, I mean this year he pretty much split the duties with Budaj before he was traded, then fell apart in Montreal.

Old
05-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley

Sure, if you want to ignore facts, Aebischer would be an upgrade in St. Louis. Nevermind that Sanford posted better numbers behind the worst team in hockey than Aebischer behind two playoff teams. Nevermind that the deal would force the Blues to put Jason Bacashihua who played excellently down the stretch and finished with the same save percentage as Aebischer, on waivers. Seriously, stop with the stupid goaltender x to St. Louis proposals. There are a lot of areas where the Blues need help and you people are beating a dead horse on the one we don't.

Closed Thread